What's new

Yippikaye

Professional
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I received a Psikyo PS3 V1 (SH2) PCB - Strikers 1945 II board.
The game plays fine, but I have glitchs on the Psikyo logo and with some text during attract mode, maybe some other minor glitchs but I didn't run the PCB too long to notice.
I checked the 5V and visually checked if there was some dry solder, but nothing appeared to be wrong.
Here are some pictures :

DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

DSC_0255.JPG

I'm using a HAS and all my other PCB work fine with my setup and I don't have another Psikyo PCB to test.

I'm not an expert repair person... far from it.

I don't remember if these boards have a ROM and RAM test but that would be the first thing to try. IF that passes then it's likely a problem with one of the CPUs.

these PCBs are actually a REALLY simple design, there's not much too them.

If there is no ROM test then another thing you can try is replacing the graphics ROMs in MAME one by one with a dummy file of the same size filled with 0s and then see which file gives you bad graphics in the same area... then you'll know which graphics ROM to try replacing.

Where there are a lot of SMD chips on these PCB you can also check for cold solder joints by putting pressure on the chips while the game is running and see if it clears up the issue.

Paging @xodaraP — didn’t you just do work on one of these the other day.

I did, with a similar fault too. The main difference is yours has issues with the sprites as well as the backgrounds where this one just had background faults.

You need to reflow the Psykio custom and the 4 SMD EEPROMs above the custom to start with.

Back