What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
As a follow-up to my JVS link question, trying to boot USFIV in VS link mode (2 TTX2s thru a router). What do I need to do that? Current setup I have just keeps booting in Dual Mode, and I can't change any of the VS Match settings. I probably have what I need but I literally can't even send text messages on the show floor and don't really have easy setup to try a bunch of things over and over. Asking to try to expedite the process.

Since USFIV is a FastIO game, I assume you're using a JVS to FastIO that doesnt support chaining of JVS I/Os

I'm not chaining them, trying to link over a network

Ohh sorry, I should of paid attention to your original post :P

Yer good dude lol. That said though, can you chain FastIO setups?

Yer good dude lol. That said though, can you chain FastIO setups?
Not in the same sense that you would chain JVS, it involves both Fast I/O boards plugged directly into one unit.

I'll keep that in mind. I'd like to try doing that at some point. I assume that's what the sub port is for? I was going to try but I realized I only brought one FastIO PCB. RIP.

I just ran MvC2 instead. The PSU needed a step down so I had to run wires from a NNC to power it, while running something else in the NNC. Most backwards shit but I don't get denied functionality!

I've just got a second (temporary :( ) Vewlix setup, so I'm planning on giving this a go next week. I've got it up and running on both separately ok, so I'll see how I get on linking them up...

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to try networking them together, but running from a single TTX2 worked nicely. Each cab had its own Fast IO and RFID card reader. DVI connected from each port of the graphics card, Fast IOs connected from each port on the PCI card, with the RFID card readers daisy chained TTX2 --> RFID1 --> RFID2 via a MiniUSB to MiniUSB cable. The setup detected everything nicely, and each cab worked independently from it's own coin slot and card reader.

______Fast IO 1____Vewlix1
|
TTX2--------RFID1-------RFID2
|
|_____Fast IO 2_____Vewlix2

Interesting note - USFIV would not work without both RFID readers connected, other games like Akai Katana, SFZ3 and 3rd Strike worked fine with only one RFID reader connected.

IMG_8340.jpg
IMG_8358.jpg

Got round to trying a 'Linked Match' / 'Event-Group' setup, which worked nicely just using a standard router that assigns the two X2's with an IP address.
Both X2's need their own Fast IO and RFID
Set 'Vewlix 1' to:
IMG_2347.JPG

Set 'Vewlix 2' to:
IMG_2330.JPG

Both then wait for each other to connect.
IMG_2333.JPG

They then work independently of each other...
IMG_2335.JPG

...until people join in
IMG_2338.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2342.JPG
    IMG_2342.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 215
Good to know.
I tried that, but it didn't work. The IP address just sat at 0.0.0.0 on both cabs.
IMG_2339.JPG
That's my little white Xover cable discarded on the floor after I couldn't get it to work! ?(
Sounds like I missed the static IP setting, as they relied on DHCP to assign an IP.

I really wish the crossover requirement meme would die a fiery death. Completely unnecessary.

Static IPs is likely the issue.

Back