What's new

oneleaf86

Grand Master
Reaction score
SYSTEM 16B C2 & IREM M72 MULTI GAME SELECTORS

• Uses standard Ethernet to connect remote and adapter
  • 16 position rotary.
  • Reset button.
  • 16B uses a SPST latching push button to change between two sets of 16 games.

To connect the reset line, only one wire is needed to be soldered for S16B and two wires for M72/C2.

-M72 reset instructions
-C2 reset instructions

So you want to build your own? OK no problem! Here's what you'll need :)

-RJ45 Jack (PCB is deigned to work with this specific jack)
-2x4 Pin female Pin Header (M72/C2 only)
-JST XH 2.54 2 Pin right angle kit (M72 only)
-JST XH 2.54 2 Pin straight kit
-Alps SKHCBFA010 Tactile Switch
-Hartmann PT65503 Rotary Dip
-2x5 Pin right angle Pin Header (16B only)
-Flashlight Tactile Switch (16B only)
-Right angle Header Pins (16B only)
-Dupont Jumper Cable for reset line (16B only)
-Adhesive PCB mounts
-2 Conductor Cable for reset line

Reset Cable for M72 should be around 34CM/13.4" and C2 should be 14CM/5.5"

Everything linked is from Aliexpress except for the Rotary Switch and 2x4 Pin headers which are from Tayda. Stay away from the Aliexpress 2x4 Pin Headers as I've found the metal used in them to be hard to solder to, the Tayda headers are of very high quality.

Also check Tayda's Facebook page for a 15% off code as they do them all the time.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions or queries.

Attachments

• 16B REMOTE_2020-02-08.zip
    219 KB · Views: 478
  • 16BDIP_2020-02-08.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Love your work mate! You already know I'm down for this one too!

Thanks guys :) . I've ordered all the necessary parts but it may be a while before I have everything I need to test it out.

Will make a proper [FS] thread once everything is ready to go.

I reckon I have the same switches, was going to try them out in one of my projects.

What other parts do you need?

I have a giant bag of really nice Alps switches (same as OSSC) so I went with them for the reset switch. Have some more rotary switches and the latching switches on the way.

Will order the PCBs now but due to Chinese New Year I won't have them for around 3 weeks.

Wonderful project.
I will need one or two for sure….

Considering I've bought my ticket to the 16B train, toss me in your wait list.
This is fantastic!

I just don't think it's a good idea to have people posting in this thread, their interest as if they're "getting in-line" for a wait list. When the official wait list happens, there can be confusion on the order of the wait list if it's split between multiple threads. I can see people saying things like "well I expressed my interest on xx/xx/xx date, in that other thread...". It can get a bit unmanageable.

Comment away, showing your support is great! Don't stop doing that. Just don't treat this thread as the official wait list is all.

To answer the question, there are icons in the top right of the page like this

r7RoK1r_d.jpg

Click the one on the left. That’s where you can manage subscription and notification settings. If the leftmost icon is solid, you’re already subscribing.

Awesome, thank you! This forum is impressive from a technical standpoint. By far the best forum software I've seen.

Back