What's new
Great setup. Friend is very pleased with the easy of use. Now I need to find myself an X2 haha

of course, I have seen an option of patch, would be possible to make a patch to do it...

Is it possible to rotate the screen for vertical games?
You can do a 180 degree flip on them but they expect a 640x480 window or will crash upon launch. The nesica titles have a registry entry that denote if the cab is setup in horizontal or vertical which for games on the platform will allow them to show up on a horizontal screen. All JVS games require a rotated monitor.

Yeah, you can shoot the game on Vertical.

You must enter "Vertical=1" in the game ini.

After that the game should be in Vertical.
It can happen that the game is still in horizontal position at the first start.
Then start another game that is in vertical, get out of the game and start your game.

Why this is so I do not know unfortunately also.

you must select the partition game on the ssd.
Then the game you want to edit, e.g. Raiden IV.
Then you see the Game folder.
Most of the time there is a folder.
It must be called TypeXmulti.
If it is not there then create the folder.
There must be a Config.ini in it.
If it is not there then create one with Notepad.
There must be Vertical=1 in it.
Save the ini and have fun.

I did it like this in all Vertical games.
It works...
Usually I start Space invaders first.
This is then equal in the vertical alignment.
Then I go back out and launch Raiden IV.
For me, it's vertical.

F:\Raiden iv\TypeXmulti\ <- (Optional) This is where you would place a "config.ini" file which can be used to set certain options for a game.

I'm trying to isolate an issue.

On my setup, the GPU, HDD/SSD and memory has been upgraded to recommendation, but not the CPU (yes, I'm sure this is the answer, but I'll continue). I'm also using a Sega JVS I/O 837-13551.
Everything on my multi works with minimal slowdown except the "CPS-2" games, such as HSFII, VS, and SFA3, which all come to a crawl. The only games outright not working are SSFIV and Ultra Street Fighter, but SFIV is fine.

So is it the Celeron 3.2Ghz CPU? I do plan on changing this out soon, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen issues with these games, possibly with this I/O, or possibly with a Samsung SSD.

Admittedly, my only apprehension so far is changing the CPU, because I've never done it before with a computer. Seems simple enough, though.

Hey!

I burned the TypeX2 (v2) multi to a SSD and tried it in my Type X2, and with it connected, I get no video on startup. Burned it there with "HDD Raw Copy Tool" in windows.

Motherboard beeps 4-3-4-3 on startup, and then nothing.

Plugging back my original SF4 HDD and dongle and things work fine though...

Some questions:
- Any idea what would cause this? I have just burned the image with
- I assume that I don't need any dongle when plugging in the multi right? (I tried both with/without SF4 dongle)

Pics:
Not working with multi:
8wI6oI6r.jpg

With SF4:
SaxxjvC.jpg

Board specs:
1OQZfA6.jpg

Since it works fine with SF IV, I think it’s likely the SSD with Niko’s image giving you the problem. Are you including games with the image? I don’t remember if the menu loads without any games.

You can always try the Tetris image on here to get started, and see how the file structure should be on the SSD, as well.

Relabeling my X2 multi ssds

What do you think?

Attachments

• 2020-03-12_3-01-44.jpg
    2020-03-12_3-01-44.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 2020-03-12_3-01-11.jpg
    2020-03-12_3-01-11.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 2020-03-12_3-02-27.jpg
    2020-03-12_3-02-27.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 237