What's new
I remember someone having a cabless setup in norcal for DBEX and I think they modified the game to flip the image, no external hardware at least. I sadly don't remember who it was, just that they lived in San Jose. I do remember them selling the setup on eBay several years ago though.
That was alamone, and he was using the same external hardware processors linked in the Japanese guide to flip the image to the correct orientation. He didn't modify the software.
Oh, assumed it was software cause he had posted this of the game running windowed without needing to be flipped by hardware. http://alamone.net/image/Clipboard03.jpgNot sure if that's just the nature of forcing it to run in a window and fullscreen will always be flipped.
Ima call Foul on that screen shot, because in the multiple dumps iv seen of the game, the window title is test of the day.
So that is likely the Pc version modfied, to re-enable coins.
As i already stated however you can directly modify the game to fix the screen rotation.

I'm not even sure I should have posted it, but that was his personal HDD dump of the game and probably self-cracked, or with a small group of people. It was posted early 2015 on a forum and the steam version didn't release until end of 2015.

Alamone's version was definitely software flipped. Also, legit arcade dump, not a hack of the PC version. That's the version I was referring to that was "out there".

Alamone had the real HDD+TX2, he didn't hack the software to my knowledge. It's possible he got a dump of it after he sold his original copy, or perhaps he dumped his copy and had it cracked after the fact. Speculative, but there's no question he had the original hardware, as he sold it on eBay a few years back and posted images, videos and streams of it all running. He had all of the wiring, I/Os etc. mounted inside of a wooden project box.

He details some of the quirks of how it works here, and you can see that the "test of the day" messaging happens during the boot sequence, where the game checks for correct EDID/screen resolution before starting the game. He also mentions how he was using a Image Anyplace IA-100 to fix the screen mirror/flip, and I know he ended up switching to a Lenkeng (?) device later on, for reasons I don't recall.

Thanks guys for these multi and the frontend. I am trying to configure the frontend, but I am having some issues.
1 Frontend resolutions seems really low, like the thumbnails of the games or the command graphs are quite pixellated is that normal?

2 There are a lot of games that are not in Niko's multi, like Deathsmiles, Darius, and so on. Is it possible to remove them from the front end? I would like it to show just what is available.

3 The commands listed:
Button 1 - Confirm
Button 2- Changes the current fliter mode forward 1
Button 3 - Changes the current fliter mode backwards 1
Button 4 - Toggles the Artwork, to Show between Flyer, Title, Video
Button 5+6 Open Settings menu
Button 2+5 Open the "exit" menu (if selected yes, returns to nikos menu)
Button 2+5+6 Opens the Edit Game menu (Most of this you cant edit with out a keyboard, however you can remove/delete a game off the menu )

For some reason in mine, Button 6 opens settings right away, and button 4 opens some kind of search keyboard.

Not sure why...

Once again thanks a lot, it looks awesome.

Last edited:
My frontend is what actually sets the resolution. So autobooting into @'atrfate''s menu will result in a 480p resolution, although all the games will still play in their respective resolutions ( based on dips and EDID ).

I'll check and see if he can manually set the resolution on startup of his FE.
1 Frontend resolutions seems really low, like the thumbnails of the games or the command graphs are quite pixellated is that normal?
As you can see Niko is already looking into this problem. You just have to be patient like the rest of us. :)

2 There are a lot of games that are not in Niko's multi, like Deathsmiles, Darius, and so on. Is it possible to remove them from the front end? I would like it to show just what is available.
You can edit the nesicagui.txt at D:\Frontend\AM\romlist. Just put a # in front of the games you don't want/need.

Havent been following this thread for a long time but am thinking of setting up a Niko multi with my TX2 system.
Question: is the Crimson Clover the Nesica ver? (Not steam ver.)

The version floating around is the Steam version, IIRC. The Nesica titles are not officially supported yet, but it's possible to make them work via hacky workarounds.

The version floating around is the Steam version, IIRC. The Nesica titles are not officially supported yet, but it's possible to make them work via hacky workarounds.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm trying to add Ikaruga to my TTX2 multi setup, but i'm getting an error screen relating to the i/o
I've got a standard X2 setup, plugged into a Vewlix.
View attachment 10931
You dont have a Fast io, and card reader.
Finally got round to sorting a fast i/o and rfid.
I think there are other ways of doing it...but it works, so that's all that matters!
View attachment 10930

Massive thanks to everyone involved :thumbsup:
Link doesn't work! What did you do? ;)

Weird, it was just a pic attached of my setup finally playing a game, rather than stuck at the i/o error screen. Not sure why it's no longer showing?

Basically, I sourced a fast i/o and rfid card reader, and things worked nicely 8)

Arcana Heart 2.1 Flash Retreat
Crimzon Clover shows a problem
Help!

Last edited:
1.Arcana Heart 2.1 Flash Retreat is JVS problem?
2.Crimzon Clover shows a project can not be fully screen
3.TTX2 can run the Ikaruga game, do not know where to download.
Help! Thanks!

Last edited:
If anyone knows how to add games like the Steam port of Deathsmiles I would greatly appreciate that information!

Reactions: nio
If anyone knows how to add games like the Steam port of Deathsmiles I would greatly appreciate that information!
Likely cannot, least in that manner, the its a newish steam game so i doubt it has windows xp support,
You can however run mame, and the mame version of the game. no problems

I imagine Nesica support will come this year, Taito hasnt really done anything with it in quite awhile.
@Niko is this still going to happen this year? There hasn't been any activity on nesica.net for more than 6 months now and what updates they did post this year were either for KOF14 or Million Arthur, both of which are NesicaXLive 2 titles.

Sorry, still no word on when Taito is ending Nesica support for the X2.

In the meanwhile, I've been working on the next version of the multi. v2.0

Some of the new features include:

Demo videos
Folder support
Fully exposed styesheets for creating custom themes
Custom backgrounds

In the meanwhile, I've been working on the next version of the multi. v2.0
Some of the new features include:

Demo videos
Folder support
Fully exposed styesheets for creating custom themes
Custom backgrounds