What's new
Question, I bought my ST-V board a little less than a month ago from Paradise. Do the board shipped out during that time frame have the new auto-boot firmware already loaded? Or do I need to perform the update before I have this functionality?

They do have the latest all. Including autoboot from microSD. That means that any future firmware update can be loaded by just copying a file into the microSD and powering on.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    933.6 KB · Views: 388
Got this week my new multicard, are they now with the new version or must i update it for the autoreset ?

I'm working on installing a ST-V setup for @tom5151 but I'm not sure if I need to update the firmware or not.

Exactly how do the reset wires need to be connected from the LCD to the cart and from the cart to the motherboard?
That bit is a little unclear to me.
What I did now is go from the 2 blue pins on the LCD, 1 wire to the programming connector on the cart and 1 wire to the motherboard.
Is this correct or would I need to connect the cart to the motherboard as well?

Because when loading a game with the LCD the unit resets but I get a message saying something like 'error on cartridge, press service to exit'?
After doing that the units resets again and I get the standard ST-V post screen and I need to power cycle for the game to load?

Last edited:
If you want the auto-reset function, just connect the reset from the motherboard directly to the multi (little pad without the pin headers), and P4 (or P5, it's the same) from the LCD to the multi (pin headers connector, can't remember the exact pin right now).

a friend of mine has a stv multi cart and want to ad the reset wire and also the lcd selector.

I don't know if he has the right firmware. there stands 11_2015 on the cart..

how can I find out? we do not have that update device.

thanks

There is no way to know. It's just one cable, solder it and see if it resets.

use a resistor of 200 ohm or more when connecting the 2 points. That will make it 100% sure.

Out of curiosity, what does the auto-reset feature do exactly.
Is it still possible to use the cart without connecting this point, and resetting manually when switching games?

Out of curiosity, what does the auto-reset feature do exactly.
Is it still possible to use the cart without connecting this point, and resetting manually when switching games?
Yes exactly how you describe it :)

Back