What's new

Niko

Champion
Reaction score

The official, Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame project thread.

This multigame is for use on a original TypeX2 system with the 979 / 7900 series graphics card.

PLEASE NOTE:

To keep things clean going forward, I have decided to redo the layout of the game folders for the multi. Your games must follow this structure or they will not boot.

1.) All games are to be placed in separate folders on the 3rd partition of the drive, labeled TTX2Multi[Games].
2.) Inside each game folder, at the very least there needs to be a subfolder named "Game". Inside of this "Game" sub folder is where the actual game files will go.

Lets assume when connected to your PC, the 3rd partition of the multidrive ( the games partition labeled TTX2Multi[Games] ) is mapped to "F:\". Lets also assume we are adding a fictional game named "Pacman".

F:\Pacman\ <- This is where you could place a JPG/PNG file to be used as a game image in the multi.
F:\Pacman\Game\ <- This is where you place the game files.
F:\Pacman\TypeXmulti\ <- (Optional) This is where you would place a "config.ini" file which can be used to set certain options for a game. ( More on this below. )
F:\Pacman\TypeXmulti\txac\ <- (Optional) This is where you would place a TXAC key file if the game needed it.
F:\Pacman\TypeXmulti\txce\ <- (Optional) This is where you would place TXCE decryption files if the game needed them.

TL;DR: Someone created a torrent file with the latest version of the multi and all the games already setup for you. Including the new clean dump of BlazBlue CS2! PM me for details.

FAQ:

What is a TXAC key?:
A TXAC key, is a decryption key used by some games to decrypt game files while the game is running. Some games like King of Fighters XIII Climax require a TXAC key to run.

What are TXCE decryption files?:
TXCE decryption files is a set of three files ( txce.dll, rcode.bin, rparam.bin ) needed to properly decrypt games that are encrypted using the TXCE protection. Such as BlazBlue CS2.

What is this "config.ini" file?:
In short a "config.ini" file is used to define some options for a game. For example, some games only support JVS I/O boards and if you happen to be using the multi with a FastIO board, you can add a line into a "config.ini" file that sets "gametype=jvs".
Doing this tells the multi what kind of I/O board the game expects so it can startup the FastIO to JVS emulator with the game. There are other options which can be set via the config.ini, but none of importance at the moment.

What about the Nesica games?:
Support for Nesica games will not be added until after Taito retires the NesicaXLive service in Japan.

How do I use the autoboot feature?:
The autoboot feature does two things when set. It sets a default game that is launched when the menu has been idle for a certain amount of time, and also sets a game that is started as soon as the X2 is powered on, bypassing the multi menu completely. If you wish to boot back into the multi menu, you can hold P1 Start on bootup.

How do I use the multi?:
1.) Download the release image below.
2.) Unrar the disk image and write it to your HDD/SDD using something capable of handeling raw disk images. Such as "dd" that you find in Linux.
3.) Place all your games into seperate folders on third partition ( labeled "TTXMulti[Games]" ) following the folder layout mentioned above.
5.) Once you have your games added to the multi, unmount the drive, connect it to your TypeX2 and enjoy :).

How do I add game images to the menu?:
1.) Find or create a PNG or JPG image you want displayed in the picture box for a specific game on the multi.
2.) Put the image in the root of the respective games folder.

How do I play games from a thumbdrive?
1.) Make sure your USB drive is formated with the NTFS or FAT32 filesystem.
2.) Copy the game contents to the root of the thumbdrive. DO NOT PLACE GAME INTO A FOLDER.
3.) Connect the USB drive to the TypeX2 and press the "E" Button aka "Medium Kick".

I found a problem, somethings not working, or I need help:
Please post issues, problems, or help topics in this thread so if other users have the same problem they can find the answer.

Download:

v2.0: Mega Link

Changelog:

v2.0:
Complete overhaul of frontend.
Re-added settings menu
Support for game videos ( Feature can be turned on and off in the settings menu )
Support for themes ( Selectable in settings menu )
Added support for patching games in memory. ( Feature can be turned on and off in the settings menu )
Added a "GameExit" combo ( HP + LK + P1 Start ) ( Feature can be turned on and off in the settings menu )
Amount of installed RAM is now displayed in settings menu
Various bug fixes

v1.4:
Added support for TXCE protected games.
FastIO support ( menu and JVS games )
Game folder restructure
Rewrite of JVS controls
Support for JPG or PNG game images of any size and name.
720p/480p menu resolution set via DIP2 on X2.
New autoboot on startup feature.
Tons of code cleanup and reorganization.
Removed settings menu ( Not really needed anymore. )

v1.3:
Added support for King of Fighters XIII Climax
Added support for Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 v1.3
Some other 'stuff' thats not important at this point in time.

