What's new

hursit

Staff member
Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello people,

Last month I found a dead body OK Baby candy cabinet. This cabinet is some kind of clone of Jaleco Pony Mark 4.
The CRT tube was dead, and there were some power problems. I replaced the Tube with CRT TV 27".

The biggest problem was ; all the cabinet was covered by sticker <X I remove it but there were some kind of glue on the cabinet :cursing: I clean all the cabinet in 4 days X(

First day
1.jpg

You can see the dead stickers
2.png

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

Don't work when some bastard friend is watching you ;( ;(
10.png

I painted the all cabinet. There are not too much details sorry ...
Colour is : Violet

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Control panel sticker
15.jpg

16.jpg

Replace the power entry....It is metal now with static paint. ( powder coat )

18.jpg

It is the Tate mod now :thumbsup:

50970806-630565887399120-5629181174057271296-n.jpg

And final pictures.
Sorry for the quality, but I will update the last pictures soon ;)

51304353-10156391621694023-7739508175216312320-n.jpg

51078266-10156391621784023-9009848248835244032-n.jpg

This cabinet goes to my friend. I have the second one now, and I will restore it too... But I really need big energy for that :P

This is the second dead body <X
son.jpg

That's some color you chose!

I had an OK Baby once. It was a nice cab. Probably one of the nicest clones out there. Well built, good quality plastic.

Amazing work! the colors and overlay are sick.

That's some color you chose!

I had an OK Baby once. It was a nice cab. Probably one of the nicest clones out there. Well built, good quality plastic.
The cabinet is very old. The plastic has been lost its durableness. So you have to be really carefull when you are working on it.

But yeah it has really great and very detailed design.
Amazing work! the colors and overlay are sick.
Thanks...
That was my friend's choice

Scrubbed up nicely! Good work!

I didn't know how i would like that paint job. But that really added some flare to that old pony clone.

Great work. You thinking of finding a tube for that second body?

I didn't know how i would like that paint job. But that really added some flare to that old pony clone.

Great work. You thinking of finding a tube for that second body?
Paint job is a really problem :) . Really hard process.

We are lucky because we can find CRT TV with Scart. So we can easily convert TV to arcade monitor . I already bought another 27" TV for the second cabinet ;)

Ah I see theres a small gap from the TV on the Bezel. I didnt notice until you said anything. Thats great stuff. Keep us posted on the second cab when you get to it!

Wow man!

You did a great job with that, what makes the paint process hard? Just working with brittle plastic?

wow !

At first when I saw the paint color I didn't think it would turn out well, but the paint job quality and CPO just look great together. ( I assume you plan on replacing that marquee with something more matching ? )

can you detail the paint process a bit ? it looks like it came out of a body shop.

Wow man!

You did a great job with that, what makes the paint process hard? Just working with brittle plastic?
wow !

At first when I saw the paint color I didn't think it would turn out well, but the paint job quality and CPO just look great together. ( I assume you plan on replacing that marquee with something more matching ? )

can you detail the paint process a bit ? it looks like it came out of a body shop.
I can tell you these:

1- I clean all the surface with acetone because of the sticker glue
2- Sand the surface with sanding machine
3- Priming the surface if there were crack or damage
4- Primer Coat
5- Sanding (400-600)
5- Violet color 1. coat
6- Sanding with smaller sand paper (800-1200)
7- Violet color last coat
8- Sanding with very smaller sand paper :P ( 2000)
9- Waxing if you want.

The paint is acrylic automotive.
All of this process takes really much time :(

Wow that is gorgeous - I got rid of my old mid 90s generic MDF Jamma MAME cab a while back because I started getting into playing real arcade hardware on my PVM-20L5 via supergun and standing up playing emulation on an LCD just doesn’t cut it anymore - so why waste so much space in the house when I can sell the mame cab and buy some Darksoft multis lol. However, when I see beautiful candy cabs like this I really would love to have one with a working CRT to sit down and play my real arcade boards in. Wish a I could find one for $500 or less but I’m sure that’s like hoping to win the lottery. Still one day I’ll put away enough cash for something like this....or the Egret 2.....god I love that rotating monitor mount.....

Back