What's new
I just picked up a pair of X3's for $60 + shipping. Not that I actually wanted the games - at that price I got an arcade PC case with PSU, GT660, hard drive mounting plate and a JVS/fastio card - the dongle, original HDD & the PCB can go in the bin for all I care.
I'm putting a M-ATX motherboard, i7-3770 cpu, 8Gb ram and a 250Gb SSD inside instead. I work in IT so have plenty of Windows 7 PRO COA's available so they make perfect MAME PC's (Just need the drivers for the JVS card so I can use them in the Vewlix without using a JVS-PAC.
Wouldn't you make a ton of money flipping them? As an arcade enthusiast and not an IT guy, I think it's sad you're destroying X3s. "Smart guys" forget there are people who don't know as much and willing to just pay for something they want.
I wouldn't call a few hundred a ton of money.

I wouldn't call a few hundred a ton of money.
Convert them to USF4 and you'll sell them for $400 easy. "Significant amount of money" -- is that more appropriate?
USF4 makes them worth that much? In that case I was wrong go buy up all the Type X3s cuz you could take that money and buy a JVSPAC2 and some good beer and play all the games just about the same as a Type X# lol.

Steering the ship back into course a little bit...

Are there any patches to run TTX2 games in "proper 16:9" on real hardware?

Some games support 16:9 based on dip settings.

Nxl games are all wide screen capable but results vary. Eg side bars which the bar graphics are sometime dynamic. Eg based on the character you are playing. These are also editable so you can add your own move list to them.

Gentlemen, v2.0 is ready. You can download the latest image in the first post as always. However, someone was kind enough to create a image with all the games pre-setup for you. Just PM me for details.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the testing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is a really cool release, and I even snuck in a few new features since the test build. Like being able to change the theme from the settings menu.

True awesomeness :)

I am eager to see what people will come up with that memory patching thingamajig.

Here are some screenshots of the six included themes. These are just quick examples with different backgrounds and highlight colors. You can also control things like text and background colors too.

IHtXeUI.png

8JE2Ee4.png

N0oAXTw.png

E5MOx5H.png

9HbpdOU.png

jiLm5lk.png

Ooh pretty!

Also please don’t advocate flipping boots, it’s discouraging. This is why x3 remains a no-no here. The TGM3 x2 image pops up regularly on ebay.

Ooh pretty!

Also please don’t advocate flipping boots, it’s discouraging. This is why x3 remains a no-no here. The TGM3 x2 image pops up regularly on ebay.
hm no x3 you say. I see you didn't mention x4. Guess I should make a multi for that then

Will it still fit on a 120Gb SSD or do I need to buy a bigger one (standard games not Nesica)?

I can't seem to get this working with my supergun and a capcom I/O , would I need to get power routed to the I/O as well?

Buttons work fine and I can select things with a ps/2 keyboard but no inputs.

Last edited:
Does anyone has problem running a Death Smiles 2?
I had no problem running with last version but with 2.0 it just makes me back to original menu.
Do I have to change something to run this game?

By the way, this 2.0 is awesome!!!
Thank you for your hard work NIKO!!!

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else is having trouble getting Blazblue CS2 to run at 720p while using a JVS io, on the new 2.0 build. I can get it working with a fast io, but I keep getting 480p when I use jvs. If anyone has a jvs only setup, and/or running jvs but have an idmac card installed too, please let me know.

I run an x2 with an idmac card, and my normal approach of renaming the idmac sys file didn’t seem to work this time around. It also didn’t seem to matter if I removed the idmac card though!! Maybe I forgot a step. Just looking for confirmation before I go swapping ios and imaging the drive yet again.

Does anyone has problem running a Death Smiles 2?
I had no problem running with last version but with 2.0 it just makes me back to original menu.
Do I have to change something to run this game?

By the way, this 2.0 is awesome!!!
Thank you for your hard work NIKO!!!
I don’t think 2.0 supports non-x2 games, or the non-nesica versions of examu games. I’m going to run a separate ssd with 1.4 to keep those around.

Anyone having issues with the menu not showing when switching the X2 dip switch2 to 720p? I just get a blank screen. It works when I switch it back to 480p. Hardware is original Vewlix with original Taito X2.

Back