v1.2:
Fixed periods (.) in game folder names.
Round robin menu!
USB game boot option.
Drop to a Command Prompt option.
Added support for future game release dependencies.
Other random menu improvements...

v1.0:
Fixed non working JVS controls when using slower non SDD drives.
Fixed I/O Error(s) when starting games
Fixed non working JVS controls after returning to menu from some games.
Rewrote the entire JVS "driver". Its seriously like 10x faster.
Multi starts up in 1/3rd of the time. ( From the time windows starts, not from power on. Approx 2.25 seconds faster )
Autoboot Feature: Allows you to set a game for "autoboot" and after a specified period of inactivity the selected autoboot game will boot up. This is useful for users of CRT monitors to prevent burn in. Autoboot timer interval can be choosen from a "new" settings menu. Intervals are 1,3, or 5 minutes. Chosen autoboot game and timer interval are saved even after reboots. So set it once and forget it.
Monitor layout can be chosen from the new settings menu. Currently only two monitor layout options are available "LCD" or "CRT". LCD is the normal layout for LCD monitors. "CRT" is a slightly smaller layout to account for overscan.

RC2:
New GUI changes/improvements
New partition sizes
New third partition dedicated to games.

RC1:
Initial Release Candidate 1

Known Issues:

BlazBlue CS2: If you're using a JVS I/O and your X2 has an iDmac PCI-E card. The game will only boot in 4:3 mode. There are three options to work around this issue. - FIXED!

1.) Remove the iDmac from your X2.
2.) Rename the iDmacDrv32.sys file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ to something else
3.) Use a Fast I/O

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: Using a Fast I/O causes the game to behave strangely. This is likely a side affect of the X2 hardware not being powerful enough to run the game and the JVS emulator at the same time. As this issue can only be reproduced on an X2. - FIXED!

Last edited:
Fine for me :) And if you make a Multi with driving games, you'll make my day.

Fine for me
I only sold one in the last three months so it won't really hurt much anyways. A better menu that allows for more games would be great as well. I can't fit all of the games I have on one of the current drives because the menu only allows a set number to be selected from.

Niko, you think you can get Dariusburst AC to work on your setup?
Yes, but its not up to me to publicly release that game. If the original dumper decides to release it, and you have the proper setup or its been patched to work with JVS and a single monitor then it will work.

Its only a matter of time, I can promise you there will be alot of TypeX2 releases in the near future.
Awesome, cause I have a bunch of Samsung and Intel SSD on hand, perks of my job. I currently run 4x 1TB 850 Pros in Raid10 on my main pc, on my gaming pc I run 4x 256GB 850 Pros in Raid0. A bit of overkill but I just love the speed.

Just a quick video showing JVS working.

Can you please elaborate a llittle bit on what you did here?

I guess that what we see is a program running on a PC using a JVS PCI Card from TX2, right? You managed to write a program that redirect all the inputs from your USB Joystick into JVS commands?

Am I right?

Just a quick video showing JVS working.

Can you please elaborate a llittle bit on what you did here?
I guess that what we see is a program running on a PC using a JVS PCI Card from TX2, right? You managed to write a program that redirect all the inputs from your USB Joystick into JVS commands?

Am I right?
Nope, that is a USB decoder wired to JVS I/O connected to a real TypeX2. I wrote a program that listens and responds to JVS over the COM2 serial port.

Here is a picture of the I/O setup. I'm using Undamned's USB decoder and a regular Sega I/O. I'm actually going to be rewiring this for dual I/O so I dont have to keep switching between JVS/FastIO.

vJyhG7k.jpg

eKAbt70.jpg

Here's the guts of the X2. From right to the left you see a 7950GT 512MB, Taito DMAC, PCI Molex adapter ( for providing external power to the I/O boards ), and the Taito JVS board.

4eDodRi.jpg

mVZj3nw.jpg

While your at it can you do a MAME image you can upgrade yourself or one like "Coinops" on Xbox so you can use the X2's jvs interface so you have a plug-n-play jvs solution for emulators in Naomi or veiwlix cabs?

While your at it can you do a MAME image you can upgrade yourself or one like "Coinops" on Xbox so you can use the X2's jvs interface so you have a plug-n-play jvs solution for emulators in Naomi or veiwlix cabs?
I could allow for JVS to keyboard bindings then you could use whatever version of MAME/emulator you wanted. You'd probably need to make a config file on a PC or connect a keyboard to the X2 for initial setup though.

Cool idea. I wish we could get the NesicaXLive frontend but that seems a bit unrealistic. :D

I messed around with making a TypeX theme with Mala but abandonned it because I wasn't satisfied with the end result.

2rqeko3.jpg

The only suggestion I would have would be to be able to change games without having to reboot.

Back