What's new
thanks for the replies, at least I know there's nothing wrong with the setup then and ill just leave the dip switch to off, just didn't know if that was why some games were in letterbox and some full screen, at least my favourite so far (kof maximum impact) is in full screen and I love it, the games boot up pretty quick as they are but I might buy a ssd and try the latest version, would you say the game list looks complete?
I just sent you a PM :thumbup:

Why the CPU upgrade? My assumption is the P4 is still the fastest single thread CPU and the other supported dual/quad CPU’s have slower single cores.
From what I know TTX stuff runs on a single core so more a step back I would say.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise or correct me of course :)
Well, I had a worse spec CPU, so upgrades may be needed for that and the GPU if not already done.

Edit sorry not even same person, my bad!

P4 3.4 is what I got, same model TTX2 as yours.

I have an older vesion, not sure which. Anyway so there is a torrent out there with all the games and the newest version of this? Can someone PM me the link? Also I'm unsure what processor and how much memory I have. Does it make a difference in how the games actually run or does it just speed up loading? I don't really mind longer loading times but having the games run as well as possible usually motivates me to upgrade stuff. Also quick quesion. I have it connected DVI to DVI but the best way is DVI to VGA adapter and connect the monitor to the VGA input right? Can anyone tell me which games this is relevant for?

Why the CPU upgrade? My assumption is the P4 is still the fastest single thread CPU and the other supported dual/quad CPU’s have slower single cores.
From what I know TTX stuff runs on a single core so more a step back I would say.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise or correct me of course :)
Well, I had a worse spec CPU, so upgrades may be needed for that and the GPU if not already done.
Yes in that case of course ;)
But looking at @Horris his pics he already has the P4 3.4GHz and 7900 GPU + 1GB RAM

Not sure if upgrading to 2GB RAM would even make a difference, but it is cheap so always worth a shot!

Biggest upgrade for him would be an SSD and throw in some more silent fans :D

I think it’s been said here the RAM upgrade will help more with Mame, but yeah, why not max to 4gb?

I have it connected DVI to DVI but the best way is DVI to VGA adapter and connect the monitor to the VGA input right? Can anyone tell me which games this is relevant for?
Connect it however you can to your monitor. If DVI is there use DVI, but with me using a NAOMI Universal cab, I have to go with DVI to VGA. VGA can do widescreen if that’s what you mean.

I have it in a vewlix cab. I thought there were a few games that don't work so great dvi to dvi, but maybe I'm just not remembering right. this is a long thread!

I have it connected DVI to DVI but the best way is DVI to VGA adapter and connect the monitor to the VGA input right? Can anyone tell me which games this is relevant for?
Connect it however you can to your monitor. If DVI is there use DVI, but with me using a NAOMI Universal cab, I have to go with DVI to VGA. VGA can do widescreen if that’s what you mean.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-4-340GHz-vs-Intel-Core2-X6800/m293vsm8640

the reason the core2 x6800 is faster is that it has additional instruction set (SSE4) , 4mb L2 Cache (2mb on P4) and a faster bus speed 1066mhz vs P4 at 800mhz . the set is a multimedia instruction set which would help with graphics/playing video game/videos. also build on smaller technology the core 2 x6800 (65nm) runs much cooler then the pentium 4 (90nm)

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...technology-2m-cache-3-40-ghz-800-mhz-fsb.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...sor-x6800-4m-cache-2-93-ghz-1066-mhz-fsb.html

its not always about raw speed as much as "can the same amount of data can be process needing less clock cycles". the additional instruction set (SSE4) and the extra 2mb cache makes a big difference in this area (the cache can act as a scratch pad to crunch data in less clock cycles). also major factor is how fast this data is used across the data bus the faster speed (data bus at 1066mhz vs 800mhz) allows the video card to get more updates in a shorter amount of time.

one of the benefits i have seen running a x6800 is there are no frame skipping issues. this can be coming from the faster bus speed. however i run 4gb of ram. the problem here is only 3.25gb of ram (property of windows xp) is allocated to the cpu. the other .75gb is allocated to the graphics processing.

