What's new

crow

Beginner
Reaction score
My name is Crow. I'm interested mostly in fighting games running on supergun, especially more obscure ones. My current goal is to get a supergun with Buriki-One and then picking up some other games I'm interested in like Hokuto no Ken and ST. Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome, I been waiting patiently for Fist of the Northstar as well. Even the bootlegs are going for $150+ and the authentics $350 with artwork.

Welcome, I been waiting patiently for Fist of the Northstar as well. Even the bootlegs are going for $150+ and the authentics $350 with artwork.
It's a shame. Usually I'd just import the ps2 game to practice, but they changed how Yuda works so it's no good.

Welcome!!!

Ya know, it would be worth building out a Naomi netboot.
You could easily put a kit together to play dat sweet Fist of the North Star.

YOU WA SHOCK!

Welcome! I’ve gathered a bunch of fighters, check my VAPS profile below. some are best sourced from Yahoo Auctions Japan so look into a buying service there. What’s ST?

Buriki one needs a hyper neo geo 64 so make sure you have some room, it’s large!

also if you do a Naomi NetBoot for FotNS then you’ll need an extra power supply besides the one for the supergun. It’s also large for a supergun setup! The atomiswave original version can run on normal jamma tho, and is a bit smaller footprint for sure.

Last edited:
I HATE JVS setups especially that giant Naomi nightmare/disaster!
However that being said, yea NetBooting (on Naomi) the converted Atomiswave game is IMO the best way to run it.

Atomis games are just too damn expensive for my taste, even for the bootlegs.

Welcome! I’ve gathered a bunch of fighters, check my VAPS profile below. some are best sourced from Yahoo Auctions Japan so look into a buying service there. What’s ST?

Buriki one needs a hyper neo geo 64 so make sure you have some room, it’s large!

also if you do a Naomi NetBoot for FotNS then you’ll need an extra power supply besides the one for the supergun. It’s also large for a supergun setup! The atomiswave original version can run on normal jamma tho, and is a bit smaller footprint for sure.
ST is the fighting game community name for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I'd like to get a set up that I can take in my car to fighting game tournaments, so game, supergun and CRT-TV.

That’s what I figured but when you said “obscure” fighters I hesitated!

Grab a cps2 multi ;)

Maybe keep an eye on marq’s digital board so you can skip hauling around a crt and use an lcd instead... DIY UD-CPS2 Kit

Welcome!!!

YOU WA SHOCK!
I just scooped up a Naomi and what looks like a Capcom jvs. I also bought a power adapter from Mitsurugi-W to hook to a 500w ps I never wound up using. I have a question, I seen a 4.2 dimm that is going for good price as the netdimms are pricey. What's better, the CF/dimm route or netboot?

Welcome!!!

YOU WA SHOCK!
I just scooped up a Naomi and what looks like a Capcom jvs. I also bought a power adapter from Mitsurugi-W to hook to a 500w ps I never wound up using. I have a question, I seen a 4.2 dimm that is going for good price as the netdimms are pricey. What's better, the CF/dimm route or netboot?
Good for you. The Raspberry Pi netboot is much more flexible.
Realistically you can find a modded NetDimm for like 150. 200 is about as high as I'd go for a 256 one.
There's a guy on Ebay "yaton" you need to find. He'll get you one from China for like 125, but it'll take over a month to get it. If you can wait, and your time is worth that cash, its not a bad idea. There's a lot of them that get sold here too for around 150ish.
It never hurts to open up a WTB thread, and pay forward here.

Good luck dude.

What's better, the CF/dimm route or netboot?
DIMM/NetBoot is the way to go, in fact get yourself a Pi 3.
Good score on the Capcom IO and yes you are going to need that ATX adapter/PSU for the beast that is Naomi with all its leachy perferials. ;)

There's a guy on Ebay "yaton" you need to find.
Most people slowly find their way to yaton. You are like a drug dealer and just sent this poor man full blow heroin.
This forum is full of "those guys" and "That guy."
Treat them with respect, trust, and privacy.
They'll return with fruits of beautiful circuitry.

There's a guy on Ebay "yaton" you need to find.
Most people slowly find their way to yaton. You are like a drug dealer and just sent this poor man full blow heroin.
This forum is full of "those guys" and "That guy."Treat them with respect, trust, and privacy.
They'll return with fruits of beautiful circuitry.
Hey Crow Welcome!

Psykom1 Yaton isnt always bad his prices can be alright at times but if your looking for 100% quality you should be wary

Hey crow,

Welcome to these awesome arcade forums!

Have you heard of HAS?

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

:D

Here's my Naomi

MyNaoimiA.JPG

MyNaoimiC.JPG

:D

Last edited:
Back