What's new
you might try a different SSD/HDD.
yep,tried it on different Taito Type X2 machine,Still same problem,the issue must be on the SSD.

Niko,i got another Taito Type X2 with different VGA card,i believe its Nvidia 7900 ,it wont boot up pass the taito type x2 logo,i just got NO SIGNAL,after Taito SplashScreen.
what to do?should i buy another VGA card (Elsa Gladiac) ?

That happened to me on one game. I transferred it and didn't show up on the SSD. I turned off my anti-virus and transfer it and it showed up and played. It was the free version of Avast on a Windows 7. Just in case this might help.

UPDATE
i change my SSD into new one,and IT LOOKS LIKE IT WORKS!!
i dont get into menu,i got this instead.

i plug my JVS IO like this. i just plug the USB B to A into the TTX2,but the IO doesnt detect at all, do i need to plug the whole harness to test the HDD ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_075635.jpg
    IMG_20190720_075635.jpg
    929.5 KB · Views: 215
  • d353589865.jpg
    d353589865.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 172
UPDATE
i change my SSD into new one,and IT LOOKS LIKE IT WORKS!!
i dont get into menu,i got this instead.

i plug my JVS IO like this. i just plug the USB B to A into the TTX2,but the IO doesnt detect at all, do i need to plug the whole harness to test the HDD ?
If you only plugged in the USB then it isn't powered. You'll need to at least plug in the power connector off the harness.

Recently, I purchased a TTX2. It has a Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM and a 7900GS graphics card with Elsa Gladiac 979 GS driver. The SSD that came with it has a multigame on it with TTX, TTX2 and NESiCAxLive games on it. Nearly all of these games work perfectly. That multigame has a basic user interface. I don't know which one it really is. I mounted it to my PC and saw Japanese labels as partition names.

I started using Niko's multigame and was pleasantly surprised that physical coin insertion works. Only a handful of my games work on my Niko's setup, however. I transferred the dumps from that Japanese multigame to Niko's multigame. I then tried using PC dumps but they don't work either. Some games, like Battle Fantasia and Street Fighter IV work perfectly while most fail at the Command Shell boot and then return to the main menu. I attempted copying certain drivers and configs to the game folders to make them work, without success. Where can I get dumps/versions that work with Niko's multigame? I would love to have them work on Niko's loader because of the coin functionality, boot speed and artwork customization. I actually purchased an SSD to run Niko's multigame.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Question: is it possible to run Ultra Street Fighter IV on a Taito X2 if you have CPU + RAM upgrades?

Or will the game check for the right video card? In this case, could it be patched to run with the "common" TTX2 card?

I am about to buy 4GB RAM and a Core2Extreme CPU to spice up my TTX2, but I don't want to mess with the graphics card at all.

Question: is it possible to run Ultra Street Fighter IV on a Taito X2 if you have CPU + RAM upgrades?

Or will the game check for the right video card? In this case, could it be patched to run with the "common" TTX2 card?

I am about to buy 4GB RAM and a Core2Extreme CPU to spice up my TTX2, but I don't want to mess with the graphics card at all.
Game naturally runs on a 7900 GS so i dont understand why you think it requires a specific card.

That reminds me, if I'm building a Dedicated Type X1 for Tetris TGM3 which video card is preferred?

Game naturally runs on a 7900 GS so i dont understand why you think it requires a specific card.
Because Ultra is a Taito Type X3 game, uses an AMD Radeon HD 6770 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti GPU according to System16.com

And Super is a Taito Type X2 game, uses the ATI RADEON X1600Pro/X1300LE or nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS/7600GS/7300GS GPUs.

Because Ultra is a Taito Type X3 game, uses an AMD Radeon HD 6770 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti GPU according to System16.com
And Super is a Taito Type X2 game, uses the ATI RADEON X1600Pro/X1300LE or nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS/7600GS/7300GS GPUs.
In original TTX3 units it comes with a GTX660, but runs as well on TTX2 with 7900GS

@sammargh and I tried to run it but it froze randomly. More ram didn't help. YMMV. Perhaps this has been figured out by others?

That was due to a memory leak in a driver I wrote. If you have a X2 with a ram upgrade and fast io USF4 runs fine on X2. Once Niko releases the updated multi it should work fine without crashing on JVS

Ultra Street fighter 4, is also a nesicaxlive game, and the nesicaxlive system runs on a taito type x2 meaning the 7900 GS gpu. , and now with nesicaxlive2, a type x3

@sammargh @atrfate

That sounds great! I use a Capcom I/O with my TTX2. So I guess with SSD+4GB+Core2Extreme I should be more than set for USFIV once the new Multi is out :)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

@sammargh @atrfate

That sounds great! I use a Capcom I/O with my TTX2. So I guess with SSD+4GB+Core2Extreme I should be more than set for USFIV once the new Multi is out :)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Usually when playing fighting games on TTX2 is suggested to use a fast I/O rather than upgrading the hardware and using the standard capcom I/O due to the less input lag of the fast I/O

Usually when playing fighting games on TTX2 is suggested to use a fast I/O rather than upgrading the hardware and using the standard capcom I/O due to the less input lag of the fast I/O
This is factually true, but our local FGC group express no complaints. So unless you're going for Top 8 at EVO, you'll be fine. Our top player placed 65th at EVO Japan 2018.

Back