What's new
A small update,

The C2 boards came in a couple of days ago. I wasn't happy with how small the text was for the game names as I had to squint to see it :').

I've changed to a bolder font, increased the font size and reordered with DHL shipping. Should have boards ready in a week or so.

-Isy

Received revised boards from JLC a few days ago and was severely disappointed at the quality.

The boards were obviously outsourced to a different fab because even though both boards shown are matte, it's easy to see that solder mask used is completely different.

To top it off, the silkscreen on the new board is just horrible with all the text looking blurry and smudged. I've contacted JLC and they don't really seem to give two shits so I may have to go elsewhere.

Sorry for the epic delay getting these ready for sale but it's not without lack of trying.

-Isy

Attachments

• 20190704_230219.jpg
    20190704_230219.jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 280
Damn, that really sucks... I'm sure people here won't mind waiting.

Did they at least give you your money back or will they accept a return because the quality isn't good?

Woow ! The C2 selectors looking awesome . Good to know what to do further :whistling: if i'll catch a C2 donor for this multi :saint:

I've contacted JLC and they don't really seem to give two shits so I may have to go elsewhere.
I've always been super happy with PCBWay. They have always treated me well and extremely rare I've had any boards that dont meet my standards.
I've used them on a few occasions and I've always been satisfied as well. I just didn't think the price premium was worth it over JLC but that may not be the case anymore!

PCBway have generally been good to me but I've had the exact same issues with them that you've had with JLC. Really shocking silkscreen, much worse than what you show, as in smudged and with parts of the silkscreen missing. They also outsource smaller PCBs to external fabricators, I can always tell whether my PCBs were produced by PCBway or someone else. My main gripe is their padded out shipping costs and significant PayPal payment fees, I've been stung $20 just in fees with larger more expensive orders. I've ordered many thousands of dollars worth of PCBs through PCBway, in my experience their quality has been hit and miss in the long-term.

JLC have been good to me thus far but I've not ordered terribly much through them. Guess bad things can happen with any PCB fabricator. :(

The funny thing is that JLC claim the reason for the shitty silkscreen is due to the line count that the silkscreen is made of in Eagle. Notice the RESET text on both PCBs and how much sharper it is on one compared to the other. Guess what? It's the same silkscreen. It would be nice if they just admitted they're at fault and stop being so petty.

Attachments

• 20190708_123225.jpg
    20190708_123225.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 218
Still patiently in for a set of all 3 selectors, once you have them in, and ready. Just hit me up!

Back