What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
I thought I would create a separate thread for this project, away from my Let's Go Jungle Special thread to keep these things apart.

Over the years SEGA has released different games in a 'special' format, which often involves a large room, with one or more large projector screens and some sort of moving seat with air and light effects. For these games to start up properly, like with every other game requiring the correct JVS I/O board, these games require the correct large scale attraction (LSA) controller board. The aim of my project is to create an emulator (initially in python) which pretends to be the large scale attraction that the game is expecting; this will allow it to startup properly and to play.

The repository for the code and R&D is here: https://github.com/bobbydilley/OpenLSA

Currently the games I believe this will support it:

- Let's Go Jungle Special
- The House Of The Dead 4 Special

I also think it could support:

- Jurassic Park : The Lost World Special

My aim initially is just to allow the game to play, and not worry about doing anything with the outputs. This will be used with my OpenJVS software to allow the game to be played to its full potential. I'll update this thread as the software takes shape.

Conclusions of the project so far:

- The extra controls for the attendants tower etc. in the large scale games run off of the 'control board' and not the JVS board.

I've also got a good start as to what the 22 reply bytes mean:

Code:
  46 - 0xC0
  47 - UNKNOWN
  48 - POSSIBLE NUMBER (16) - THIS NEEDS TO EQUAL 1 INITIALLY I THINK! CAN EQUAL 3
  49 - UNKNOWN
  50 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
  51 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
  52 - BUTTONS/SENSORS
  53 - UNKNOWN
  54 - CONTROL BOARD PROGRAM - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
  55 - CONTROL BOARD USB LOADER - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
  56 - CONTROL BOARD APPLICATION - POSSIBLY (1, 2 = Failed, 3 = Unknown)
  57 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
  58 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
  59 - CONTROL BOARD SUM
  60 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
  61 - CONTROL BOARD INFO (POSSIBLE SWITCH CASE)
  62 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
  63 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
  64 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
  65 - CONTROL BOARD INFO
  66 - UNKNOWN
  67 - CHECKSUM

Back