What's new
Thanks, I'm getting ready to try this out.
Was having trouble finding the 2 files all the netbooting tutorials talk about. Any ideas where I can find those?
 Transfergame.exe
 Dim_fw_402.bin

Invaluable information on this forum.

I haven't tried netbooting just yet. One of the tutorials above says that a netdimm with verison 3.3 firmware is all that is needed for booting from a PC. That's great since that's what I have.

Is it only necessary to upgrade the firmware if I plan on using a CF or pi? I've seen it mentioned that upgrading firmware on anything below version 3.17 may brick my netdimm.

I haven't tried netbooting just yet. One of the tutorials above says that a netdimm with verison 3.3 firmware is all that is needed for booting from a PC. That's great since that's what I have.

Is it only necessary to upgrade the firmware if I plan on using a CF or pi? I've seen it mentioned that upgrading firmware on anything below version 3.17 may brick my netdimm.
There are many types of netdimms or dimms for Naomi, but onyl 2 come with GDROM port. One has only Gdrom port and the other has also Network port and a serial port. The 1st one, with only GDROM can be updated, used the method described by TylerDurden67 on this thread:
[Tutorial] Naomi reading compact flash on 'normal' non-net dimmboard

For the ones that have both GDROM and Network connector, you can upgrade just uploading via Netboot as explained in many forums, blogs, etc.

Much appreciated Darksoft. I figured it out. I had at first thought that netbooting required the latest firmware, but it's fine with 3.03. Easier than I thought it was going to be.

There are many types of netdimms or dimms for Naomi, but onyl 2 come with GDROM port. One has only Gdrom port and the other has also Network port and a serial port. The 1st one, with only GDROM can be updated, used the method described by TylerDurden67 on this thread:[Tutorial] Naomi reading compact flash on 'normal' non-net dimmboard

For the ones that have both GDROM and Network connector, you can upgrade just uploading via Netboot as explained in many forums, blogs, etc.
Ok, this is slightly confusing. I ordered a netdimm that just has the network port. I don’t see a Gdrom port. You say the ones that have both Gdrom and network connector can be upgraded via NetBoot, but what about the ones that just have the network port?

SAme. You have a network only dimm so you can upgrade via netboot.

This seems like the thread to ask this question. After doing some research I can't seem to get a direct answer.

I have a netdimm 4.02 and a Naomi 1 Export with rev H bios (Not Multi). When I boot up I don't see the Network Settings in the test menu. Is this because I need a multibios?

Back