What's new

Debu_Ranger

Student
Reaction score
First, I'm very new to actual Arcades.

This popped up on a local site near my home.
He is asking about $2K for it. I'm in the USA so that's US Dollars.
It comes with 648 games.

I was looking at a Viewlix but it was listed at about $2600.
He said it is Jamma and also has a pandora in it. I'm new to all this so it looks like Pandora is a multigame.

I wanted a sit down Japanese style arcade system to play SF and things like that.
Also something that I could hook up a PS4 to play things like Blazblue and other fighting games.

I mean, is this worth it? Guy says this is the last one, but it's been up for about a month now so I'm not in a rush to buy it now.
He also said he is some type of distributor and will only give 30 days warranty. It feels shady.

This looks like the model.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.details.maylikeexp.5.5f9c6b50LAUf9z

But of course it is just a cab with no games and I bet shipping would be expensive.

What are my options or should I just pull the trigger on it.
Also its only 40 minutes from my house so there is that.

Thanks

Attachments

• chewlix.jpg
    chewlix.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,945
Chewlix cabinets are not worth that much, it doesn’t matter how many games he puts in it. Those cabinets are worth $1200 tops. At that price just get a real vewlix

Chewlix are knock-offs. He's as much a "distributor" as the lady selling fake Coach purses in the strip mall.

That's not saying that they're junk. Just that there's no legitimate distribution stream. He's just some guy who ordered a container's worth on aliexpress and reselling them. Nothing more.

Giving a warranty is relatively unheard of in the arcade scene, so if anything that's to his credit.

JAMMA cab would be a pain to work a PS4 into. A real JVS cab would be less so. Either way it's work and rewiring and buying some Brook boards.

Pandora is a multi game. And a cheap one ($50-75), and kinda mid to low quality. Some games play great, some are awful. And they're hit or miss on working for any extended period of time.

You can snag a real Vewlix L in the ballpark of 15-1600 nowadays, so with shipping inside the states you could be in the same end price range but have the real deal.

Thank You guys for saving me making a mistake.
Guy was pushy and pulling the, "I have sold 42 of of these and have two left. One is spoken for so you can have the other one"

When I asked if it was a viewlix or who the manufacturer was he balked and said he didn't know since he buys in bulk.
That was when my bat-radar went up.

Maybe for now, It is a Viewlix that or something similar and just use a raspberry Pi and my PS4.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

What about something like this?

https://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/Vewlix_L_Taito_cabinet_7872.html
And what does the Taito Type X have or need game wise?
Coinopexpress doesn't keep stock. They take your money, see if they can find your item at the price they quoted, and then disappear off the face of the Earth if they can't. Plus you'd need to deal with all of the shipping and customs, just like on aliexpress.

It's worth mentioning that cabs are largely sold without games.

TTX is JVS, so it's plug and play with a real Vewlix. Game list here: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=677

You can get the same cab coinop has listed for about the same money as that link (sans domestic shipping) domestically. No need to reach out to foreign sellers. Check with ken@thegameroom.com, @kcarcadegame, or @Cereth. All are reputable sellers.

Also is there a good multi game that has stuff like Street Fighter and Blazblue?
Is there a JVS to like PS4 adapter that lets me connect that for games like Soul Calibur VI or SNK Heroines?

If hooking up a console, best recommendation is get a Brooks adapter off aliexpress. If looking for arcade, a TTX2 multi should be able to cover all that.

Also is there a good multi game that has stuff like Street Fighter and Blazblue?
Is there a JVS to like PS4 adapter that lets me connect that for games like Soul Calibur VI or SNK Heroines?
Check out my multi for TTX2, link is in my signature.

Will do.

Thank you guys for helping me out in a short time before I made a grave mistake.

That's what we're here for! Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. Most everyone here is eager to help.

hi all! Sorry for bothering. I'm looking for a vewlix cab that can be shipped to Canada. Any suggestion?

KC or I can do that. I don't have a quote for shipping a single cab, but two cost around $970+um, $200-$300 for customs? Keep that in mind for a reference price. I can also look into the price of shipping one directly from Japan, which honestly might be close to what you'd pay anyway. Where in Canada are you located, and what style are you looking for?

Can you please provide the link? Whos is KC? The highest I can go maybe around $1500. Is it just clone or legit taito? I live in SK saskatoon.

Can you please provide the link? Whos is KC? The highest I can go maybe around $1500. Is it just clone or legit taito? I live in SK saskatoon.
KC is @kcarcadegame.

But @Cereth was quoting you shipping costs. You're looking at probably a grand *just* in shipping from the US to Canada. Cab price not inclusive.

If your budget is $1500 total you're really going to need to find a Canadian seller, and probably a clone.

If your budget is $1500 total you're really going to need to find a Canadian seller, and probably a clone.
Yea that!
1500$ will get you a cab, but not shipped.
I'd expect anywhere from 600~800$ on top just for shipping and I think that's even a conservative figure given the distance.
See with freight shipping it's all about the nearest terminal/large city.

Another option might be to find one more person in your area who wants one.
Buy two cabs and ship them together, the price to ship the 2nd is almost nothing/free once your already paying for the 1st.
Then the two of you can split the shipping down the center, if it came out to 1,000$ that would be 500$ each... Basically 2k$ to your door, that's what I paid for my L-AMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might not be as good going over the border. Customs is per cabinet and I don't think, while cheaper for the second, it's the same. The $500-550 range for a cab is the same for two because there's a minimum cost and 1-2 cabs is close to that cost. Since shipping to Canada is naturally more expensive, I think there isn't as much of a savings.

And yeah what was said, if you want a real Vewlix for $1,500, forget it. You could get a Cewlix for that price no problem though

Back