What's new

timsithD

Student
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ID ver 1 cards will work for ID ver 3 if they are new?

I've been doing some research on this so I am hoping some other owners can chime in. It looks like ID cards ver 1 to 3 are pretty much the same with the exception of the ver 1 cards missing the racer level section. It looks like the refill pack of cards for ID3 is part number 601-11358-01. However it seems like most of the vendors Betson, Happ,ect seem to have 601-11136-01 (This is the set that came with the original ID cabinet). Does anyone know if the ID ver 1 cards will work for ID ver 3 if they are new? My guess is they will print a but funny but work just fine. Just want to confirm before blowing $200 on something that might not even work.

If I remember correctly they will, but only if they are new and then they get formatted to that specific machine so you can't swap to another machine. My card reader doesnt work right now so I can't test to be sure myself, but in all my research on my ID3 cab it should work. Same goes for ID2 cards too.

very cool. I went ahead and bought a pack. My hope is it will last me the duration of my ownership :)

They should work just fine, artwork will just be different.

Additionally if you have a card that's in use and want a different car or have a card that's been marked as expired you can put them back in the hopper and dispense them as new cards again.

To confirm, yes, the ID1 cards will work in an ID3 and cards can be reused if they are put back on the bottom side of the pile in the card holder.

Each time I try to use a card that I was using in the Japanese version of the game on the USA version it says something like this card cannot be accepted. So they do seem to be locked to the games region if they have data on them and you want to continue with them.

Back