What's new
I use Winhex to image everything. If you use Windows I would call it a must have for arcade users.

are the winhex images Ghost compatible? I use Ghost which is extremely easy to use, boots from USB and CDs.

I would say use chdman from MAME to create a .chd, it will be compressed and will save considerable space. also chdman is cross platform. It can also be used to extract .chd to a raw file equivalent to what you'd get with dd/winhex.

I would say use chdman from MAME to create a .chd, it will be compressed and will save considerable space. also chdman is cross platform. It can also be used to extract .chd to a raw file equivalent to what you'd get with dd/winhex.
Pretty much what I was going to say.

Just a quick update.

I'm getting pretty close to a release. I almost have the frontend completed. Just need to statically compile and test. Also need to make some minor adjustments as the JVS input is really sensitive.

What does everyone prefer I use to image the drive? Normally I would use dd, but i know most of you are probably Windows users so that would complicate things.
im sure if we can add our own roms we can get some artistic people later to build a few better front ends
This is what I'm hoping for.
I'm just trying to get the base out there and make it as open as possible, then let people do what they will with it from there.
Please add support for transparency using png files for the frontend, and you can get really nice results. Would be smart to release this with an nfo file that clearly lists all objects used and what they're for. If you use coordinates for the object placement, it's really easy for people to create nice skins for it. Maybe add simple animations too, like sliding the game list in and out when you start or exit a game?

I also think chdman would be a solid choice. Being on an arcade forum most of us already have experience with it.

I'd just use dd to make the img. Most image software can handle dd raw images anyway

dd or chdman is fine.

Sticking the image on an ssd would be good, not for extra speed but for reliability.

Its coming along. Ran into a few hickups nothing major.

Regardless of the dip settings, the X2's resolution is 640x480 before it starts a game. Initially I thought I was going to make two frontends, one for 720p and one for 480p. Now I do not need to do that. However with everything resized, the game images look kinda crappy scaled to 320x240 ( the size of the picture box ). So i'm debating on whether to just remove that all together.

I also ran into an issue with launching the games. In all my test prior to the frontend I was using the ttxshell to launch the games. I had naturally assumed that I could launch them manually so long as the shell was running. But that doesnt seem to be the case, so I need to incorporate using the ttxshell into the multi which shouldnt be hard.

Right now the biggest problem is time, Im pretty pressed between work & life and only get about 1 day a week to work on other projects. With that said my next available day is probably going to be Sunday so I should have more info then.

What's doing the re-scaling of images, the frontend, or are you doing that yourself in an image software? You should try to use a competent program before dismissing the idea.

What's doing the re-scaling of images, the frontend, or are you doing that yourself in an image software? You should try to use a competent program before dismissing the idea.
The front end is whats scaling the images.

I also ran into an issue with launching the games. In all my test prior to the frontend I was using the ttxshell to launch the games. I had naturally assumed that I could launch them manually so long as the shell was running. But that doesnt seem to be the case, so I need to incorporate using the ttxshell into the multi which shouldnt be hard.
can you elaborate on the issue you're having?

I have been booting most games via starting launcher/game manually after ttx_shell has started.
Only issue i get is upon exiting a game is the system restarts.

I was getting an I/O error but I figured out it was do to my JVS interfacing tool.

So the multi is officially in beta. I have a complete working product as of Today. Here is a demo video.

Back