What's new
Hey mates. I hate to derail the conversation but have another question regarding the TX2 multi. I got a Chase HQ2 that runs on the older revision of the X2, the 204A. I swapped the video card for the one from my working X2 since Chase HQ2 uses the Radeon one. The system takes several tries to boot because of bulging caps but when it finally did I got a hal.dll error: "Please re-install a copy of the above file". Has anybody tried the multi with a Chase HQ2 X2 board?

Thanks,
\o/.k.
I'm not really sure what your asking, Can you run the multi on a 204A X2? Yes it should work, but if its having problems due to bulging caps, you will still have problems. The only game that I know of that has issues with motherboards prior to 208A is KOFXIII, which I suspect can be fixed with a BIOS update but havent tested it.
v1.4 does support FastIO, though I've never tested with one of those FastIO boards.
I didn't know that :) good to know :D I take it the card reader isn't needed if you're using a DMAC/fast IO combo, correct?
That is correct, you do not need the RFID card reader to use the FastIO board.

Trying today to have the Fast IO board connected to the type x2 with the Fast IO pci card.
I adapt this to jamma

mlaDBj9h.jpg
But seems that i have some problems into the cabling since i have to disconnect pin 1-2-3-4 from the 60 pin harness, were +12v and +5v are, otherwise simply the psu of the jamma won't start at all.
Then i disconnect them and all now starts…
but then i got I/O Error using the multiboot.
RZu7F0Uh.jpg

Now just to understand….
This card in Fast IO, should works with this 1.4 multiboot, or it's limited to the usb?

Because it it have to works, then i have to check why i have this I/O Error….
v1.4 does support FastIO, though I've never tested with one of those FastIO boards.
Most likely your network cable is either bad or not a straight through cable. You cannot use a crossover cable.
I tried with another cable lan but i alays got io error.
I check and i see that if i connect +5v into pin 3-4 of the 60 pin harness, tha jamma psu goes into protection….so i have to remove them to have it powered….
But i don't know if this is the culprit because i get io error.

Tip:If you want to buy Fast/io and want to use the 5 and 6 buttons. Must be to select the "K91X1252A" model. This model 100% work.
This is the exact model i have.
Maybe i connect it badly….i don't know.
Some 100% sure cabling schema?

Do not connect 5V on the 60 pin, it comes from the 4 pin header and flows out to the 60 pin. Your model is K91X1243A which as I mentioned previously buttons 5 & 6 have been found to not work on that one by myself and one other person.

What are you supplying the board for power? You need to be giving it at least 12V to the 24V pin on the 4pin which provides 5V to the rest of the board.

Do not connect 5V on the 60 pin, it comes from the 4 pin header and flows out to the 60 pin. Your model is K91X1243A which as I mentioned previously buttons 5 & 6 have been found to not work on that one by myself and one other person.

What are you supplying the board for power? You need to be giving it at least 12V to the 24V pin on the 4pin which provides 5V to the rest of the board.
Currently i disconnect the +5v on the 60 pin.
I'm giving +12v to the 4 pin connector, and infact the led on the board are on.
but it gives me io error…

Then I'd focus on your fast io card in the pc, it sounds like it isn't installed properly as the board is wired up fine.

Currently i disconnect the +5v on the 60 pin.I'm giving +12v to the 4 pin connector, and infact the led on the board are on.
but it gives me io error…
did you verify your network cables where straight through cables?

As a last ditch effort, you could try to reimagine your drive in case something like the iDmacDrv32.dll got deleted or something.

Then I'd focus on your fast io card in the pc, it sounds like it isn't installed properly as the board is wired up fine.
Well, i don't know if it's ok or not….but for sure it's correctly mounted into the tx2.
Any other test i can do to figure it out?
I use that schema to cabling my external fast io board
yxDKCUsh.jpg

Currently i disconnect the +5v on the 60 pin.I'm giving +12v to the 4 pin connector, and infact the led on the board are on.but it gives me io error…
did you verify your network cables where straight through cables?
As a last ditch effort, you could try to reimagine your drive in case something like the iDmacDrv32.dll got deleted or something.
Could i also get from your image the iDmacDrv32.dll only?
Or i need to reimage everything?
Do you have a path where that file is?

