What's new

wigsplitta

Professional
Reaction score
A few different people/parties were involved in making the SuperBIOS, roms, tools and tutorials required. I don't want to miss anyone out, so i'll just say a massive thanks to EVERYONE involved :thumbsup:

Got a broken/dead CPS2 All-in-One SFZ3 the other day. The battery was still good, so my initial thoughts were that it was possibly broken, rather suicided.
The first thing to try though, was using the CPS3 SuperBIOS to write the decrypted roms onto the simm.

Before:
XAfdd67.png

During:
9XUBpkr.png

After:
vrHpkqX.png

Final result, a lovely SFZ3 board brought back to life :D

Great to see!

Darksoft and I made a video about how to do this a few years ago when the SuperBIOS was first released by him. Some on other forums have taken my video and made tutorials and their own videos but never gave any credit. You can see who the original is by looking at the upload dates. ;)

I'll be attempting this on an sf2ha all in one once I receive my Darksoft cps3 cart.

Result - sort-of.

Downloaded Avalaunch's HSF2A (Asia) set, unzipped the roms, renamed hs2adi.03 & hs2adi.04 to hs2.03 & hs2.04, ran cps2black -sp hs2, burnt the .bin file to a CD and stuck the simm into slot-7 on my CPS3.

Powered on - Pressed P1-Start to get the Darksoft menu, wrote the bin file to Simm7, swapped it back into the all-in-1 and it works for the first time in three years!

Pity I don't have the correct region roms (as I really want Japanese ones as it's a Japanese PCB).

Took less than 20 minutes (including watching the video while downloading the files I needed).

Great to hear you got yours working too. Shame it's not the Japanese version. Has that not been released?!

Unfortunately not - but by editing a couple of bytes in the Asia set it displays "Japan" on the splash screen.

The only issue is the real set has an earlier release number and is supposed to be slightly harder.

did this on a sfz3 board a few years back as soon as it was released. Generated some controversy because it had gfx issues and I converted it to a hyper anniversary to verify that it was a board issue, not a rom issue.

still has issues, had it for years. Debating selling it for parts.

Hi all,
Does anyone have the link to download the black cps2 tool?
Also can I use the Rom file in my cps2 multi to make a bin file and revive my hyper SF2 black cps2.
Thanks heaps

I try that but I have an error:

Code:
cps2black -sp pga
-= Black CPS-2 Phoenix tool =-
        2012-2013 Artemio Urbina
        Based on DarkSoft and Razoola's work
        Version 1.01

* Loading CPS2 roms.
CPS-2 rom file 'pga.03' could not be read

Back