What's new
Sounds like the JVS I/O. Do you know which is in it? Pull up the spec menu in the game select menu.

Sounds like the JVS I/O. Do you know which is in it? Pull up the spec menu in the game select menu.
It's a custom GFI (the makers of the G-Balance) I/O, as the G-Balance has both JVS and Jamma built in.

IMG_9924.jpg
IMG_9927.jpg

At this stage I'm almost 100% certain it's an i/o issue, and possibly damage to the card rather than just a compatibility issue (though, porque no los dos?). While testing yesterday, the "P1 Left"-input randomly stopped doing anything in some of the games that were working, which makes me think the card itself has had a boo-boo.

I'm going to buy a male-male USB-A cable today, just in case it's the cable or the USB-B connector, but other than that, it looks like I might have to get a new card.

I have very little knowledge about JVS-cards, so I would very much appreciate any tips on what to get. I do NOT need JAMMA out, there are easier ways for me to play my older cards, and as the G-Balance is in the house, I was going to use it mainly for guests and kids who mostly go for the TTX2 beat-em-ups anyway.

Any ideas?

It's a custom GFI (the makers of the G-Balance) I/O, as the G-Balance has both JVS and Jamma built in.
IMG_9924.jpg
IMG_9927.jpg

At this stage I'm almost 100% certain it's an i/o issue, and possibly damage to the card rather than just a compatibility issue (though, porque no los dos?). While testing yesterday, the "P1 Left"-input randomly stopped doing anything in some of the games that were working, which makes me think the card itself has had a boo-boo.

I'm going to buy a male-male USB-A cable today, just in case it's the cable or the USB-B connector, but other than that, it looks like I might have to get a new card.

I have very little knowledge about JVS-cards, so I would very much appreciate any tips on what to get. I do NOT need JAMMA out, there are easier ways for me to play my older cards, and as the G-Balance is in the house, I was going to use it mainly for guests and kids who mostly go for the TTX2 beat-em-ups anyway.

Any ideas?
https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...entifying-the-sega-i-o-type-on-pictures.3872/

You can probably refer to this, so that you can see what other JVS I/Os are available, and are I guess you can say compatible with your set up. This helped me identify quite a lot of things, so hope this helps ya out

Excellent, thank you so much!

Based on that I'll order a Sega 1.5 (as I found one v cheap and it should fulfil my needs, and if it doesn't that should work in my Net City as a backup). Looking at the different i/o boards, I notice that the Sega 3.0 seems to have the actual serial port that the G-Balance uses to connect to Jamma. Anyone know if this is correct? Or should I have gone for a Taito JVS (perhaps a K91X1097C, the one that came with the Vewlix - the G-Balance is very much a Vewlix-alike)?

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with the wiring of the G-Balance, but don’t go off the eye-test automatically with harnesses just because it looks like the serial ports match.

Niko has made recommendations to Sega I/Os in this thread (though I can’t remember which, exactly), and I’ve used my V1 I/O that came with NAOMI Universal without issue. That’s not to say Taito’s or anyone else’s isn’t recommended, but make sure it matches the pinout if you’re using the existing wiring in a cab.

Excellent, thank you so much!

Based on that I'll order a Sega 1.5 (as I found one v cheap and it should fulfil my needs, and if it doesn't that should work in my Net City as a backup). Looking at the different i/o boards, I notice that the Sega 3.0 seems to have the actual serial port that the G-Balance uses to connect to Jamma. Anyone know if this is correct? Or should I have gone for a Taito JVS (perhaps a K91X1097C, the one that came with the Vewlix - the G-Balance is very much a Vewlix-alike)?
The Sega Type 3's are quite good. Avoid the Taito JVS I/O boards.

IMG_9924.jpg
IMG_9927.jpg

Any ideas?
I have the same JVS I/O with no problem (TXX/TTX2/...) GFI GL0801 ver 2.0 board (don't know for mame)

@Niko How to use Video Preview ? dimensions codec folder ...
I tried mp4 videos in the same place as the picture
Settings Videos preview on

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I gave a try using AM with 2.0 image.

