What's new
hey @kazuo what's the recommended ram for the type x2? akatasuki and rastan don't boot up for me for whatever reason

I just got my 2x2GB sticks today. One stick is bad out of the box, but all the problems I had are gone now with just a single stick of 2GB.

I read in another thread that the X2 will output 1080p. Is that true, and if so how? I thought the choices were 480p or 720p on the dip switch.

Also, will it output a digital signal through the DVI, or is it just analog?

Max resolution is 720p. And while I use DVI most people recommend the DVI to VGA adapter and VGA to monitor.

I just got my 2x2GB sticks today. One stick is bad out of the box, but all the problems I had are gone now with just a single stick of 2GB.

I read in another thread that the X2 will output 1080p. Is that true, and if so how? I thought the choices were 480p or 720p on the dip switch.

It does not run in 1080p. Only 480p and 720p.

Max resolution is 720p. And while I use DVI most people recommend the DVI to VGA adapter and VGA to monitor.
I’ve tested all the games on the 2.0 multi through DVI only and VGA only, both in 720p mode. All worked fine in DVI/HDMI, except these games, they require VGA in order to work.

3D mahjong
Battle Fantasia
Chaos breaker
Dark awake
Elevator action
En-Eins
King of Fighters Sky Stage
Psychic force
Tottemo mahjong

I’ve tested all the games on the 2.0 multi through DVI only and VGA only, both in 720p mode. All worked fine in DVI/HDMI, except these games, they require VGA in order to work.
3D mahjong
Battle Fantasia
Chaos breaker
Dark awake
Elevator action
En-Eins
Psychic force
Tottemo mahjong
oh no shit?!? This is some good info, but is there a way to get this properly working via dvi-d to hdmi For supergun use?

oh no shit?!? This is some good info, but is there a way to get this properly working via dvi-d to hdmi For supergun use?
No, the GPU on the Type X2 only sends the EDID information through the VGA port.

What does work, I’ve tested it, is using DVI to VGA and feed that into an OSSC. With this method, all the games work and you’re outputting to HDMI. There’s no additional lag as it’s just transcoding the analog signal to digital, no upscaling.

No, the GPU on the Type X2 only sends the EDID information through the VGA port.
What does work, I’ve tested it, is using DVI to VGA and feed that into an OSSC. With this method, all the games work and you’re outputting to HDMI. There’s no additional lag as it’s just transcoding the analog signal to digital, no upscaling.
Thanks for the very useful info, @muckyfingers. I had been trying to find a workable solution to make all the games playable when I use my system outside the cab. This is great news.

3D mahjong
Battle Fantasia
Chaos breaker
Dark awake
Elevator action
En-Eins
Psychic force
Tottemo mahjong
Thank you for that information!!! Super helpful!

I ran a DVI -> HDMI cable out of the X2 to my 1080p flat screen last night. Games like Skullgirls and Blazblue look beautiful, however games like 3rd Strike look far better on the CRT in my cab.

I can live without the most of the games on the list tbh

@beast1x5 They originally use PC5300 modules, but PC6400 modules work just fine (and probably are easier to find and usually cheaper). I don't think the crashing is due to the memory, although it's possible. Try to use quality memory modules and avoid mismatching brands or modules with different speed ratings (always buy them as a pair!).

I think some of the issues with some of the games, like Battle Fantasia, is because they want an EDID from the monitor to boot. Good to know using DVI to VGA seems to resolve most of the issues! Also very weird that VGA (?) solves problems with EDID (?) - isn't EDID a DVI-D/HDMI thing?

Would this RAM work? Thanks

https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/all-prod...HiFukbKnEhpj88RoP8OxlygyFGYQKah0aAkCaEALw_wcB

@beast1x5 They originally use PC5300 modules, but PC6400 modules work just fine (and probably are easier to find and usually cheaper). I don't think the crashing is due to the memory, although it's possible. Try to use quality memory modules and avoid mismatching brands or modules with different speed ratings (always buy them as a pair!).

I think some of the issues with some of the games, like Battle Fantasia, is because they want an EDID from the monitor to boot. Good to know using DVI to VGA seems to resolve most of the issues! Also very weird that VGA (?) solves problems with EDID (?) - isn't EDID a DVI-D/HDMI thing?

Avoid the Taito JVS I/O boards.
I have a JVS I/O in my vewlix and wanted to get a multi system.
Is there a reason we shouldn't use this I/O board?
They are fine for use with the X/X2 but there is a bug in the firmware which causes them to report the wrong number of switch inputs so some games wont work with them. Also they are crazy expensive.

Avoid the Taito JVS I/O boards.
I have a JVS I/O in my vewlix and wanted to get a multi system.Is there a reason we shouldn't use this I/O board?
They are fine for use with the X/X2 but there is a bug in the firmware which causes them to report the wrong number of switch inputs so some games wont work with them. Also they are crazy expensive.
What i/o would you recommend? Say if I wanted to plug into a JAMMA cab?

I have the fast i/o PCI board for my X2, but I'm currently using the Capcom i/o that is supposed to go with my Naomi setup, and I need to buy the X2 its own i/o. Trying to get the best performance, without going broke. (I know that is a ridiculous goal)

Back