What's new
Looks sweet @Niko!!

What about the Tate games? They appear to be horizontal in the demo video?

I went to Japan this week. In Akihabara, I saw TAITO's game center, There are only 2 cabinet (NESICAXILIVE AND NESICAXLIVE2) in the entire five floors.(SEGA game center and other are no NESICA cabinet at all.)I am very sure the TAITO have given up this platform. UFO catcher and Card arcade games are more popular in Japan.

I said that these are not requirements to add support for the NESICA Game.(I can already run NESICA games on TTX2)But now that almost everyone can use a regular computer to run NESICA game, the people who have "real machines" have to pay more and wait.Is this a bit strange?

Last edited:
I went to Japan this week. In Akihabara, I saw TAITO's game center, There are only 2 cabinet (NESICAXILIVE AND NESICAXLIVE2) in the entire five floors.(SEGA game center and other are no NESICA cabinet at all.)I am very sure the TAITO have given up this platform. UFO catcher and Card arcade games are more popular in Japan.

I said that these are not requirements to add support for the NESICA Game.(I can already run NESICA games on TTX2)But now that almost everyone can use a regular computer to run NESICA game, the people who have "real machines" have to pay more and wait.Is this a bit strange?
That´s exact my thinking, most People who want absolutely Play these games on real x2 already bought these from bootleg sellers, which have already properly filled their purses with this!
Since Ages all these games are playable on every Standard pc (at least as good like on orig x2) and in my opinion i cant understand why this continues to be treated as a tightly guarded treasure.

The difference with NESiCA on TX2, I guess, is that the bootleg games could more readily used in a commercial environment than a standard PC could. But then, if it's impossible to legitimately buy and use those games outside of Japan, and if TAITO are indeed giving up on the platform, then maybe it will soon be time...

Well it's a paid service and you're opening the door for arcade operators to skirt paying for it. Taito aren't like most developers and DO actually file complaints quicker than later so messing with their bottom line while it's still an offered service is asking for trouble.

thats pretty crazy, there like 2-3 new games they said to be coming to nxl2

the kof Girls fighting game
the fighting layer EX
and A bigupdate to million knights

Sorry, still no word on when Taito is ending Nesica support for the X2.

In the meanwhile, I've been working on the next version of the multi. v2.0

Some of the new features include:

Demo videos
Folder support
Fully exposed styesheets for creating custom themes
Custom backgrounds
@Niko that looks pretty good!

You should have gone to HEY, there you would have seen all their Nesica setups on the shooter floor and on the fighter floor.

@ niko: Will the shooting games will be playable on horizontal screens of the new version of your multi?

It can be awesome, this is really something missing to enjoy a multi at 100%.

You should have gone to HEY, there you would have seen all their Nesica setups on the shooter floor and on the fighter floor.
This. Saying that Taito have "given up" on Nesica is nonsense. The average Taito Station next to the train stations is only going to have a few traditional cabs relative to the number of redemption and card games.

The majority of revenue for the big/corporate Arcades has long moved past traditional video games.

thats pretty crazy, there like 2-3 new games they said to be coming to nxl2
the kof Girls fighting game
the fighting layer EX
NXL2 game not dumped, I am talking about NXL game support, even though NXL2 is a platform with only 5 games in 2 years. (Big news :SFV(Released in 2016) COMING TO ARCADES in 2019 =O

In my opinion, NXL and NXL2 are different platforms, like cps2 and cps3. Almost nxl games were released five years ago.
This. Saying that Taito have "given up" on Nesica is nonsense. The average Taito Station next to the train stations is only going to have a few traditional cabs relative to the number of redemption and card games.
The majority of revenue for the big/corporate Arcades has long moved past traditional video games.
The majority of revenue for the big/corporate Arcades not from "traditional arcade".That's why there are only two “traditional arcade” in the five floors.

The difference with NESiCA on TX2, I guess, is that the bootleg games could more readily used in a commercial environment than a standard PC could. But then, if it's impossible to legitimately buy and use those games outside of Japan, and if TAITO are indeed giving up on the platform, then maybe it will soon be time...
Your fears are not entirely unreasonable, but in fact, padorabox is the only choice for bootleg games commercial environment .

Yous are all missing the point.

It is Niko's decision when it will be released and he had stated his reason clearly. Your choice to try and defute that is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what your assumptions are of the situation it is Niko's view of it that is key here

thats pretty crazy, there like 2-3 new games they said to be coming to nxl2the kof Girls fighting game
the fighting layer EX
NXL2 game not dumped, I am talking about NXL game support, even though NXL2 is a platform with only 5 games in 2 years. (Big news :SFV(Released in 2016) COMING TO ARCADES in 2019 =O

In my opinion, NXL and NXL2 are different platforms, like cps2 and cps3. Almost nxl games were released five years ago
I didnt say anything bout them being dumped, i merely stated i couldn't believe at a taito station they wouldn't have had more setups considering there is multiple games meant to be coming to the platform

thats pretty crazy, there like 2-3 new games they said to be coming to nxl2the kof Girls fighting gamethe fighting layer EX
In my opinion, NXL and NXL2 are different platforms, like cps2 and cps3. Almost nxl games were released five years ago
I didnt say anything bout them being dumped, i merely stated i couldn't believe at a taito station they wouldn't have had more setups considering there is multiple games meant to be coming to the platform
Yes,those games you said have joined the NXL2 platform, and SFV coming soon 2019, but an arcade platform with only 6 games in 3 years is clearly not a "vibrant" platform.

Yous are all missing the point.

It is Niko's decision when it will be released and he had stated his reason clearly. Your choice to try and defute that is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what your assumptions are of the situation it is Niko's view of it that is key here
Hey bro, I don't have any intention to blame or convince Niko. I respect people like Niko. I just said what I saw because this is a forum about TTX. As for Niko's Multigame, it's amazing, but because there is no support for NESICAGAME, AttractMode Front End+PC is obviously a better choice. So I don't care when Niko will release support.

I'm just curious like @tinchen3112 said:"Since Ages all these games are playable on every Standard pc (at least as good like on orig x2) and in my opinion i cant understand why this continues to be treated as a tightly guarded treasure."

Back