What's new
I just want it cloned for preservation, but agree fully that it should be changed to an SSD.

Please clone the disk :)
I had read people want the original to be cloned, likely for multiple revisions, so I'll be happy to do so when I begin this project.

1.) You will want to upgrade the CPU to a P4 (SL9KE). RAM to atleast 1 GB, and most importantly the GPU (7900GS).

2.) Depends on the I/O. Most likely you will need to get a replacement. I'd grab a Sega Rev. B off YAJ.

3.) No need to overwrite original HDD, I'd recommend using a nice new SSD.
Thanks! For sure, I was going to use a different HDD, not overwrite the original. I'll look for the ram and GPU immediately.

Here's a link to what I/O I have: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Universal_Jvs_I/O_(K91X1109A)

So aside from this revision board having issues with KOF XIII, what issues would I see with the Celeron CPU? Several compatibility issues?

Reactions: rtw
I had read people want the original to be cloned, likely for multiple revisions, so I'll be happy to do so when I begin this project.
1.) You will want to upgrade the CPU to a P4 (SL9KE). RAM to atleast 1 GB, and most importantly the GPU (7900GS).

2.) Depends on the I/O. Most likely you will need to get a replacement. I'd grab a Sega Rev. B off YAJ.

Thanks! For sure, I was going to use a different HDD, not overwrite the original. I'll look for the ram and GPU immediately.
Here's a link to what I/O I have: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Universal_Jvs_I/O_(K91X1109A)

So aside from this revision board having issues with KOF XIII, what issues would I see with the Celeron CPU? Several compatibility issues?
You'll definitely want to get a new I/O board. That one wont work.

The KOFXIII issue with pre 208A motherboards is still no more than a rumor, but even if it is true it likely only affects original drives and doesnt have anything to do with the game's performance while running. Though I could be wrong.

The main thing for compatibility is going to be the GPU, with the Celeron CPU you might have some performance issues in game.

Thanks! For sure, I was going to use a different HDD, not overwrite the original. I'll look for the ram and GPU immediately.Here's a link to what I/O I have: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Universal_Jvs_I/O_(K91X1109A)

You'll definitely want to get a new I/O board. That one wont work.
The KOFXIII issue with pre 208A motherboards is still no more than a rumor, but even if it is true it likely only affects original drives and doesnt have anything to do with the game's performance while running. Though I could be wrong.

The main thing for compatibility is going to be the GPU, with the Celeron CPU you might have some performance issues in game.
I reproduced the issue back in the day with an original (encrypted) drive (v1.1) and a 207A model board. I don't think I tried it with a decrypted drive, and I no longer have a 207A board, so I wouldn't be able to do it now to confirm it for you. But it was definitely a thing. I think a multi/decrypted drive should work fine, since I think the issue is specifically with the dongle not being recognized.

Thanks! For sure, I was going to use a different HDD, not overwrite the original. I'll look for the ram and GPU immediately.Here's a link to what I/O I have: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Universal_Jvs_I/O_(K91X1109A)
You'll definitely want to get a new I/O board. That one wont work.The KOFXIII issue with pre 208A motherboards is still no more than a rumor, but even if it is true it likely only affects original drives and doesnt have anything to do with the game's performance while running. Though I could be wrong.

I reproduced the issue back in the day with an original (encrypted) drive (v1.1) and a 207A model board. I don't think I tried it with a decrypted drive, and I no longer have a 207A board, so I wouldn't be able to do it now to confirm it for you. But it was definitely a thing. I think a multi/decrypted drive should work fine, since I think the issue is specifically with the dongle not being recognized.
Thanks for clearifying!

I am accurate in believing a new HDD with the multi will allow me to boot without the same BIOS password issues I'm having with my original Chase HQ2 HDD, correct?

Hello, I'm new here :). I installed the Taito TypeX2 Freeware 2.0 system, and it works perfectly with JVS I / O. But when I turned on Fast I / O it detects and the frontend works fine, but in the game an error appears on JVS I / O. Do you know how I can solve this? Thank you

Hello, I'm new here :). I installed the Taito TypeX2 Freeware 2.0 system, and it works perfectly with JVS I / O. But when I turned on Fast I / O it detects and the frontend works fine, but in the game an error appears on JVS I / O. Do you know how I can solve this? Thank you
You would need to create a "config.ini" file for the game and specify

Code:
gametype=jvs
That way the multi knows to start the JVS emulator.

I am accurate in believing a new HDD with the multi will allow me to boot without the same BIOS password issues I'm having with my original Chase HQ2 HDD, correct?
I'm not sure why you're being prompted for a BIOS password on boot. But likely not caused by the drive.

I'm not sure why you're being prompted for a BIOS password on boot. But likely not caused by the drive.
Do you foresee it as an issue to run the multi in that case? I'll likely give it a shot with the TGM3 image posted later this week.

Do you foresee it as an issue to run the multi in that case? I'll likely give it a shot with the TGM3 image posted later this week.
It just depends whats generating that prompt. If the drive is ATA locked or something and thats why its prompting for a password than you shouldnt have any problems booting a multi or home made image.

Code:
gametype=jvs
I should put the config.ini file in which folder?

Code:
gametype=jvs
I should put the config.ini file in which folder?
copy/paste from post #1 :)

F:\Pacman\ <- This is where you could place a JPG/PNG file to be used as a game image in the multi.
F:\Pacman\Game\ <- This is where you place the game files.
F:\Pacman\TypeXmulti\ <- (Optional) This is where you would place a "config.ini" file which can be used to set certain options for a game.

Not sure when this started but my multi is set to auto boot and my controls work fine in that game but if I try and exit to the menu the controls don’t work in the menu? This used to work so I’m not sure what changed. Any ideas?

Not sure when this started but my multi is set to auto boot and my controls work fine in that game but if I try and exit to the menu the controls don’t work in the menu? This used to work so I’m not sure what changed. Any ideas?
How are you exiting to the menu? Using the button combo? If you skip autoboot, do the controls work in the menu?

Back