Last edited:
I can't find this after a search, so here we go...

I have v1.4 Final. My x2 and my vewlix are connected via normal taito JVS i/o, but the X2 does have a fast io card installed (it's just not connected up to anything). So far all games are fine, but Continuum Shift II just boots to "I/O Error". Is it because of that fast io card I have installed on the motherboard? Any way to configure that manually?

On the “info” screen in the menu it only lists my jvs: ver 2.0;2006,08.31

Last edited:
I can't find this after a search, so here we go...

I have v1.4 Final. My x2 and my vewlix are connected via normal taito JVS i/o, but the X2 does have a fast io card installed (it's just not connected up to anything). So far all games are fine, but Continuum Shift II just boots to "I/O Error". Is it because of that fast io card I have installed on the motherboard? Any way to configure that manually?

On the “info” screen in the menu it only lists my jvs: ver 2.0;2006,08.31
This is due to BBCS2 being a dual I/O game. Meaning it natively supports both FastIO and JVS.

If it detects a iDmac it will automatically default to FastIO.

One simple fix is to find the iDmacDrv32.sys file on C: and rename it.

This will prevent the game from being able to see the iDmac.

This is due to BBCS2 being a dual I/O game. Meaning it natively supports both FastIO and JVS.
If it detects a iDmac it will automatically default to FastIO.

One simple fix is to find the iDmacDrv32.sys file on C: and rename it.

This will prevent the game from being able to see the iDmac.
ABEI4JV_d.jpg

And to the great shock and surprise of literally nobody here, your advice worked flawlessly and was simple to implement. ;)

Thanks again Niko!!

the X2 cards are very hard to find as they never been sold individually, just as complete Nesica X2 units.
So the easiest way to obtain a card is to buy a complete X2 from YAJ with one installed, that's what I did and sold my 'old' X2 without the card after that.

That's the problem I'm facing - I have a couple of TTX2 and just purchased a pair of Vewlix-F's and they've turned up with fastio PCB's inside.

I suspect it'll be easier to source the JVS PCB for the cab than a fastio for the TTX2.

Hi @Niko

So I’m having a very similar issue as everyone else, regarding BBCS2 with the FIO. At first BBCS2 had no problems using JVS with the FIO DMAC installed in the TTX2. But now it won’t register the JVS, same problem as everyone else getting an IO error. Following your advice; if I take the FIO DMAC out it works with JVS.... Sorry I know that’s redundant info, but I thought the whole story might help.

Now for the new problem. BBCS2 now also doesn’t work with Fast IO, (with the DMAC installed). Honestly I was running some “Other Games” ;) , using the FIO and they stopped working at the exact same time as BBCS2 giving me issues. I’ve tried using different TTX2 mobos, using different FIO DMACs, different FIO Boards and reinstalling the multi on different ssd’s all with the same results. At first I thought maybe some file or something got corrupted but after trying fresh installs of the Multi on different ssd’s and still getting the same results, I’m lost on how to fix and get BB2 working with FIO again. Any advice???

Last edited:
Hi @Niko

So I’m having a very similar issue as everyone else, regarding BB2 with the FIO. At first BB2 had no problems using JVS with the FIO DMAC installed in the TTX2. But now it won’t register the JVS, same problem as everyone else getting an IO error. Following your advice; if I take the FIO DMAC out it works with JVS.... Sorry I know that’s redundant info, but I thought the whole story might help.

Now for the new problem. BB2 now also doesn’t work with Fast IO, (with the DMAC installed). Honestly I was running some “Other Games” ;) , using the FIO and they stopped working at the exact same time as BB2 giving me issues. I’ve tried using different TTX2 mobos, using different FIO DMACs, different FIO Boards and reinstalling the multi on different ssd’s all with the same results. At first I thought maybe some file or something got corrupted but after trying fresh installs of the Multi on different ssd’s and still getting the same results, I’m lost on how to fix and get BB2 working with FIO again. Any advice???
Try replacing the network cable, make sure you use a straight through cable and not a crossover.

So then does it have to be a cat.5e patch cable? I’ve tried with a cat5 patch and a cat6 patch cable, but no luck.

Back