CPS3 SuperBIOS - Blank/Black Screen [solved]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS3 SuperBIOS - Blank/Black Screen [solved]

I'm having issues getting my SuperBIOS cart(s) to work.

I've probably just forgotten to do something simple as I haven't played this for a couple of months, but when I try and load, all I get is a blank/black screen screen.

I've got the following HW : Standard, unmodified dead 2I cart | SuperBIOS cart from Joerg | SuperBIOS cart from mitsurugi-w (both are just bios updates - they have the original custom SH2)

The 2I cart works fine when used with the 2 x disc version of 3rd Strike where SIMMs have to be removed/swapped etc...

However, when I plug in either of the SuperBIOS carts, all I get is a blank/black screen. I've tried various CDs, but they make no difference. Is there something else I should be doing? I've tried holding 1p start when booting, but still the same blank screen.

I also ran a SIMM check, and that shows they are all good (2 x 64 and 4 x 128)

Any suggestions?
    • Thanks mitsurugi-w

I gave both carts and all simms a good cleaning, but to no avail.

The only other thing I could think of changing was the cabinet! And it worked! :D
      Swapped the board over to Astro City number 2, and it booted up fine. Truly bizarre. I can only imagine it wasn't getting quite enough juice from the first cab. Not sure why the 2I booted fine though. Oh well, who cares!