What's new
Nope. Same hardware as you. Check the cable from the io board to the com port? Only dip2 on and everything else off.

Anyone having issues with the menu not showing when switching the X2 dip switch2 to 720p? I just get a blank screen. It works when I switch it back to 480p. Hardware is original Vewlix with original Taito X2.
I was having that issue. Are you using a DVI-D cable directly into the vewlix? I had to switch to a DVI->VGA adapter and a vga cable, at which point it worked fine. It was also working if I booted it with a DVI->HDMI cable into a 1080p monitor I had nearby, at which point I could unplug that and plug back in my DVI-D->Vewlix cable. But that's cumbersome :)

@Niko got a patch to me that's working too, which I assume he'll publish at some point.

Curious if anyone else is having trouble getting Blazblue CS2 to run at 720p while using a JVS io, on the new 2.0 build. I can get it working with a fast io, but I keep getting 480p when I use jvs. If anyone has a jvs only setup, and/or running jvs but have an idmac card installed too, please let me know.

I run an x2 with an idmac card, and my normal approach of renaming the idmac sys file didn’t seem to work this time around. It also didn’t seem to matter if I removed the idmac card though!! Maybe I forgot a step. Just looking for confirmation before I go swapping ios and imaging the drive yet again.
I haven't yet gotten around to trying the new v2.0 yet, but I've got the same issues on my v1.4 Multi. I have tried it with different model TTX2s, with and without the idmac, but never did get it to run in 720P while using JVS. I had messaged Niko about this issue about a year ago, but I never heard back from him.

Anyone having issues with the menu not showing when switching the X2 dip switch2 to 720p? I just get a blank screen. It works when I switch it back to 480p. Hardware is original Vewlix with original Taito X2.
I was having that issue. Are you using a DVI-D cable directly into the vewlix? I had to switch to a DVI->VGA adapter and a vga cable, at which point it worked fine. It was also working if I booted it with a DVI->HDMI cable into a 1080p monitor I had nearby, at which point I could unplug that and plug back in my DVI-D->Vewlix cable. But that's cumbersome :)
@Niko got a patch to me that's working too, which I assume he'll publish at some point.
I am indeed using the DVI cable.

I found a workaround:

1. Enable GameExit
2. Enable Autoboot into a game (I picked SFIV)

This loads the game correctly in 720p. At that point, I press the GameExit button combo: Low Kick + High Punch + Player1_Start

Voila, Niko's Multiloader loads in 720p!

Does anyone has problem running a Death Smiles 2?
I had no problem running with last version but with 2.0 it just makes me back to original menu.
Do I have to change something to run this game?
Update the folder structure and move all the files into a Game subfolder
Deathsmiles II\Game\'all files'
Then add an image and video file into the DeathsmilesII folder if required
Example

Does anyone has problem running a Death Smiles 2?
I had no problem running with last version but with 2.0 it just makes me back to original menu.
Do I have to change something to run this game?
Update the folder structure and move all the files into a Game subfolderDeathsmiles II\Game\'all files'
Then add an image and video file into the DeathsmilesII folder if required
Example
Original structure that was with v.1.4 was same as you explained.
Deathsmiles II\Game\all files

Is this any different with what you explained?
Am I missing something?

No, that sounds ok and it should work.
Sounds like it might be corrupted file(s) causing your issue.

Yes, works fine on my setup. I was chatting with another member a couple of weeks back as they had it running, but it was glitching heavily.

I believe they added more ram (was running on 512 to start with) and all worked nicely for them too.

I've dropped s4s a PM that will hopefully help them get it running

The eX-Board games and Deathsmiles 2 all work on ver2.0, just turn off the game exit option on the Multi Menu and your good to go like on ver1.4 ;)

The eX-Board games and Deathsmiles 2 all work on ver2.0, just turn off the game exit option on the Multi Menu and your good to go like on ver1.4 ;)
oh man, I think I’d rather run a second hard drive with 1.4 on it. Game exit is so nice.

All,
I'm releasing an update pack that fixes a few bugs in v2.0 including the two long outstanding bugs regarding Super StreetFighter IV, and BlazBlue CS2.

