What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Tried looking this up with not much info around. Does anyone know if it’s a simple ROM swap or more complicated?

Toaplan did a factory conversion of Zero Wing to Outzone using the TP-015 board. It looks like there's a small extra ROM board added though.

That was a crack up @xodaraP - In my google search I saw that @caius reverted a factory Zero Wing to Outzone back to Zero Wing. It’s black magic I tell ‘ya...

It's possible it was released on multiple board revisions and if you get the right one you can do the conversion

OutZone is easier to find than Zero Wing in my experience though, is Zero Wing not worth keeping?

Will have to see if the Zero Wing works in the first place... untested board gamble. Either game is fine, I just love vertical shooting games.

OutZone is easier to find than Zero Wing in my experience though, is Zero Wing not worth keeping?
I was about to post the same thing. I think I see five OutZone for every Zero Wing.

Seriously I've seen multiple Outzones in the $300-$400 range. Zero Wing seems to be in the $450+ range.

find out if your PCB works then see if you can find someone to trade you a legit Outzone for your Zero Wing.

If I had one I'd totally make that trade.

Update: @xodaraP was around today and did a reflow on an SMD chip, and it works fine without any problems... looks like it's a keeper. Thanks for the advice ya'll, I won't be converting it to Outzone.

Back