What's new
Hi,

I've have a quick question.
I've just restored Multi 2.0 on my SSD, my dipswitch 2 is set to ON (720p), but the menu of the multi keep displaying 640x480 when games are working in 1280.
Did I miss something ?

EDIT: I've discovered as well that some games refused to launch (raiden 3 / 4) and others are launched with a strange display (Ikaruga)
If I set dipswitch #2 to off, everything works fine in 640x480

IMG_20200502_142213.jpg
IMG_20200502_142230.jpg
You have the Elsa 979 / 7900GS GPU correct?

It's a MSI 7900GT 512MB which I've flashed following the guide available in this forum.

Make sure your monitor is connected via VGA using a DVI-I to VGA adapter.

otherwise maybe your drive or image is corrupted.

Good hint. It indeed may come from my cable.
It doesn't come from the multi as the same system works fine on my old 4/3 Benq monitor.
My new monitor just have DVI and HDMI inputs.
Could a DVI-I to HDMI work ?
Or should I use a DVI-I to DVI-I cable ?
Is it a DVI-I single or dual link cable that I need ?
(I have by the way the same question for my RE2 system)

Hmm you can try just a DVI-I cable. Problem is the system/games want to read the EDID information from the monitor, and it uses the analogue pins to do that.

Ok, thanks. I will have to buy one on Amazon. I'll let you know.
Is it the same thing with RE2 ? Do I need a DVI-I to DVI-I cable ?

Hmm you can try just a DVI-I cable. Problem is the system/games want to read the EDID information from the monitor, and it uses the analogue pins to do that.
I'm a bit lost with all these DVI cables.
What should I take: a DVI 24+1 ? DVI 24+5 ?

I'm a bit lost with all these DVI cables.What should I take: a DVI 24+1 ? DVI 24+5 ?
The DVI 24+5 is Dual link and isn't needed for it to work

Thanks guys. I will try to find a DVI-I to DVI-I 18+4 single link cable on Amazon.

I became a new owner of a Taito type x2 multi and just wondering how to get some of the games to work on the multi. I have been having issues with rumble fish 2(controls don't respond), trouble witches amalgami no joutachi(same as rumble fish 2), akai katana( freezes), daemon bride won't leave the boot screen. I am using a capcom I/O board along with a supergun for this setup. Any help would be appreciated.

I became a new owner of a Taito type x2 multi and just wondering how to get some of the games to work on the multi. I have been having issues with rumble fish 2(controls don't respond), trouble witches amalgami no joutachi(same as rumble fish 2), akai katana( freezes), daemon bride won't leave the boot screen. I am using a capcom I/O board along with a supergun for this setup. Any help would be appreciated.
What version of the multi?

It is on ver. 1.4 Final. Although I got this Taito Type x2 already pre-installed with an SSD. Just to give some extra background. Thank you

Just flashed a new SSD with the multi today, and everything works more or less perfectly so far, fantastic work! A few questions:

1:Has anyone compiled a list of the games currently working with v2.0?

2: Is said list available as a package compiled and ready to go by some dastardly pirate somewhere? I worry that the games that aren't working is because of my versions of them rather than anything else. A site to visit or a phrase to google...? Thanks Niko!

3: What is the best recommendation for MAME using this multi? How about C64 or other older stuff...? I have fond memories of playing Wizball on the Arcademodbios TTX1 multi. I even got an Amiga emu to work on it, briefly, back in the day, but the setup was more work than it was worth...

Much obliged for any answers!

Last edited:
Hi,

using 1.4 final (I have not updated to the new 2.0 yet), is there a way to tell the ttx2 multi to run a game horizontally or vertically and to force it?

thanks!

Hi,

using 1.4 final (I have not updated to the new 2.0 yet), is there a way to tell the ttx2 multi to run a game horizontally or vertically and to force it?

thanks!
Usually you press the test menu via supergun and/or Cab(depending on your set up and change via the settings there. Although from the games I have tested it will just invert to either right or left or up or down. You cannot(at least from what I tested) put a vertical game to horizontal and vice versa.

Hi,

thanks!
Usually you press the test menu via supergun and/or Cab(depending on your set up and change via the settings there. Although from the games I have tested it will just invert to either right or left or up or down. You cannot(at least from what I tested) put a vertical game to horizontal and vice versa.
Thank you, I found nothing on the test menu of the game I am trying to rotate the image related to this. I'll have a second look.

I just ran into an odd problem (well, odd for me since I don't know stuff):

I've been testing out the Multi on my Net City cab, and it's been working like dream (still slamming my head against the wall that is "getting the controls to work" on DeathSmiles2, but I'll get there eventually...). I've also installed and played around with MAME, and just generally having a blast.

But! Today I decided to move the TTX2 from my garage (where the Net City is) to the house, where I have a two-player G-Balance cabinet that the kids and I have played Naomi on. I hook up the TTX2 and... half the games won't work. SFIV tells me there is a JVS error, as does several of the KoF's, and weirdest of all, when I go into MAME (using SjLewsi78 and Dreygor's pack) the whole cabinet becomes totally unresponsive (kinda like Deathsmiles, come to think of it). The games that do work, work perfectly fine.

Just to check I wasn't going crazy, I tried it again in the Net City, and sure enough, everything works in there.

So, could it be the JVS I/O in my G-balance? It's an odd beast that outputs to Jamma as well...

Last edited:
Back