When launching the AM, everything is fine, I can launch any game I have, then when exiting the game (either with the 2.0 exit mechanism or through the test menu) and coming back to the AM, it is now in low resolution.
Did anyone experienced the same issue?, Found any fix or workarounds?

Thanks.

Hi,

When launching the AM, everything is fine, I can launch any game I have, then when exiting the game (either with the 2.0 exit mechanism or through the test menu) and coming back to the AM, it is now in low resolution.

Thanks.
I switched from 1.4 with AM to 2.0 without but will be tinkering tomorrow with it to hopefully create an 2.0 with AM. Did you do something special or just used the same AM that worked with 1.4?

Will let you know if it switches to a low resolution.

Hi,

Thanks.
I switched from 1.4 with AM to 2.0 without but will be tinkering tomorrow with it to hopefully create an 2.0 with AM. Did you do something special or just used the same AM that worked with 1.4?
Will let you know if it switches to a low resolution.
I just used the AM I had on my 1.4 image and deployed it on my 2.0 one.
Looking forward to hear your feedback. I may have missed an option or a setting.

I have the same JVS I/O with no problem (TXX/TTX2/...) GFI GL0801 ver 2.0 board (don't know for mame)
Thanks for this, that kinda confirms it's physical damage to the card - especially since the TTX2 works perfectly in my Net City.

My ttx2 will be black screen after startup to display "c:\typemulti\assets\ttxshell.exe",And then there's no response.

My ttx2 model is 209a with 2 gb of memory. 2.0 image.

Does anyone know the reason and the solution? Thank you very much!

I've been trying to use the image to install Dariusburst English language in a real cab. Unfortunately, the stock build doesn't launch the game, the selection menu loads but the game quits immediately to the menu.

Clearly this is an extremely niche use of the launcher, but I'm keen on installing English and also want to preserve the life of my original disk so it can be supplied in working, unmodified condition if or when I sell the cab on.

If anyone has any experience with doing this or other routes to install English in an original DB cab, please let me know!

It's always been 1.4 I've been working with, for some reason I have had no success at writing any version of the 2.0 image. If 2.0 has better support I will need to work out why that is.

It probably doesn't work because DBAC is checking for a bunch of stuff that the multi isn't solving for (monitor EDID, FAST I/O x2, etc.). You will need to bypass all of that in order for it to start.

Running into a weird issue helping a friend get a TTX2 Multi setup (tried 1.4 & 2.0). The board seems to intermittently POST every few attempts, and when it does, the TTX2 splash screen will appear, then it just hangs for 5-10 minutes before restarting, then doing the POST->Splash->Hang->Restart loop again. I confirmed the drive boots on my own (known working) board, and the GPU is also good. I tried re-seating the memory and the CPU, doesn't seem to make any difference. Didn't try swapping the CPU and the RAM because it was too much effort at the time, but that's next on the list. I wanted to check in and see if anyone had any ideas or similar experiences in the meantime.

Thanks!

Agree with joe sounds like garbage in the bios. If not the bios jumper it could be bad ram. Dont mess with the cpu. Those spring tension connectors work or they dont. Meaning you cpu works it is fine.

With power off Switch position on bios jumper pin boot once. Power off again put bios jumper back to origional position. Then boot again.

Great, thanks for the pointers! Happy to try that out, but having some trouble figuring out which jumper it is I need to use. Here is what I see on the board:
  1. 3-pin header directly adjacent to the battery. I tried moving the jumper, board won't boot with it moved.
  2. 3-pin header directly adjacent to the yellow USB headers. Tried moving the jumper, board boots and hangs at the white TypeX2 splash screen, moved jumper back, no change.
  3. 2-pin header directly adjacent to the battery, no jumper present. Tried adding my own jumper there, powered on, board boots and hangs at the white TypeX2 splash screen, removed jumper, no change.

Am I just doing this wrong? lol. I also checked the battery, reads 3V, same as my personal (working) board.

Relatedly, I tried the GPU & memory from the troublesome board on my personal board, and everything works perfectly fine.

Back