What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
I'm trying to link two JVS cabs but can't get them to work properly. It's a pair of HD cabs that came paired and already have all wiring. Hooking everything up, the 2p works as 1p, and 1p doesn't work at all. Hooked up separately like normal, both work.

Here's the JVS routing: TypeX2 JVS goes into the vs. kit passthrough. Output from that goes to the 1p JVS IO. The other port on that goes out to the 2p JVS IO. This produces the problem above. I've tried bypassing the vs kit as well. Any suggestions? It's on the show floor and I'd e been rushing with other things, not sure what else to try right away.

If it's it's anything like the Sega JVS VS kits, the passthrough is just that, a passthrough. There aren't two outputs on that thing. There's an input and an output. Type X2 JVS goes to 1st JVS IO, then from that IO you take the JVS to the 2nd JVS IO. The passthrough goes between the 1st and 2nd IO. You daisychain the IOs.

If it's it's anything like the Sega JVS VS kits, the passthrough is just that, a passthrough. There aren't two outputs on that thing. There's an input and an output. Type X2 JVS goes to 1st JVS IO, then from that IO you take the JVS to the 2nd JVS IO. The passthrough goes between the 1st and 2nd IO. You daisychain the IOs.
This is correct. I misread the first post

You should be going
TTX2 -> P1JVSIO -> P1VS Board -> P2VS Board -> P2JVSIO

JVS linking would be game dependent by nature, so the X2 game would have to support it. The IO board furthest away from the game will be the first IO board the game sees, and so it's up to the game to use additional IO's.

Gotcha. I guess the cabs were probably NAOMIs then, that all makes sense. I guess I'll just run USFIV in VS match for now and figure out something better later. Thanks for the info!

Back