What's new
Having an issue with my taito x2 if I have the I/O unplugged I get the cannot find I/O message. With it plugged in it gets to boot window then crashes to black screen. Is this a video card problem or should I try to reimage the SDD? Maybe something got messed up? Before this the fmv was slowing down/freezing. My best guess is a video card.. thanks for any input

tried with capcom io and sega io

Last edited:
Having an issue with my taito x2 if I have the I/O unplugged I get the cannot find I/O message. With it plugged in it gets to boot window then crashes to black screen. Is this a video card problem or should I try to reimage the SDD? Maybe something got messed up? Before this the fmv was slowing down/freezing. My best guess is a video card.. thanks for any input

tried with capcom io and sega io
Had something similar after swapping to the new 2.0 image on a SSD. Reimaged like 5 times but in the end it was something more basic. I pulled the Taito out of the cabinet and redid every connection, reseated memory, checked cables for sharp bends everything. After which it got put back together and it worked (with every disk I threw at it).

I've also had something like that.
Reimaged the disk and then it worked.

Yea I used that but I have 2 taito x2 set ups so I cloned one sdd I’ll reimage it today and try that out. I’ll report back soon as I try a direct image I also have an extra video card but Ill try reimaging 1st. Thanks for the feedback :D

You might try a different SSD/HDD just to rule that out. Also ensure the SATA cable and power cable are fully and securely attached to the drive and motherboard.

Typically when the graphics card goes out, you'll get some artifacting and or windows BSOD.

I've tried running MAME through a USB stick formatted in FAT32, but no matter what I've tried with the file structure, I keep getting an error on the X2 saying no USB is detected.

Any ideas what the structure should look like on root? I've tried following the directions on the first post, but no luck.

I've also read several topics on here that say contradictory things about MAME working through USB, so if I'm chasing something that doesn't work, let me know that too.

I've tried running MAME through a USB stick formatted in FAT32, but no matter what I've tried with the file structure, I keep getting an error on the X2 saying no USB is detected.

Any ideas what the structure should look like on root? I've tried following the directions on the first post, but no luck.

I've also read several topics on here that say contradictory things about MAME working through USB, so if I'm chasing something that doesn't work, let me know that too.
The multi looks for a "game.exe" file on the root of the thumb drive, if it doesnt find one it will throw that error.

So whatever executable you're trying to launch needs to be named "game.exe" and reside on the root of the thumb drive.

Thanks. I’ll give it another shot, and format my stick again for good measure.

You might try a different SSD/HDD just to rule that out. Also ensure the SATA cable and power cable are fully and securely attached to the drive and motherboard.

Typically when the graphics card goes out, you'll get some artifacting and or windows BSOD.
Definitely a SSD issue tried to reimage swapped them out with a known working board same thing. SSD was brand new worked for a few hours.. guess I’ll pick up another not sure formatting and reimaging will help? Should have stuck with Samsung hate HP crap..

Got another sdd Samsung evo 860 imaged it plugged it back in to the pc said there was something the matter with the F drive asked to repair it. Repaired it works great. Not sure looks like F stores settings? So probably got messed up some how but it’s working now. Thanks for the input

Nothing doing on this generic USB stick, even with game.exe on the root. I've formatted with FAT32 and NTFS. Just drag and drop, right?

Hi everyone. hope all are healthy. i was wondering if anyone can message me the link to the torrent. thank you.

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the forum but feel like I've been here ages as its taken me a couple of weeks to read through the 118 pages, Its amazing that the same members are still here and active after 4 years, I've just a few questions if you don't mind, I bought a naomi universal cabinet in November of last year and started to restore it, it came with a net dimm and a taito tx2 multi disk, but its only this last couple of weeks I've been able to try it out, the naomi games are good but I was blown away by the tx2 games, the setup I've got all seem to play perfectly fine but I just wanted to check with you guys if I'm missing anything special with the update, I've attached photos of the one I've got which is the 1.4 final, only thing I've tried since reading through is that if I change jumper 2 to on it should go into a higher res, as some of the games seem to play in letterbox I thought id give it a try, however the menu system then goes weird so I switched it off again, am I better off leaving it as is and just enjoy the games or try to upgrade to the latest, also I noticed everyone states using ssd, but when I had a look mines just using a standard sata drive with no noticeable issues.

Thank you for such a great piece of work which I'm really enjoying :D

Attachments

• IMG_0712b.JPG
    IMG_0712b.JPG
    381.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0714b.JPG
    IMG_0714b.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0715b.JPG
    IMG_0715b.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0716b.JPG
    IMG_0716b.JPG
    589.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_E0713b.JPG
    IMG_E0713b.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 152
if you have a Naomi the hires 720p is not for you that’s for an LCD cab like the Vewlix, also there is a new version of the multi which I think is called V2, it’s great that’s the one you want.

Having the same setup, I agree, the cabinet can only do 480p, so don’t try it with the 720p dip. It’s actually pretty satisfying to use the Universal with both NAOMI and TTx2 setups.

The SSD isn’t necessary, but I figure why not to help with loading. The thing is quick! Make sure yours has the RAM and CPU upgrades, though.

Why the CPU upgrade? My assumption is the P4 is still the fastest single thread CPU and the other supported dual/quad CPU’s have slower single cores.
From what I know TTX stuff runs on a single core so more a step back I would say.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise or correct me of course :)

Why the CPU upgrade? My assumption is the P4 is still the fastest single thread CPU and the other supported dual/quad CPU’s have slower single cores.
From what I know TTX stuff runs on a single core so more a step back I would say.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise or correct me of course :)
That's the general consensus I have heard for TTX2 games as well. From my own experience happy with the P4 and TTX2 games. I haven't tried mame or adding any other games outside of TTX2 stuff so can't comment on that.

thanks for the replies, at least I know there's nothing wrong with the setup then and ill just leave the dip switch to off, just didn't know if that was why some games were in letterbox and some full screen, at least my favourite so far (kof maximum impact) is in full screen and I love it, the games boot up pretty quick as they are but I might buy a ssd and try the latest version, would you say the game list looks complete?

Back