What's new

Chrisanne

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a dedicated big red cabinet that has a new(ish) monitor that was replaced in the cabinet before bought it from someone.
The monitor is a Wells-Gardner 25" with a wired remote adjustment board
I am using all original hardware and bios.
The picture itself is bright, clear, and no sign of burn in. The issues it has is if the brightness is turned up to around the normal amount (without saturation), There are these white specs or dots that run across the screen in different directions. Any idea what this could be? Please see the pictures attached. Thank you for any help you can offer.
This happens on all games.

Attachments

• MVS-White Dots Screen.jpg
    MVS-White Dots Screen.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 299
  • MVS-White Dots Screen2.jpg
    MVS-White Dots Screen2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 293
Looks like retrace lines to me, you need to turn your screen pot down and adjust brightness from the remote board.

Looks like retrace lines to me, you need to turn your screen pot down and adjust brightness from the remote board.
Where is the "Screen Pot" located and what does it look like? What is direction do I turn it? (thank you for the reply)

They are static lines and not moving, correct?

The screen pot is on the flyback on the monitor chasis. There should also be a focus pot on the flyback. Turn the screen pot a bit (usually very sensitive) counterclockwise to turn it down and then readjust the brightness pot as necessary.

They are static lines and not moving, correct?

The screen pot is on the flyback on the monitor chasis. There should also be a focus pot on the flyback. Turn the screen pot a bit (usually very sensitive) counterclockwise to turn it down and then readjust the brightness pot as necessary.
These are moving dots.
Here is link to a video of it....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Akdve5UANGKB62f37

The fact that they're moving indicates that they're not retrace lines. Is the Wells Gardner one of the newer ones with digital chassis?
Do you have any other boards you can test?

Last edited:
The fact that they're moving indicated that they're not retrace lines. Is the Wells Gardner one of the newer ones with digital chassis?
Do you have any other boards you can test?
Its an analog monitor built in 08 I believe. I am going to try and find another jamma or MVS system board to test... Thank you for the reply.
Love any other ideas you can offer.

No problem. If you try another board and have exactly the same issue it narrows it down to either the Monitor or PSU.
Do you have any other Machine or Supergun you can test the MVS on?

No problem. If you try another board and have exactly the same issue it narrows it down to either the Monitor or PSU.
Do you have any other Machine or Supergun you can test the MVS on?
I have another cabinet, but it is jamma and not NeoGeo... I think the pin-out is different

Nearly the same pinout but looks like the controls are wired differently. No harm in trying it in your JAMMA Cab.

Attachments

• 5569027243_9570423c3a_z.jpg
    5569027243_9570423c3a_z.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 183
Latest update. I put my CPS2 board on it and I had the same result. Looks like it is the monitor. Looking for any more help on this please.

Try disconnecting the video cable from the Chassis and see if problem persists. Could be some kind of grounding issue, loose wire maybe.

Looks like H/V sync needs adjustment to me (H HOLD or V HOLD usually).

Oh, no, looking at the full size pic. That's probably not the issue.

Looks like interference to me. Check your video connection to the monitor.

Back