What's new

yuro

Student
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of various Fast I/O boards.

Context: Just about to pick up a Vewlix F (from KC) and want to make it into full Fast I/O for Niko's Multi, Steam and Fightcade.

Already have Nesica RFID usb reader and this Fast I/O card for PC.
i-img800x600-15460896918vddja1633132.jpg

Which of these below do you recommend and why?

K91X1147A
bbashu15-img1200x951-15417307912yyupm20135.jpg

K91X1204B
i-img600x535-1547949850kscxnj38096.jpg

K91X1243C
i-img1200x900-1548311003zgn9xl13503.jpg

All should give similar results, I use the bottom one just fine with my X2 and X3

The top most picture is for a TypeX3.

The 2nd picture is a JVS I/O.

The 3rd picture (K91X1204B) is the normal Fast I/O board. ( This is the one to get IMO )

The 4th picture (K91X1243C) is another type of Fast I/O board, I've never actually used or tested with one but I've heard some people complain about it only supporting 4 or 5 buttons.

The 4th picture (K91X1243C) is another type of Fast I/O board, I've never actually used or tested with one but I've heard some people complain about it only supporting 4 or 5 buttons.
works fine for me with 6 button games...

The top most picture is for a TypeX3.
@Niko, will it work in a PC for your type x2 multi? If not, what PCB do I need to hunt for?
If you had the drivers possibly, but on another note my multi isnt really designed to be used on a modern PC.
Also, not entirely needed when you have full control over the host os, so not sure why someone would use it given that case, I only demoed it running on a pc when setting up my NxL Theme for the x2, specially to keep the folder structure and make sure everything launched properly

Brother, how did you set it up?

I also have a K91X1243C io.

Asking for help

Thank you

Question,

Is it possible to have one fast io/ sega jvs board to work with a regular computer to play games like kof13 or sfiv?

I haven't gotten a Fast I/O yet, it's currently being shipped from YAJ but I've been reading a few bits of information saying this PCB doesn't support all 6 buttons.

@PascalP, can you please confirm your I/O? Is it the K91X1243C or a different revision? The ones I got were K91X1243A and everything I'm reading about it seems to be incompatible with 6 buttons.

It'd be great if you can confirm.

Cheers.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Fast IO boards didn't support more than 4 or 5 buttons. Dariusburst uses maybe 4, Groove Coaster uses maybe 2, Theatrhythm is maybe 2 as well, etc.

For a Vewlix I would only get the one with the jamma edge (like @Niko already advised).

For a Vewlix I would only get the one with the jamma edge (like @Niko already advised).
Yeah I realised this AFTER I won on YAJ lol..

My YAJ experience has been, buy first think later lol.

I got 2 units for $80 AUD, so it wasn't astronomical money and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

It's just strange how taito don't make "fast i/o" all equals smh..

I received my units not long ago and made a P1 harness based on the wiring schematics of the Taito G harness, I can 100% report that my IO's K91X1243A don't work with buttons 5 and 6 :(

BCnfo2il.jpg

What I did notice was if I had the dip switches off, then the coin pin doesn't work. As I don't currently have a coin mech in the cab, I wired it up it to a button. It would only work with Dip 1 on, Dip 2 on (or off).

Now to decide whether to purchase the "C" version of this IO (scared that it'll have the same issue with Buttons 5 and 6) or spend a lot more to buy the one with the JAMMA edge..

Last edited:
I received my units not long ago and made a P1 harness based on the wiring schematics of the Taito G harness, I can 100% report that my IO's K91X1243A don't work with buttons 5 and 6 :(

BCnfo2il.jpg

What I did notice was if I had the dip switches off, then the coin pin doesn't work. As I don't currently have a coin mech in the cab, I wired it up it to a button. It would only work with Dip 1 on, Dip 2 on (or off).

Now to decide whether to purchase the "C" version of this IO (scared that it'll have the same issue with Buttons 5 and 6) or spend a lot more to buy the one with the JAMMA edge..
I wonder if it something that can be fixed in the firmware, maybe that jtag port could work to update these?? maybe enable the button 5/6?, etc...

I'd love to be able to do that - but it might be way beyond my skill set :)

It'd definitely save me a few hundred dollars and all I really care for is P1 functionality.

I found a post by @PascalP showing a pic of his Fast IO Universal here and it looks like it's the model K91X1252A which is also the same version that is referenced by @sammargh here

The million dollar question is, does the "C" version allow 6 buttons or not? I'm happy to purchase the "C" version if I know 6 buttons will work as it's cheaper than the Jamma Edge version.

@mR_CaESaR I saw your PM :)
Busy days with a baby in the house... will check it out to be sure tonight when I have time to hook up the X2 to my cab

Here ya go, tested in test menu of Gouketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou.
But in game it seems to be a 4b game only.
Also in KOF2002UM all 6 buttons work in test mode but game itself is only 4b, although the buttons are 1-2-4-5 and all work.

don’t have any SF games on my drive to test atm, just slapped in a SSD I had lying around which still had a limited image of a 2.0 beta image.
Not sure where my SSD is with the final 2.0 image with all games, will make a new one if needed.

Back