Nice info @rocket!

can the X2 utilize the extra instruction set and bandwidth? Assuming you would need to install 1066 instead of 800 RAM as well and set this speed in the Bios?

the instruction set yes. i dont have a great way to explain this, but it goes back to the chicken and the egg thing. a lot of the instruction sets are designed around older code for to make it more efficient. and then once you have a new instruction set new code is designed around the new instruction set.

i am confident the motherboard is itox. i just didnt pull the right motherboard.
http://www.dfi-itox.com/pages/support/mbd/7b330/G7B330-B_I94150031.pdf

ram is limited to 800mhz
pcie 16x is running at the 1066mhz (max)

if your going to get a bandwidth gain it will be at the video card

Manual reference:
notes to remember. award bios was bought by phoenix bios (technologies)

Last edited:
I have an older vesion, not sure which. Anyway so there is a torrent out there with all the games and the newest version of this? Can someone PM me the link? Also I'm unsure what processor and how much memory I have. Does it make a difference in how the games actually run or does it just speed up loading? I don't really mind longer loading times but having the games run as well as possible usually motivates me to upgrade stuff. Also quick quesion. I have it connected DVI to DVI but the best way is DVI to VGA adapter and connect the monitor to the VGA input right? Can anyone tell me which games this is relevant for?
@Geddon I'll send you a PM about the torrent. Some of the games will require atleast 1GB of ram.

You need to have the X2 connected with VGA using a DVI-I to VGA adapter. Some of the games want to read the EDID info from the monitor and will cause problems if they cannot.

Probably the only real benefit you get from upgrading to Core 2 is less heat (and lower power draw, IIRC).

can the X2 utilize the extra instruction set
the instruction set yes. i dont have a great way to explain this, but it goes back to the chicken and the egg thing. a lot of the instruction sets are designed around older code for to make it more efficient. and then once you have a new instruction set new code is designed around the new instruction set.
Just to clarify, this would depend on how an application was compiled. But none of the X/X2 games would take advantage of a new instruction set.

so is the problem the vewlix monitor doesn't always send EDID through the DVI connection, but it does through VGA? Do you know which games off hand?

@Geddon I'll send you a PM about the torrent. Some of the games will require atleast 1GB of ram.

You need to have the X2 connected with VGA using a DVI-I to VGA adapter. Some of the games want to read the EDID info from the monitor and will cause problems if they cannot.

it is probably in here somewhere but is there no version of ultra street fighter 4 where 2 players can play on the same cab? Or it is an option? I’m pretty sure it isn’t an option on all the versions. I’ll try later if I get version 2 of the multi running.

Last edited:
so is the problem the vewlix monitor doesn't always send EDID through the DVI connection, but it does through VGA? Do you know which games off hand?

I think the problem is that the video card is only able to read EDID via analogue communication with the monitor.

I cant remember all the games off hand. If you have any issues with certain games only running in 480p or not running at all, this is likely the problem.

Cool. I never got around to testing all the games on the old version so I plan to do that with this new version. I found a 500 gb ssd I was not using currently doing the hdd copy. So hopefully I will be messing around with this in a bit. Mine is the p4 3.4ghz, 1 gig of ram, 7900gs, so i should be good to go.

The Taito Type x2 games look good on a tri sync monitor. also I have a Capcom Q25 15k and i play the X2 system on it using a Universal Video Converter. it looks good in my opinion. also in case anyone is interested im using a Capcom i/o board.

"Dip Switch #2 to ON will enable 720p Video Output; setting Dip Switch #2 to OFF will enable 480p output. The Type X2 only outputs 31khz video; older monitors which only display 15khz/24khz video will require a VGA to CGA converter."

Hmm, so what does it do for 4:3? You just get a bit less horizontal space? I have an Xbox 360 in a mk cab with a multi sync monitor to play mk9 and I think I run it 800x600 or 1024x768, not sure, but it is playable but it is a little strange compared to playing it widescreen. I’m going to toss my mk2 and umk3 boards back into it because I never really play the modern mk games and think I will play the old ones if I do. I think widescreen is the way to go for any games that actually support it but 4:3 can work for some stuff.

Back