What's new
As I was reading more about the Phoenix BIOS, there were posts about moving the jumpers or pulling the battery to reset the password. The former seemed fine, but removing the battery did not as there isn’t a dongle with this game. I was apprehensive to do that option. Still, I thank Niko for his advice to pull the jumper. I feel really delicate with this to make sure it’s not made into a paperweight.
Nice progress, do you have a picture of the jumper you changed ?

edit: what region is that Chase Hq 2 ?

Nice progress, do you have a picture of the jumper you changed ?
edit: what region is that Chase Hq 2 ?
https://imgur.com/gallery/lVXqbHQ

Region is US, posted in the link, too :)

The jumpers were the set of three next to the battery, with it originally set on the furthest two. I moved the jumper to the opposite end, covering the last two, and powering on. Then I removed the jumper altogether for the next power up.

Long time without visiting Arcade Projects. I am glad to see your nicks again :)

I am really impress by the last version of The Multi <3 I have been playing with it all the day and it works flawless!

- "support for patching games in memory" is there any place where I can get more info about this?

- Deathsmlies 2 seems to be supported, but to the best of my knowledge that game does not support Taito JVS. So, do I have to modify the config file to make it work?

- is there any way to use a custom exe name instead of game.exe?

- Deathsmlies 2 seems to be supported, but to the best of my knowledge that game does not support Taito JVS. So, do I have to modify the config file to make it work?
Deathsmiles 2 all work on ver2.0, just turn off the game exit option on the Multi Menu and your good to go like on ver1.4 ;)

Deathsmiles 2 all work on ver2.0, just turn off the game exit option on the Multi Menu and your good to go like on ver1.4 ;)
Thanks for your reply :)

I give it a go with game exit option set to no. Unfortunately it did not work. the game starts, but the controls are not recognised.

I am using the game as is, with the only modification of changing cvgame.exe to game.exe. Do you use any modified version?

Thanks for your reply :)
I give it a go with game exit option set to no. Unfortunately it did not work. the game starts, but the controls are not recognised.

I am using the game as is, with the only modification of changing cvgame.exe to game.exe. Do you use any modified version?
Just one of the versions that was floating around on the internet a few years back. Never had to do any modifications to the game.exe.

Make sure you have the folder structure setup correctly with the config.ini file set to JVS and in the TypeXmulti folder.

Thanks for your reply!

I must miss something, folder structure is ok, and even with config.ini file set to JVS the controls are not working. I am trying two versions of the game, one with the original game.exe (renamed from cvgame.exe) and another which is modified to support keyboard. My VLX has a regular I/O (not a fast I/O).

To be honest, I do not plan to really play DS2 on the TX2, but I was curious about how well it would run with different graphics card and IO.

What would really be the icing on the cake of this multi, it is the ability to launch other exe (to use unlockers of the games). Maybe patching games in memory is similar to game unlockers, but I fail to find info about it.

I just got this working in my cabinet and loved it! I just wondered a couple of things, since I couldn’t actually add credits to play until I have the right coins.

• Is there a manual for features somewhere?
  • Is there a way to enable free play or enter a game’s service menu?
  • What is the game exit button combo?
  • I know you can send Alt-F4 through the ps/2 port to reach game select. Is it possible to also do that through a USB port with something like an iPac?

What is the game exit button combo?
copy/paste from the first post in this thread :)
Added a "GameExit" combo ( HP + LK + P1 Start ) ( Feature can be turned on and off in the settings menu )
Thanks! I looked there, but I guess I still somehow missed it.

Is there any way to get into a game’s service menu or put it into free play?

And is it possible to send Alt-F4 through a USB port?

Press the “Service button” on your cab, works for all games on my X2 multi.

I do not have DS2 on mine, does it not run too fast.

Yup, just the service button like any other arcade pcb.

no idea on your USB question though, plug in a keyboard and try it, it is just a Windows PC after all ;)

Press the “Service button” on your cab, works for all games on my X2 multi.

I do not have DS2 on mine, does it not run too fast.
Yup, just the service button like any other arcade pcb.

no idea on your USB question though, plug in a keyboard and try it, it is just a Windows PC after all ;)
Oddly, the service button doesn’t seem to do anything for me. Neither does the service button. I’ve tried pressing them in game and while the game loads.

The coin mech also does not seem to be powered so I wonder if it’s turned off or I’m missing some wiring or something.

My JVS I/O only has the main black connector, the USB that goes to the I/O card, and P1 connected.

I couldn’t find anything in the cabinet to plug into P2 or Z.

The TTX2 only has the video cable and the I/O cable connected. Am I missing anything obvious?

Last edited:
Long time without visiting Arcade Projects. I am glad to see your nicks again :)

I am really impress by the last version of The Multi <3 I have been playing with it all the day and it works flawless!

- "support for patching games in memory" is there any place where I can get more info about this?

- is there any way to use a custom exe name instead of game.exe?
Sorry for the late replay.

I never got around to writing information on the memory patching feature. The multi reads a "patch.ini" from the games respective "TypeXmulti" folder. Inside the file empty lines or lines starting with a "#" are ignored. A valid line contains an offset and a "new byte" separated by a semicolon.

So for example.

Code:
#Unlock Colors
1AF808;18
1AF8D2;18
1AF8FD;75
Line 1 is ignored.
Line 2 tells the multi to goto offset 0x1AF808 and write byte 0x18
Line 3 tells the multi to goto offset 0x1AF8D2 and write byte 0x18
Line 4 tells the multi to goto offset 0x1AF8FD and write byte 0x75

Since the multi has to find the offset in memory ( Offset + ImageBase + (BaseOfCode - SizeOfHeaders) ), only patching within the code segment ( .text segment ) is supported. Technically you can patch outside of this area but you would have to adjust your offset accordingly so the multi lands at the correct place in memory.

Unfortunately I do not support DeathSmiles 2 since its not a TypeX/X2 games, and runs with issues on the X2.

Currently, the multi is only capable of launching "game.exe".

revisiting an old issue...

"the coin error on KOFXIII, you can put a resistor on your I/O board to "fake" the presence of the coin meter."

anyone know the correct connectors and pins for a najv2 i/o board in a namco noir to solve this coin error issue?

Thanks.

I don’t think there is a fix for the Namco Io, I ended up removing my Namco IO and replacing with a Sega one and doing the resistor mod.

The schematic for a Noir from the Tekken 6 manual is here:

Type X2 mobo dead

On the 40-pin J20 connector (CN3?) CCOUNT1 is on pin 1, LOCK1 is on pin 3 and COIN1 is on pin 5.

By my logic CCOUNT2 should be on pin 2?

didnt work when i tried that before my origional post. I got +5 from the other connector at pin 14 confirmed the +5 and ran that with the resistor to pin 2 of the 40 pin connector. yet still got the coin error message. you and i both made the same leap of faith. i was hoping for a solid conformation of an answer from one with a noir that had it working and i am hoping i didnt make a mistake or something like that. I am glad to see we had the same idea though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
when I first got my Noir I searched the internet for info but I didn’t find anyone that had manged to get the X2 running as you want to do.

that’s why I swapped out for a Sega IO, the Noir works great now.

To get the Namco IO to boot KOf on the X2and Noir I plugged in the Sega IO to mimic a second cab, that’s when I realised I may as well just swap out the IO.

Back