What's new
New multi looks pretty sweet! Very responsive, cool options and game video preview. Enjoying this very much.

How do I set vertical games to vertical monitor orientation? Can’t find it in the multi or game settings like Raiden.
Yeah, you can shoot the game on Vertical.

You must enter "Vertical=1" in the game ini.

After that the game should be in Vertical.
It can happen that the game is still in horizontal position at the first start.
Then start another game that is in vertical, get out of the game and start your game.

Why this is so I do not know unfortunately also.

Yeah, you can shoot the game on Vertical.

You must enter "Vertical=1" in the game ini.

After that the game should be in Vertical.
It can happen that the game is still in horizontal position at the first start.
Then start another game that is in vertical, get out of the game and start your game.

Why this is so I do not know unfortunately also.
thanks!

For spica adventure can anyone help me navigate to the option to disable or half the demo sound? My 10 year old plays this game a lot so I’ve been leaving the cab on with that game running. Would be cool if there was a translation for all the test menus. Anyone have that? And can you change them to English? I tried google translate pointing my phone at the screen but it was still mostly gibberish unfortunately. Eventually I’ll have a volume knob on the outside of the cab. I’m doing that with all my cabs.

For spica adventure can anyone help me navigate to the option to disable or half the demo sound? My 10 year old plays this game a lot so I’ve been leaving the cab on with that game running. Would be cool if there was a translation for all the test menus. Anyone have that? And can you change them to English? I tried google translate pointing my phone at the screen but it was still mostly gibberish unfortunately. Eventually I’ll have a volume knob on the outside of the cab. I’m doing that with all my cabs.
I always use Google Lens with great results. I do see a few variants of translation before settling so a steady hand works best.

You mean the attract sound right? Let me check if I can make something of the auto translation gibberish.

I always use Google Lens with great results. I do see a few variants of translation before settling so a steady hand works best.
You mean the attract sound right? Let me check if I can make something of the auto translation gibberish.
I thought I tried that one, but maybe not. I tried at least 3 different apps that did this but none of them worked well. I Can give that one a shot later. Yeah it seems usually there is an option to get rid of the attract sound or cut the volume in half. either of those options would work great for me.

I've had good results with the Translate app. Sometimes it tries reading text vertically, but you can mask stuff off with some paper. Go one line at a time, and you'll eventually find it.

Hello I just install a niko multi 2.0 on my vewlix but resolution are bad and image look like was on 640x480 4/3 I have other multi in the other vewlix and resolution is completely diferent are there any way to change resolution on Niko multi . Y use dip switch 2 to on as should be 720p output but do not work

Sorry it took a while.

In test menu, select 3rd option (Sound settings) dan go to BGM, select level, than last option to return to previous menu and select the left option to save your settings. Same goes to exit the test menu, last option and select the left option to save again.

Hop it helps

Sorry it took a while.
In test menu, select 3rd option (Sound settings) dan go to BGM, select level, than last option to return to previous menu and select the left option to save your settings. Same goes to exit the test menu, last option and select the left option to save again.

Hop it helps
Cool. Which app are you using again for translating?

Sorry it took a while.In test menu, select 3rd option (Sound settings) dan go to BGM, select level, than last option to return to previous menu and select the left option to save your settings. Same goes to exit the test menu, last option and select the left option to save again.

Hop it helps
Cool. Which app are you using again for translating?
Google Lens with the language option.

I have a situation with the taito x2 display . When i connect the vga cable with the dvi conector on the 2nd slot of the card the multi works but if i put it in port 1 the bios and the taito type x2 logo shows but when the multi loads up i can hear the videos and everything but there’s no video signal at all.

i flash 2 cards thinking that the no 720 p resolution problem on nikos multi was that, but the multi still in 480p
4/3 resolution anybody have this problem?

i test all. weird thing is i have 3 taito type x2 system 1 work perfet, the one whit the jvs card small and not pci conector.
the other 2 have biger jvs card and is conected to the pci slot and have 8 dip switch instead 5 like the others.

need some help whit that.

here is the one working in 720p jvs board no pci and 5 dip switch

here is the one not working in 720p pci conector and 8 dip switch seting version

TSo what is the problem? use the port that works
The problem is i have the taito x2 setup with two separate monitors for two separate players .

i flash 2 cards thinking that the no 720 p resolution problem on nikos multi was that, but the multi still in 480p

i test all. weird thing is i have 3 taito type x2 system 1 work perfet, the one whit the jvs card small and not pci conector.
the other 2 have biger jvs card and is conected to the pci slot and have 8 dip switch instead 5 like the others.

here is the one not working in 720p pci conector and 8 dip switch seting version

The issue is most likely going to be that the Multi and games cannot read the dip settings from that JVS board with the PCI connector.

Basically, its not compatible :/

TSo what is the problem? use the port that works
The problem is i have the taito x2 setup with two separate monitors for two separate players .
In this setup you need to use a VGA splitter, trying to connect two monitors to a single X2 is not correct.

The issue is most likely going to be that the Multi and games cannot read the dip settings from that JVS board with the PCI connector.
Basically, its not compatible :/

are there any solution or just find the small board and buy?????

I have a situation with the taito x2 display . When i connect the vga cable with the dvi conector on the 2nd slot of the card the multi works but if i put it in port 1 the bios and the taito type x2 logo shows but when the multi loads up i can hear the videos and everything but there’s no video signal at all.
To confirm I also had this issue.

My monitor was connected to the rightmost DVI socket. My X2 came with the DVI to VGA converter already attached to this socket, so that’s what I’d always used. It worked fine in this socket with v1.4, but not with v2.0.

I also found that using the other socket (the leftmost one) gives me no issues.

So what is the problem? use the port that works.
Not the answer. It certainly was a problem for me initially, as I’d recently had my monitor chassis repaired. I’d reassembled everything and tested a 15KHz source, and all was well.

I used my X2 to test 31KHz and got a black screen after the initial POST boot logo. My first thought was that I may have had an issue with my monitor’s ability to display a 31KHz signal.

I’d updated my X2 while I was waiting for my chassis board to be repaired, so it was something of a coincidental series of events, but it wasn’t until after rechecking my chassis wiring that I decided to try the other DVI socket on the X2. Lo and behold, it worked fine - but then I had a thought that maybe my X2 graphics card had developed a fault.

So yes, this is a valid workaround. I’m pleased in some respects that it’s now documented, and not just an issue only I’m experiencing. ;) However, something clearly has changed between v1.4 and v2.0 that has caused an issue where there previously wasn’t one.

Hi,

I've have a quick question.
I've just restored Multi 2.0 on my SSD, my dipswitch 2 is set to ON (720p), but the menu of the multi keep displaying 640x480 when games are working in 1280.
Did I miss something ?

EDIT: I've discovered as well that some games refused to launch (raiden 3 / 4) and others are launched with a strange display (Ikaruga)
If I set dipswitch #2 to off, everything works fine in 640x480

IMG_20200502_142213.jpg
IMG_20200502_142230.jpg

Last edited:
wich kind of jvs io u have inside ur taito type? the one wgit 5 dip switch or the one whi 8 dip switch

Back