What's new
My mistake. The picture was on the previous page than the one linked to. It’s the 3 pin jumper adjacent to the battery.

What I did was move the jumper over, boot. Turn off, then remove the jumper altogether, and boot again. It helped when mine asked for a bios password, but not sure if it’ll work in this case.

Thanks! Gave it a try, and it's still exhibiting the same behavior. Not sure we're going to waste anymore time on this for now, unless anyone else has any ideas about what might be worth trying. I don't see any bulging caps or anything like that.

If you care to post screenshots of the POST screen, it might help, but I’m out of ideas for now.

Guessing I need to hook up a keyboard for that? All I see is either a black screen, or the Type X2 splash screen, where it hangs.

It helps to stop the POST, but I suppose you could snap a video then take a screenshot as you scroll through the video.

If you use a keyboard, make sure it’s PS/2.

Again, not sure it’ll tell me much, so it’s up to you if you want to keep trying with limited help, but maybe someone else can do more with it.

still can be the possibility of bad ram. pull a stick out leave the other in. is it has the same issue pull the other stick out put the other in.

if you only have 1 stick get another to test swap with.

I’ll also ask, what I/O is plugged into your friend’s X2 on boot-up, and how is video connected? DVI or VGA?

Thanks for the help with this one! Really appreciate all the effort. :)

I already did the RAM dance. One in, one out, no change. Also tried swapping in both sticks from my own motherboard, no change. Tried using DVI->HDMI cable, as well as VGA->VGA (with a DVI adapter), from both DVI outputs on the card, no change. Also tried swapping in the GPU from my own motherboard, no change. My board works perfectly fine with either of those same cables. Using a Capcom I/O which also works perfectly fine on my own board.

Really at a loss here for what the problem is. Only thing left I can really think of is the CPU, but I feel like if that was bad or faulty, it would either beep at us, or not make it to the splash screen at all.

@Niko, I had looked over them previously, and they all looked fine, but now that I looked again, I think a 6V 1000uF cap next to the CPU might be a little on the bulging side. Considering replacing it, but I'm also wondering if this is really worth the effort.

@JoeAwesome, tried swapping the JVS I/O boards around - my JVS board in my friend's mobo results in no change. Putting his JVS board in my mobo still boots as normal. Doesn't seem like that's the issue.

Interestingly, I removed the CPU heatsink+fan (and later, the CPU itself) to get a better look at the bulging cap. I tried powering on with the heatsink+fan and the CPU removed, and no angry BIOS beeps. I even pulled the RAM after that, still no angry BIOS beeps.

????????????

Couple quick questions if anyone knows:
  • Is the original CPU that comes in the P4 3.4ghz configuration an SL9KE?
  • Is it normal for the 2.0 version of the multi to report 3GB RAM in the "Info" box when there are 2x2GB RAM modules installed? It's doing this on two different boards with two different brands of memory, so I wonder if this is expected behavior or a bug.
Thanks!

@Niko

About this Windows XP system!
I want to run some other DLL files, such as d3d9.dll, and run the king of fighters sky stage. The game is a vertical screen. I want to use the horizontal screen, and use the reschade plug-in, but the game can't be started and quit in a flash. How can I run this plug-in to become a horizontal screen game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my X2 up and running, but I am having a couple of different issues with a few games.

Hangs at graphics initialization during system checks and then blue screens and reboots:
Arcana Heart 2
Suggio! Arcana Heart 2

Hangs at windows load screen and then jumps back to game select menu after some time:
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!
Daemon Bride

Game boots, but freezes after character select screen:
Skullgirls Second Encore
Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm
Chaos Code

Game boots, but freezes during welcome screen:
Akai Katana Shin

All other games seem to be working fine.

My system:
Type X2
Model - 210A
Ram - 512MB
GPU - GF7900GS
I/O - Capcom Naomi
SSD - Samsung 850 (250gb)

I have my X2 up and running, but I am having a couple of different issues with a few games.

Hangs at graphics initialization during system checks and then blue screens and reboots:
Arcana Heart 2
Suggio! Arcana Heart 2

Hangs at windows load screen and then jumps back to game select menu after some time:
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!
Daemon Bride

Skullgirls Second Encore
Chaos Code

Akai Katana Shin

My system:
Type X2
Model - 210A
Ram - 512MB
GPU - GF7900GS
I/O - Capcom Naomi
Try 1GB of ram.

Arcana Heart 2
Suggio! Arcana Heart 2

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!
Daemon Bride

Skullgirls Second Encore
Chaos Code

Akai Katana Shin

My system:
Type X2
Model - 210A
Ram - 512MB
GPU - GF7900GS
I/O - Capcom Naomi
Try 1GB of ram.
Thank you for the suggestion. I ordered some ram, and I will give it a try when it comes in.

Is game play affected by which i/o you use? Is fast i/o really faster or better than the Capcom or Sega USB i/o?

If you're going to upgrade memory, you may as well max it out (2x2GB). It costs less than $20USD. Most likely the memory increase will solve your problems, but what CPU does that model have? Guessing it's a P4.

I/Os and input latency isn't going to make enough of a difference that you'll notice. I wouldn't spend your time worrying about it. Capcom I/O is fine.

If you're going to upgrade memory, you may as well max it out (2x2GB). It costs less than $20USD. Most likely the memory increase will solve your problems, but what CPU does that model have? Guessing it's a P4.

I/Os and input latency isn't going to make enough of a difference that you'll notice. I wouldn't spend your time worrying about it. Capcom I/O is fine.
I ordered 2x2gb since it was super cheap.

The case says the CPU is a P4 3.4GHz. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I'm assuming that what the case says is correct, and that it hasn't been Frankenstein-ed already. I realize that may not be a good assumption.

I bought this unit years ago, and I had no idea there was so much variation between the units.

I'm assuming that what the case says is correct, and that it hasn't been Frankenstein-ed already. I realize that may not be a good assumption.

I bought this unit years ago, and I had no idea there was so much variation between the units.
yeah I had the same issue too, but the ram upgrade solved all my issues. Your cpu should be suffice, but the Ram seems to be your issue, and when you load it it will definitely run a lot smoother and no more hiccups

P4 3.4 is fine. It's as good as you can get, without installing more expensive (but still cheap overall) multi-core CPUs that won't add any value from a performance standpoint. IIRC, most configurations are either a Celeron (slowest), P4 (most common, probably fastest) and the Core 2 Duo (small performance decrease compared to tbe P4, but way less power consumption and heat output).

I doubt anyone opened it up to put in a slower CPU. ;)

Back