What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello.. has anyone seen. Long shot since not many of us has this game/system. when I boot the system with original USB key, HD, fastI/O etc, I get a screen that says "test of the day" and nothing after that.. the system eventually reboots after a while.. on the fast I/O middle lower part of the board I get a red blinking light. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    746.2 KB · Views: 610
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 486
The game does an DVIdriver check against the monitors attached to the system.. if they are not the Taito LCDS (L, FC,) the game will go to the "test of the day".. I attached the L and the FC monitor and everything worked.. I tested every LCD that I have and nothing worked.. there is a device that copies the monitors ID and other types of monitors can be used..that info is on the link below.

translate.googleusercontent.co…cr4Fvop2kBM53uxTe5ysz_Qvw

Wow - talking about an extensive page on Darius Burst information! This is beyond extensive =O :thumbsup:

Wow - talking about an extensive page on Darius Burst information! This is beyond extensive =O :thumbsup:
What can I say.. I love that game and I want the real thing running at home because I have no space for that giant cab.

Wanted to post my last update in this project.. the DVI-ID emulator works and tricks the Darius system into thinking that it is attached to Taito's monitors.. I guess that people with the cab will not need to dish out money to Taito to replace a failed monitor.. the datapath x4 appears to work on flipping the second monitor chained to the DVI-ID emulators.. I say appears to work because I will not be able to run the game until I get my two fast I/Os back..the system boots pass the test of the day but when it boots into the game, the game detects that there are no I/Os attached.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    675.5 KB · Views: 395
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    592.1 KB · Views: 376
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    556.8 KB · Views: 351
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 376
While I wait for @Lemony Vengeance and the fast I/O box I set up the Steam version..here is what I ended up doing..

One of these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-MDS14...AOSwVVlcdtHX:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!20850!US!-1

One of these (combo of two monitors)
https://slickdeals.net/f/12865957-2...l-monitors-340-free-s-h?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

The monitors work well due to the thin edges and I highly recommend this route.. i went to microcenter and took a look at the new 32:9 curve monitors and I just did not like them.. I need flat.. the Dell version was not on display and the curvature is not as pronounced but I did not see it in person and even with a bit of curve it would have bothered me..

PC with an old nvidia 970, Xbox 360 wireless hub controller.

Old Bose solo for sound

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    562.1 KB · Views: 428
I would like to give a huge thank you! to the people below for making my DB project a success.. it took time and a lot of help but we have are at the final goal:) thank you! Everyone :thumbsup:

@Derick2k - sold me the game kit and made a power supply to power on the Fast I/O
@lemans123 - test of the way resolution
@Lemony Vengeance - fast I/O console case
@corey - looking into test of the day issue and flipping the second screen research.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 386
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    307.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
I have a darius burst. Video card failed. I swapped out the card. Now I get test of the day error. I'm still using all original equipment in the cab, even monitors X2 etc.

I have a darius burst. Video card failed. I swapped out the card. Now I get test of the day error. I'm still using all original equipment in the cab, even monitors X2 etc.
Is the new card the same from an X2? Or a consumer replacement card? If its a replacement, did you flash the elsa bios on it?

Hey guys , this is a long shot that i have yet to try, but am i right in thinking that if i hook my type x2 up to two monitors (that i have taken out of a Taito powered hopping Road) that the Darius burst will work for me? , or is that too easy ?

@Tonybolony has to be the original monitors from the game unfortunately. It checks by EDID, which is basically the monitor model number (it isn't exactly, but it's an easy way to explain it).

There are EDID emulator devices and you can use any monitor once you get the EDID from an original taito monitor.

ok thanks for that i was getting excited briefly when i scrapped a hopping road and saved the two monitors

This is some pretty nice info to have documented. I actually made a web page archive of that page translated because just looking it over its already a wealth of info.
Nice to have archives you know :)

Glad this got working for you because Darius Burst is truly a wonderful game imo. :)

Nice work there, I'm planning to make a Bartop DB cab, and plan on using the Steam version of the game, is there a way to flip the 2nd monitor in software as I'll be using a half mirror to try to get the same effect as the original cab, just with much smaller monitors. would be nice to have an original 1p 2p control panel too, but keep missing out on these :(

The game does an DVIdriver check against the monitors attached to the system.. if they are not the Taito LCDS (L, FC,) the game will go to the "test of the day".. I attached the L and the FC monitor and everything worked.. I tested every LCD that I have and nothing worked.. there is a device that copies the monitors ID and other types of monitors can be used..that info is on the link below.

translate.googleusercontent.co…cr4Fvop2kBM53uxTe5ysz_Qvw
I’ve recently acquired a DBAC TTX2 myself and came across the same issue. However, the link on this no longer works. Does anyone have this documented or archived by any chance?

I’d like to get this setup up and running myself. I have are two acer lcd monitors and the ttx2 with the fast i/o. I only have a capcom jvs to jamma i/o but I know that won’t work for this game. I’m not sure what i/o I need as I’m new to the PC arcade hardware stuff. I’m assuming the documentation above has links to the EDID converter? Thanks in advance!

You need two FAST I/O cards or it won't boot. You cannot use JVS. Any EDID emulator/cloner, such as the Dr. HDMI from HDFury will work for cloning the EDID from the original monitors. If you end up buying Dr. HDMI and need some help with cloning the EDIDs, send me a PM and I might be able to assist. You will need two Dr. HDMI devices (one per display). I think some displays might even offer EDID emulation as a feature now?

I've also read that supposedly you can just clone the EDID from any Vewlix monitor and it'll boot, so if you know someone local to you (should be plenty in SoCal!), could try that.

Good luck with it.

Back