What's new
I'm just curious like @tinchen3112 said:"Since Ages all these games are playable on every Standard pc (at least as good like on orig x2) and in my opinion i cant understand why this continues to be treated as a tightly guarded treasure."
Because Taito have lawyers and neither AP or Niko want a letter from them demanding lots of $$$ for something they have provided to the gaming community for free (unlike a certain other person).

By the way, what upgrades are needed to run Ultra SF4 on a X2? I believe the engine is the same as SF4 and SSF4.

Question, What enhancements would the Nesica option that you may release add? Will it allow us to use RFID cards, track stats, and unlock costumes in games?

The majority of revenue for the big/corporate Arcades not from "traditional arcade".That's why there are only two “traditional arcade” in the five floors.
That's... exactly what I said.

Anyway, to yet again echo something else someone said in this thread: Niko isn't obligated to give you anything. As you yourself pointed out, the dumps are available all over the Internet. I would suggest you go buy a FAST I/O card and RFID readers and feel free to play it on the current version of the multi.

No one is stopping you!

The majority of revenue for the big/corporate Arcades not from "traditional arcade".That's why there are only two “traditional arcade” in the five floors.
That's... exactly what I said.
Anyway, to yet again echo something else someone said in this thread: Niko isn't obligated to give you anything. As you yourself pointed out, the dumps are available all over the Internet. I would suggest you go buy a FAST I/O card and RFID readers and feel free to play it on the current version of the multi.

No one is stopping you!
I certainly bought FAST IO and RFID, and even I went to Japan this time and I bought a few NESICA CARD. So I don't care when Niko releases new support. I'm just talking about the depression for "traditional arcade" in Japan. By the way, AttractMode Front End+PC is obviously a better choice. TTX2 is a bulky block. ||

Question, What enhancements would the Nesica option that you may release add? Will it allow us to use RFID cards, track stats, and unlock costumes in games?
While I Cannot answer for Niko I can only assume. The answer at this time for something like that is a big no. but a yes to unlocks kind of
Doing all of that requires 1 of 2 things either a full nesys emu or a local one then you need a way to interact with it outside of an x2 so it becomes a major hassle do you really want to fire up a laptop every-time you wanna play BlazBlue just to change the default character color, so I took a different approach I have made everything that has the ability to be selected in-game unlocked via the game itself so if the game has a menu for it , it is selectable
effectively" network stripping the games. even down to removing the online/offline icon so no screen burn on old crts. the only issue you run into are the few instances of titles where no in game asset exist to select them, in those cases there's not much this method can provide.

I would like a simple way to get back to the menu and boot a different game. I know some games you can go into test and exit. And you can turn the cab off and on again, but both of those options suck. If you plug a keyboard into the ps/2 slot you can hit alt + F4. So that makes me think maybe some sort of ps/2 breakout and make alt and f4 easily accessible buttons somewhere. Or somehow program a complex button hold to trigger alt f4. Anyway if anyone has figured out a way to make changing games dead simple I’d be curious to hear what you did.

I would like a simple way to get back to the menu and boot a different game. I know some games you can go into test and exit. And you can turn the cab off and on again, but both of those options suck. If you plug a keyboard into the ps/2 slot you can hit alt + F4. So that makes me think maybe some sort of ps/2 breakout and make alt and f4 easily accessible buttons somewhere. Or somehow program a complex button hold to trigger alt f4. Anyway if anyone has figured out a way to make changing games dead simple I’d be curious to hear what you did.
Yea I didnt realize how bad it sucks until I got a cab.

My current dilemma is that I would have to sit in between the game and the controls in order to intercept a button combo. While this is probably a "non problem", I hate the idea of something possibly causing an input delay ( however minor ). In cases where I'm already sitting between the game and controls ( FastIO to JVS, or JVS to FastIO ) this isnt a problem, but for cases when the game would normally communicate directly with the I/O board I'd have to intercept the input first, analyze it, and then pass it to the game. I dont necessarily have to do it linearly like that, as I could immediately pass it off to the game and analyze the inputs in another thread but its still adding extra overhead.

I'll test it and see how I feel about it.

Playing off of your idea, a cool but kinda ghetto option would be to have a custom passthrough setup that for example could sit in between the start button and I/O board and when the start button was held for X number of seconds sent a ALT+F4 to the system via the PS2 port.

I just try XIII and not works full screen it has black bands.. it can be change with ini?

The simplest solution would be to connect a switch to the reset switch on the I/O card in the X2.

Second solution would be to get a PS2 keyboard emulator and send ALT-F4 when a button is pressed.

Hooking into the JVS stream looking for key presses would add input lag.

Yes - there's a small button on the JVS card on the TTX2 - it's connected to the reset pins on the motherboard - quick poke and the TTX2 reboots.

As you have to change the dips on the JVS card for some games and they're only read when you boot the game it's the simplest option.

I just try XIII and not works full screen it has black bands.. it can be change with ini?
Make sure DIP2 on the X2 motherboard is set to the ON position. This DIP controls weather games play in 480p or 720p.

My current dilemma is that I would have to sit in between the game and the controls in order to intercept a button combo.
Does it need to sit between them or could you run another background process that simply, listens?

Rather than I button I think an option for a dedicated "home" button would be nice; like how they have on the Sega Aime setups:
aime.jpg

I will check motherboard I saw it out in other models.. thanks so much you got private message please

Yea I didnt realize how bad it sucks until I got a cab.
My current dilemma is that I would have to sit in between the game and the controls in order to intercept a button combo. While this is probably a "non problem", I hate the idea of something possibly causing an input delay ( however minor ). In cases where I'm already sitting between the game and controls ( FastIO to JVS, or JVS to FastIO ) this isnt a problem, but for cases when the game would normally communicate directly with the I/O board I'd have to intercept the input first, analyze it, and then pass it to the game. I dont necessarily have to do it linearly like that, as I could immediately pass it off to the game and analyze the inputs in another thread but its still adding extra overhead.

Playing off of your idea, a cool but kinda ghetto option would be to have a custom passthrough setup that for example could sit in between the start button and I/O board and when the start button was held for X number of seconds sent a ALT+F4 to the system via the PS2 port.
I ordered one of these. I think it should do the trick

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199

Yea I didnt realize how bad it sucks until I got a cab.My current dilemma is that I would have to sit in between the game and the controls in order to intercept a button combo. While this is probably a "non problem", I hate the idea of something possibly causing an input delay ( however minor ). In cases where I'm already sitting between the game and controls ( FastIO to JVS, or JVS to FastIO ) this isnt a problem, but for cases when the game would normally communicate directly with the I/O board I'd have to intercept the input first, analyze it, and then pass it to the game. I dont necessarily have to do it linearly like that, as I could immediately pass it off to the game and analyze the inputs in another thread but its still adding extra overhead.

I ordered one of these. I think it should do the trick

https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199
sweet, let me know how it works.

So if you push "Alt+F4" to exit the game, what happens if you push it again once you're in the menu?

My current dilemma is that I would have to sit in between the game and the controls in order to intercept a button combo.
Does it need to sit between them or could you run another background process that simply, listens?
Rather than I button I think an option for a dedicated "home" button would be nice; like how they have on the Sega Aime setups:
aime.jpg
It needs to sit between them, only one thing can the I/O board open at a time. So you would need to hook the respective functions.

A "home" button would be cool, but unfortunately the typical vewlix panels do not have those. There is an unpopulated 7th button that could be use but whatever was connected to it would for sure need to be configured to listen for a "hold" rather than a momentary press. Otherwise I could see someone accidentally hitting it in the middle of game play.

Back