What's new
I finally got a HDD to run this in, but just realized I have no idea how to dump a disk image in mac. I tried to use disk utility, but when trying to use the .img file, it gives me an error, saying it can not access the disk partitions list. Anyone has any program recommendations?

Last edited:
I was never able to get the image to write properly in osx and ended up using Windows however you could try using hdiutil or dd from the command line

Maybe this has been posted before, (I searched but it's an 88-page thread so it's hard to sort though).

I recently got my first Type X2, It was a CyberDiver Unit, I swapped out the Graphics card for a GeForce 7900 GS and got an image of the multi with all of the games setup already and used HDD Raw Copy tool to put that onto an SSD. With this setup it boots to the menu but when I try to run any of the games I get a black screen with some white text stating that it's launching the game, and then it dumps me back to the menu.

What causes this/what can I do to fix this?

Yup, I have the same issue with a 7900GT, need to flash the Elsa bios to it to test...

Interesting, I was planning on doing that anyway but I was under the impression that for the multi the ELSA bios didn't need to be flashed.

In theory it shouldn't but alot of games do some with d3d9 dlls, and the driver itself may not be working properly beacuse its expecting an elsa model

Ok, finally got the multi running! But I am having an issue with the Taito IO. I was using it no problem with my SFIV setup, but it doesnt work in the multi. Any idea why can this be happening?

BTW is there any way to have the TGM3 running in the multigame?

I apologize if this has been replied somewhere, I'm reading the thread but still at page 23.

BTW is there any way to have the TGM3 running in the multigame?

I apologize if this has been replied somewhere, I'm reading the thread but still at page 23.
No, you'll need another drive for TGM3. It requires alternative graphics drivers.

Thanks. IO started working out of the blue :D . Thanks Niko for this amazing piece of software!

Now lets try to make mame work :evil:

Last edited:
Thanks for the multi-ware and the nesica sytle interface.
I have a question,
if i set atrfate's nesica style frontend autoboot in niko's multi, it only goes in 480p, seems it boots earlier than niko's multi complete, and then i
if i wait for niko's multi then select atrfate's frontend, it shows in 720p.
So if it possible that make the frontend auto start a bit later, wait for niko's multi boot first? or any way to make the frontend auto boot in 720p?
Thanks all!!

same 4Problem here....
Thanks for the multi-ware and the nesica sytle interface.
I have a question,
if i set atrfate's nesica style frontend autoboot in niko's multi, it only goes in 480p, seems it boots earlier than niko's multi complete, and then i
if i wait for niko's multi then select atrfate's frontend, it shows in 720p.
So if it possible that make the frontend auto start a bit later, wait for niko's multi boot first? or any way to make the frontend auto boot in 720p?
Thanks all!!
same 480p Problem here......

I'm also having the same issue. Is there a configuration setting to force 720p on artfate's frontend?

Some additional info on what I've observed.
Boot to Niko's FE then load artfate's FE manually = 720p
Autoboot to artfate's FE = 480p
If I exit artfate's FE and reload it = 720p
Exit any game (that support it) by using the test menu, returned to artfate's FE @ 480p

My frontend is what actually sets the resolution. So autobooting into @'atrfate''s menu will result in a 480p resolution, although all the games will still play in their respective resolutions ( based on dips and EDID ).

I'll check and see if he can manually set the resolution on startup of his FE.

Thanks for checking and for the clarification. Hopefully it's just a quick config change.

My frontend is what actually sets the resolution. So autobooting into @'atrfate''s menu will result in a 480p resolution, although all the games will still play in their respective resolutions ( based on dips and EDID ).

I'll check and see if he can manually set the resolution on startup of his FE.
Thank you Niko and atrfate, waiting for your good news!

Hello everyone Question where can i download the nessica live theme , the link in the attract mode forum isnt working ,

the nessica theme for raspberry pi
for some reason it wont download from so far the attract mode website link that he has and the one you just gave me , Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Back