What's new
The JVS versions of the vertical games can't run in horizontal mode at all. They do a check on the resolution of the monitor on boot up and completely crash due to the improper setup. All of them expect a normal rotated screen at 640x480 and actually have the graphics rotated in the game, the monitor never changes orientation via the os. Eventually when nesica games aren't supported by Taito you can run all but Gigawing Generations & KoF Sky Stage on a horizontal screen as they have built-in modes in the games.

New version is almost ready for release! :)

Hopefully I will have everything ready this weekend.

The new version adds some of the following features.

• Added support for FastIO ( menu and JVS games )
  • Complete rewrite of menu JVS code.
  • Seamless I/O detection
  • Menu resolution via X2 dip switch ( 480p or 720p ) ( Dip2 )
  • Complete rewrite of game image support ( Images are auto scalled, can be any size, can have any filename, and be either JPG or PNG ).
  • TXCE game support. ( Will be needed for clean dump of BBCS2, and USFIV when the time comes. )
  • Game autobooting without starting the menu ( Multi can be setup to boot straight into a game without starting the menu, just like a legit drive.).
For those of us with X2's without dip switches, will menu resolution also be an option within the GUI?
No dip switches? So you're missing the whole I/O PCB inside the X2?
I had remove the manual option for v1.4 but I could make something custom for you if you need it.
Nope, the I/O is there, the dipswitch bank is not. Just a hole where it should be.

No idea why, it's just how it came when I bought it a couple years back.

What does the new Multi default to if it doesn't see the dip switch?

Pic:
25510712_10155891133032207_2003296643_o.jpg

It will default to 480p.

Looking at the picture, it looks like the dips are just covered by the black plastic cover. Which is common on alot of X2 boards. You should be able to use a small flat head screwdriver or piece of metal to pry it off. They are just glued on.

It will default to 480p.

Looking at the picture, it looks like the dips are just covered by the black plastic cover. Which is common on alot of X2 boards. You should be able to use a small flat head screwdriver or piece of metal to pry it off. They are just glued on.
There's no black cover, just a bad picture. It's a hole, I have put my finger in it, it just goes inside the case.

It will default to 480p.

There's no black cover, just a bad picture. It's a hole, I have put my finger in it, it just goes inside the case.
But are you SUUURE? ;)

@rewrite let me know how it goes when you get a chance to test it. If you want 720p just let me know and I'll make you some custom stuff.

@rewrite let me know how it goes when you get a chance to test it. If you want 720p just let me know and I'll make you some custom stuff.
I will let you know, I intend to download it today, and check it out tomorrow or Monday.

I'd definitely prefer 720p as I only use my Type X2 in my Vewlix. Sorry to be a bother :/.

I *will*, however, make sure to find one with the dipswitches still present when I buy a second Type X2.

The TTX2 I traded for came with a EVGA 7900GS. About to flash it now. Wish me luck!

The TTX2 I traded for came with a EVGA 7900GS. About to flash it now. Wish me luck!
Did you test it to see if it was flashed already? Or they just threw it in cause they wanted to do it?

GL - Just follow Niko's guide, works perfectly.

Did you test it to see if it was flashed already? Or they just threw it in cause they wanted to do it?
GL - Just follow Niko's guide, works perfectly.
I didn't test it prior to flashing it. But @xRealNinjuzx told me he never flashed the card because he didn't 't have a PC desktop to do it with, which is understandable. But Niko couldn't have made the process any easier.

Anyhow, I got to this point on the workbench (haven't upgraded the multi version yet). Can we consider it a success from here? Or do I have to actually attempt to launch a game before I can sign off on this?

EDIT: I launched SSF4 just fine. Did a hard shut down and tried to load a 2nd game and it crashed. Will mess with it again tomorrow. Seems to be working though. Happy and relieved. Looking forward to the new multi!

TTX2_Multi.JPG

One a side note, I noticed that the PSU fans didn't spin up on startup. Can someone confirm this is normal?

EDIT: Seems the fans work fine. I just can't see them spinning in the low light of the wee hours of the morning. Will confirm again tomorrow.

TTX2_PSUFans.JPG

Last edited:
You can't really see them spinning, because they have stationary blades infront of the actual fans. I thought mine had seized until I realized that.

I put a lighter flame right next to the exhaust and it blew out right away. PSU fans should be good. Gave it another boot and was able launch a few other games. I guess this is good to go. What a relief! I traded it for a CPS3 so I am kind of sweating it. I need to bring myself up to speed on the latest release and then upgrade the multi to Niko's latest version.

The JVS versions of the vertical games can't run in horizontal mode at all. They do a check on the resolution of the monitor on boot up and completely crash due to the improper setup. All of them expect a normal rotated screen at 640x480 and actually have the graphics rotated in the game, the monitor never changes orientation via the os. Eventually when nesica games aren't supported by Taito you can run all but Gigawing Generations & KoF Sky Stage on a horizontal screen as they have built-in modes in the games.
Happy to read this :) At least we can maybe play nesica shooting games someday. I got a vewlix F and I can't rotate the screen easily.
No easy rotation system on this cab and I don't want to buy another cab specially for shooting games.

I dont have an X2 so any testing is pretty much a pain in the dick, however in the past when freinds asked if it could be done i ran into issues mostly with rotation inside the nvida driver.
Thanks guys, looks like it will be difficult to run the vertical games without issues on a TTX2 mobo :(

@Niko = In your opinion, is there anything possible to made the TTX2 vertical games running on a Horizontal cab without issues?

What about the multi TX1? That's what I have in my vertical cab (all vertical games are TX1 anyway...)

Back