Here is what this fixes:
  • Menu booting to black screen
  • Random reboots after exiting games when an RFID reader is connected
  • BlazBlue CS2 only booting 480p when using a JVS I/O and an iDmac is installed
  • Super StreetFighter IV issues when using Fast I/O
  • Screen turning off after leaving some games in attract mode for 20+ minutes

Here is how to install the updated files:
  1. Download the update pack from here: TTX2Multi v2.0 Update Pack
  2. Copy the "TypeXmulti" and "WINDOWS" folders to the root of "TTX2Multi[C]", overwriting any existing files.
  3. If your using a Windows computer you may have to "Unblock" the three executable included in this update pack after you've copied them to the multi drive. ( "ttxrun.exe", "ttxshell.exe" inside "C:\TypeXmulti\assets\" and "ttxmenu.exe" inside "C:\TypeXmulti\menu\" ). To "Unblock" an executable, just right click the file and select "Properties". In the "General" tab click the "Unblock" button. If you do not see an "Unblock" button, you shouldnt have to worry about this.
  4. Safely eject the multi drive from your PC and your done.
To fix the issue with Super StreetFighter IV, first install the update files mentioned above. Next add "pollrate=10" to the "config.ini" file found inside "Super StreetFighter IV Arcade Edition 2012\TypeXmulti\" on the "TTX2Multi[Games]" partition.

When your done the "config.ini" file should look like this.

Code:
gametype=jvs
pollrate=10

if anyone has any issues, please post it up here and I'll help you.

Last edited:
I'm getting this error when trying to copy the folder into C:\. I'm running on a Mac via Parallels to Windows 10 with the drive connected via USB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.38.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.38.58 PM.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 197
I'm getting this error when trying to copy the folder into C:\. I'm running on a Mac via Parallels to Windows 10 with the drive connected via USB.
Got it to work. Had to go in and mess with administrator permissions of the files in the config folder first before Windows would let me overwrite. Thanks @Niko!

The 480p fix doesn't work for me. It actually made it worse, since it's now stuck in 480p on my Fast I/O machine as well.

Also, turning dip #2 off on my Fast I/O machine seems to break the Multi. I'm just getting a black screen now, regardless of the dip's position.
I've already tried to remove the TypeXmulti folder from the D partition, but that didn't work either.

The 480p fix doesn't work for me. It actually made it worse, since it's now stuck in 480p on my Fast I/O machine as well.

Also, turning dip #2 off on my Fast I/O machine seems to break the Multi. I'm just getting a black screen now, regardless of the dip's position.
I've already tried to remove the TypeXmulti folder from the D partition, but that didn't work either.
The menu is stuck in 480p or just the games? or Both?

What kind of monitor is connected, and how is it connected?

Boot the multi on your FastI/O machine with dip #2 in the on position. Once the multi loads, turn off the X2 and connect the drive up to your PC. Inside the TypeXmulti folder on the D partition is a file named "info". Can you open that file and show me the contents?

No, it's only BBCSII that is now stuck in 480p. The menu is displayed in 768p as it should be.

It's the stock monitor that came with my Vewlix FC. I'm running a VGA cable from the monitor into one of those DVI->VGA adapters, which is plugged into my TTX2.

The TypeXmulti folder is empty, which makes sense since the hangup seems to occur right before the menu screen comes up. A split second before it cuts to the black screen, I believe I'm seeing what looks like the normal blue windows background, not sure if that helps at all.

No, it's only BBCSII that is now stuck in 480p. The menu is displayed in 768p as it should be.

It's the stock monitor that came with my Vewlix FC. I'm running a VGA cable from the monitor into one of those DVI->VGA adapters, which is plugged into my TTX2.

The TypeXmulti folder is empty, which makes sense since the hangup seems to occur right before the menu screen comes up. A split second before it cuts to the black screen, I believe I'm seeing what looks like the normal blue windows background, not sure if that helps at all.
The ttxshell creates the info file in the TypeXmulti folder on the D partition before the menu loads. The menu reads this file to determine what resolution the menu needs to be set in, and also which I/O board it needs to poll for inputs. So the TypeXmulti folder should not be empty.

You also should not be seeing a blue windows background as the background in my multi is set to black.

If the menu is not loading, how are you launching BBCS2?

I would try to reimage your drive, because it sounds like something is definitely broken. I can send you a new image with the fixes already in place if you'd like.

Back