What's new
v2.0 supports in memory patching. No need to modify the game executable directly.

Code:
#Comment
<offset>;<byte to write>
Take a look at some of the included game patch.ini files for examples.
Offset : Do I have to specify memory addresses where the patch is applied in RAM ?
No, only the offset relative to the binary.

For example, If you were going to patch a jump instruction ( JE to JNE ) at offset 0x123456 in the game's executable then it would look like this

Code:
#Patch online check
123456;75

Thanks all. I was able to figure it out by posting my question on here. I ended up re-wiring my harness and there was a cross connection between my 1P SW1 and 1P SW3. After testing continuity, these two switches ended up being connected.

My Multi 1.4 works again.

However, I did find that when I loaded 2.0, none of the controls registered. Not sure what I'm missing but if my harness and JVS works with 1.4, were mappings changed in 2.0? The changelog did not mention map changes that I am aware of.
i have the same problem with 2.0 , my controller doesnt work in list game menu. can someone give me a link for 1.4 version? thanks a lot!
help guys :((

I've launched KoFXIII Climax with my supergun and got "Coin Error"message. As my supergun does not own mechanical coin entry, is there a setting to add to config.ini like "IOErrorCoin" to avoid this error ?

KoFXIII checks coin#2 so you would have to wire a resistor on the pins for coinmeter 2 to simulate a coin meter.

100ohm should do the trick

I've launched KoFXIII Climax with my supergun and got "Coin Error"message. As my supergun does not own mechanical coin entry, is there a setting to add to config.ini like "IOErrorCoin" to avoid this error ?
you need to supply 5V through a resistor the coin counter pin. a lot of games will throw this error if there is no coin counter detected.

EDIT: PascalP beat me to it!

KoFXIII checks coin#2 so you would have to wire a resistor on the pins for coinmeter 2 to simulate a coin meter.

100ohm should do the trick
I read that @arcadeotaku, but I'm not looking for a mechanical solution, maybe config.ini could manage it.

Like this. Full res image should be on the AGS website somewhere;

Attachments

• 4054C590-CBB1-4427-86A5-3FD341DD8075.jpeg
    4054C590-CBB1-4427-86A5-3FD341DD8075.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 219
I read that @arcadeotaku, but I'm not looking for a mechanical solution, maybe config.ini could manage it.
There is no config solution. The JVS IO reports the missing meter in the JVS stream and the game reacts to it.

No mechanical or .ini-based solution necessary if you just use a Sega Rev. B I/O. No coin issues with any games when using this JVS I/O and no need to install the resistor(s). Not sure if it's convenient with your particular setup, but I'd definitely recommend using the Rev. B with Niko's multi.

No mechanical or .ini-based solution necessary if you just use a Sega Rev. B I/O. No coin issues with any games when using this JVS I/O and no need to install the resistor(s). Not sure if it's convenient with your particular setup, but I'd definitely recommend using the Rev. B with Niko's multi.
I use Sega all-in-one 610-0598 JVS converter IO board with Vega Jr. supergun.

For example, If you were going to patch a jump instruction ( JE to JNE ) at offset 0x123456 in the game's executable then it would look like this

#Patch online check
123456;75
@Niko for some reason I can't get it to work with Samurai Spirits Sen. I was trying to enable blood, but when I launch the game, it very briefly says "Failed to write game process memory!" "Game patching failed!" and goes right back to the game selection screen. My patch.ini looks like this:

#Enable Blood
F649E;90
F64A2;FF
F6E24;73
F6E25;76
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

#Patch online check
123456;75
@Niko for some reason I can't get it to work with Samurai Spirits Sen. I was trying to enable blood, but when I launch the game, it very briefly says "Failed to write game process memory!" "Game patching failed!" and goes right back to the game selection screen. My patch.ini looks like this:
#Enable Blood
F649E;90
F64A2;FF
F6E24;73
F6E25;76
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Let me take a look at that one.

Also I should have mentioned that my in memory patcher is only really designed to patch within the ".TEXT" or code segment of the executable. It is possible to patch outside of this area but you have to calculate the offset based on where the particular segment is loaded into memory.

So for noobs like me, who'd find calculating the offset a little bit daunting, it would be easier to just modify the game.exe directly, right?

Isn't blood in Sen enabled with just a config file ?
Well, the patch I found claims to enable blood, as well as change the language to english. And since the instructions that came with it were just a garbled mess, I just assumed that the included config file was for enabling english text, but it could just as well have been for enabling blood.

EDIT: I just tried two things: 1. just adding the config.bin does nothing. 2. editing the game.exe with the offsets from the patch.ini and and having the config.bin in place, does enable blood, but also slows down the gameplay considerably. IMHO it's ultimately not worth it.

Last edited:
This config.bin will enable blood on the Japanese version.

Attachments

• sss_japan_blood.rar
    168 bytes · Views: 236
Does not work for me on an unmodified game.exe. But it does when the game.exe is hex edited with the above offsets.
The config.bin is supposed to go here: game partition/samurai spirits sen/game/sv or some place else?

So for noobs like me, who'd find calculating the offset a little bit daunting, it would be easier to just modify the game.exe directly, right?
I'm not sure thats what your issue is ( I havent had a chance to look yet. ), but if it is, then yes. Patching the game's executable directly would be easier.

Does not work for me on an unmodified game.exe. But it does when the game.exe is hex edited with the above offsets.
The config.bin is supposed to go here: game partition/samurai spirits sen/game/sv or some place else?
On an unmodified game, the bin is loaded from the D:\ drive.

The "sv" folder thing is a patch.

OK, it's working now, with full speed. Putting the config.bin on the D:\ drive did the trick. Thank you Niko!

Back