What's new
Allright. :thumbup:
Taito X2 is next on my Shopping list anyway.

Will this work on the earlier Taito Type X hardware as well? as I have a type 1 and not the type 2.

Better still - will it allow you to run type-X games on a type-X2?

But will it run TGM3? (TTX)

If it does, someone sell me a TTX2 board!
Hmmm not sure yet, this donor drive is different than anything else used before and I've never tried TGM3. I will let you know though.

I'm hoping to have a working beta later today.

But will it run TGM3? (TTX)

If it does, someone sell me a TTX2 board!
Hmmm not sure yet, this donor drive is different than anything else used before and I've never tried TGM3. I will let you know though.
I'm hoping to have a working beta later today.
Right on. Let me know if it does that would be a huge plus for me.

Result - I just picked up a couple of X2's from YAJ - by the time they get to the UK you should have something releasable...

Just thought I would give a quick update.

I pretty much have all the technical stuff worked out. Now all I have to do is finish the front end and tidy everything up :)

The frontend is proving to be a real annoyance. I've never in my life developed a GUI especially not for Windows. So I initially decided to write it in C# because it was easy. Well that turned out to be a complete waste of time as for whatever reason I couldnt get it to run in WinXP. Not to mention having to install the stupid .NET framework was less than appealing in the first place.

So now I've started from scratch and making the same thing in Qt/C++

On a side note, I think I might work on porting some PC games over to the X2 as well. I dont know why but I feel like it would be awesome to play shovel knight on the X2. So that might be happening as well.

On a side note, I think I might work on porting some PC games over to the X2 as well. I dont know why but I feel like it would be awesome to play shovel knight on the X2. So that might be happening as well.
My hero!

i can't help much with the coding I'm too rust in that but if u need any help best testing you know I have a system to try it out on :)

A tutorial on porting PC stuff to the X2 would be great. There's a few emulators and "legacy" games id love to get in a cab.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what Taito X2 games can be played with this freeware frontend? Can it play Taito X games? Just wondering what "non-emulator" games can be played on the Taito X2 hardware with this front end and is there a master list somewhere of the games that can currently be played via the multi game setup?
There seems to be no limit to the emulators that can run on this front-end as well, to clarify, the front-end will allow the addition of any emulator/rom set as per any typical PC? Possibly some PC games as well?
Lastly, can an IPac be added to the Taito X2 PC and the MAME setup to allow for 4-player simultaneous games?
Thanks.

Niko,

Great project, following this thread with interest.

Be good if there was the option for two menus, one for allthe horizontal games and one for the vertical games. Maybe a simple configurationfile you could just update to load the vertical menu when installing in avertical setup monitor cab. I currently run the existing multi and that is oneof the things in does, put all the vertical/horizontal games mixed into onelist.

Picked up a second complete X2 system some time ago(everything except case & power supply), kept it as spares if needed for mymain system, your earlier post of a custom setup in a PC case has inspired me totry a similar thing and to have it ready to try out your new multi when it is finished.

Yea I can do that, it might be one of those things that comes later after release but I will see when I finish the front end.

Something similar to tabs in a browser. One tab for Tate and one for Yoko.

im sure if we can add our own roms we can get some artistic people later to build a few better front ends

im sure if we can add our own roms we can get some artistic people later to build a few better front ends
This is what I'm hoping for.

I'm just trying to get the base out there and make it as open as possible, then let people do what they will with it from there.

Just a quick update.

I'm getting pretty close to a release. I almost have the frontend completed. Just need to statically compile and test. Also need to make some minor adjustments as the JVS input is really sensitive.

What does everyone prefer I use to image the drive? Normally I would use dd, but i know most of you are probably Windows users so that would complicate things.

its will be a hdd image? i thought the drives where locked or something. also yeah windows here

Last edited:
its will be a hdd image?
Yes, atleast thats the plan. The image will contain all possible game dependencies for current and "future" game releases.

I can provide a "package" to install yourself if you'd prefer. It requires modifying the registry but I can script that fairly easily.

Back