What's new
it is probably in here somewhere but is there no version of ultra street fighter 4 where 2 players can play on the same cab? Or it is an option? I’m pretty sure it isn’t an option on all the versions. I’ll try later if I get version 2 of the multi running.
There is no USF4 with local 2P. You have to either play linked, or over the network (Nesica).

pretty sure Ultra vs on the same cab is on my Multi X2.
Yeah, same here.
I’m not seeing the option on any of the versions on the drive image file for v2. Can anyone confirm and tell me where that setting is if it is there? I need 2p sf4 on my cab for sure. Looked at my old drive and I have some “patched” versions. Is there a “patched” ultra sf4?

Last edited:
Yeah, same here.
I’m not seeing the option on any of the versions on the drive image file for v2. Can anyone confirm and tell me where that setting is if it is there? I need 2p sf4 on my cab for sure. Looked at my old drive and I have some “patched” versions. Is there a “patched” ultra sf4?
It should be in the service menu once you are in the game.

Yeah, same here.
Yeah I looked for all the regular versions and did not see the option. I’m going to check the patched ones again after I copy them to my new drive. if you or anyone could tell me where that option is for ultra I would appreciate it.

Edit: I think dual mode is only available for the nesica version of ultra. Somehow I borked my new drive copying stuff so I’m going to start from scratch reimaging my new ssd with version 2. Any tips for copying games over once I have the drive setup from the image? I don’t know what I did last time, but it resulted in a blue screen before getting into the game select screen.

yay my new drive worked this time. The option is there on ultra. Test mode, game options, PCs select, vs match.

Now my next question. Any way to get rid of the nesica messages?

Last edited:
Yeah, same here.
Yeah I looked for all the regular versions and did not see the option. I’m going to check the patched ones again after I copy them to my new drive. if you or anyone could tell me where that option is for ultra I would appreciate it.
Edit: I think dual mode is only available for the nesica version of ultra. Somehow I borked my new drive copying stuff so I’m going to start from scratch reimaging my new ssd with version 2. Any tips for copying games over once I have the drive setup from the image? I don’t know what I did last time, but it resulted in a blue screen before getting into the game select screen.

yay my new drive worked this time. The option is there on ultra. Test mode, game options, PCs select, vs match.

Turn on game patches in the setting menu of the multi.

Well its taken a few days but I've finally managed to get the latest version downloaded and installed, it took some doing as I've slow internet at the moment and lack of storage, but it's been an entertaining experience and I've enjoyed learning something new, everything works spot on, even the game exit hot keys which is great, I've even managed to get some of the shoot em up's flipped so I can use those, only 2 I cant get working are gigawing and kof sky stage, i'm presuming as they already had a config.ini file created with a jvs option and none of the others had, has anyone managed to get those 2 working?

So now ive got my naomi cab running taito tx2 multi and naomi net dimm with raspberry pi, whats next :D

Oh, wow, never even knew that was an option! I stand corrected.

Gonna see if I can try it myself sooner or later. ;)

I could have sworn at least one other version also had the option but if all the ones I tried recently just usf4 had it.

Yeah, same here.
Yeah I looked for all the regular versions and did not see the option. I’m going to check the patched ones again after I copy them to my new drive. if you or anyone could tell me where that option is for ultra I would appreciate it.Edit: I think dual mode is only available for the nesica version of ultra. Somehow I borked my new drive copying stuff so I’m going to start from scratch reimaging my new ssd with version 2. Any tips for copying games over once I have the drive setup from the image? I don’t know what I did last time, but it resulted in a blue screen before getting into the game select screen.

Trying this now, I still get the nesica message and the little icon in the center middle during gameplay.

Maybe mentioned in here somewhere but I think a cool feature if possible would be display cpu temp. Even cooler if it could temporarily overlay while a game is runnig, but just showing it somewhere in the menu would be neat. I’m cleaning up the nasty heatsink on mine, putting a better fan on and reapplying the thermal paste. I always like to check temp when I do this on a pc. I guess I could just check the bios? Is it easy to get into on these things?

Yeah, same here.
Yeah I looked for all the regular versions and did not see the option. I’m going to check the patched ones again after I copy them to my new drive. if you or anyone could tell me where that option is for ultra I would appreciate it.Edit: I think dual mode is only available for the nesica version of ultra. Somehow I borked my new drive copying stuff so I’m going to start from scratch reimaging my new ssd with version 2. Any tips for copying games over once I have the drive setup from the image? I don’t know what I did last time, but it resulted in a blue screen before getting into the game select screen.

Trying this now, I still get the nesica message and the little icon in the center middle during gameplay.
Did you manage to get rid of the message? Now you mention I get it on KOF13 climax and Ultra Street Fighter. Would be nice to not have it.

Yeah, same here.
Yeah I looked for all the regular versions and did not see the option. I’m going to check the patched ones again after I copy them to my new drive. if you or anyone could tell me where that option is for ultra I would appreciate it.Edit: I think dual mode is only available for the nesica version of ultra. Somehow I borked my new drive copying stuff so I’m going to start from scratch reimaging my new ssd with version 2. Any tips for copying games over once I have the drive setup from the image? I don’t know what I did last time, but it resulted in a blue screen before getting into the game select screen.yay my new drive worked this time. The option is there on ultra. Test mode, game options, PCs select, vs match.

Did you manage to get rid of the message? Now you mention I get it on KOF13 climax and Ultra Street Fighter. Would be nice to not have it.
If you used the v2.0 image with all the games pre-setup, then most games included patch definitions to remove the offline message and icon. You do have to turn this feature on in the multi settings.

I know KOFXIII climax was one of the included games, I cant remember about USFIV but its possible that one didnt.

Thanks Niko, I do have the volume 2.0 image, let me check later but are you saying I can turn this on from my cab in settings or do I need to plug the hard drive back in to my PC.

many thanks for your hard work with this, I am loving this multi.

Ok just had the chance to test this and both Ultra and KOF13 warnings disappear when patches is turned on in settings from the home screen on my cab.

So keen to play the games I didn’t see this option., !

Thanks again Niko.

Ok just had the chance to test this and both Ultra and KOF13 warnings disappear when patches is turned on in settings from the home screen on my cab.

So keen to play the games I didn’t see this option., !

Thanks again Niko.
I could have sworn I tried that and it still had the messages. I’ll try again.

New multi looks pretty sweet! Very responsive, cool options and game video preview. Enjoying this very much.

How do I set vertical games to vertical monitor orientation? Can’t find it in the multi or game settings like Raiden.

Back