What's new
Hello (and sorry for my english!)

I have 3 different types of JVS cards, do you have more information than this article ?
Thanks

DIP Switches (http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Type_X²)
Setting Dip Switch #2 to ON will enable 720p Video Output; setting Dip Switch #2 to OFF will enable 480p output. The Type X2 only outputs 31khz video; older monitors which only display 15khz/24khz video will require a VGA to CGA converter.
Setting Dip Switch #4 to ON will enable the Automatic Update System and an attempt to search for the update server. If the update server is not present and the search unsuccessful it shall reset and continue to search a number of times before accepting there is no route to the update server, cancelling, then booting to the game as normal. Setting Dip Switch #4 to OFF will disable the Automatic Update System and the search for the update server. When turning Dip #4 back to OFF for the first time after having it toggled ON it shall display the update screen one final time

Hello (and sorry for my english!)I have 3 different types of JVS cards, do you have more information than this article ?ThanksDIP Switches (http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Type_X²)Setting Dip Switch #2 to ON will enable 720p Video Output; setting Dip Switch #2 to OFF will enable 480p output. The Type X2 only outputs 31khz video; older monitors which only display 15khz/24khz video will require a VGA to CGA converter. Setting Dip Switch #4 to ON will enable the Automatic Update System and an attempt to search for the update server. If the update server is not present and the search unsuccessful it shall reset and continue to search a number of times before accepting there is no route to the update server, cancelling, then booting to the game as normal. Setting Dip Switch #4 to OFF will disable the Automatic Update System and the search for the update server. When turning Dip #4 back to OFF for the first time after having it toggled ON it shall display the update screen one final time
the one with no dips is the 5 dip version with a thick black sticker over them. Grab something flat and pop that sucker off.

Hello guys

I bought type X2 212A model. 4 years ago.

There was Elsa Gladiac 998 GT SP gpu card default. After that i bought Joerg Multi HDD and he told me i have to change the card as 7900 GS . And i flash the bios.

With Niko's multi tool it is working cool.
But today i want to change other card ( elsa 998 GT sp). when i try to run any game, it is coming to multigame menu after 2-3 seconds later.

You can see the video that i uploaded it.

So now what should i do to work with Elsa 998 GT. I want to use this card bcs i know its more powerfull.

should i reflash the ghraphic cards back ? if is it yes how can i do that ? How can i find 998gt bios file
or should i update the driver in windows ?

Thanks for reply...

Last edited:
Niko's multi only supports the 7900GS (Elsa 797) at the moment ;)

Can a Taito Type X3 run Niko's multi? Just wondering.

Can a Taito Type X3 run Niko's multi? Just wondering.
Ditto. Wondering if getting a Type X3 would be the most future proof way to go when (if) nesica games ever become available.

No, my multi will not work with the TX3. These games and all the Nesica games where designed to be played on a TX2, with a 7900GS and 1GB of Ram. So thats what I recommend for the most "authentic" experience.

Alright. Good to know. TX3 was appealing because it had fast i/o standard.

Last edited:
No, my multi will not work with the TX3. These games and all the Nesica games where designed to be played on a TX2, with a 7900GS and 1GB of Ram. So thats what I recommend for the most "authentic" experience.
Does it give any added benefit to having more RAM or a better GPU on a TTX2?

No, the X2 games where developed and optimized for the 7900GS. More RAM, is never a bad thing. But to a certain point, it wont be used.

No, the X2 games where developed and optimized for the 7900GS. More RAM, is never a bad thing. But to a certain point, it wont be used.
Hello Niko

is there any way or any plan to work with 9800GT video card for multi ?
is it possible or not in the future
thanks...

Hey Guys,
I didn't follow this thread for a long time. I hope somebody can help me our with my questions.
I'm going to Japan in 2 Weeks and was planning of getting a X2 there. In before I get back from my vacation I want to prepare everything so I can start setting it up.
So most of the X2's in Japan come with 512MB Ram Equipped many with 7900GS which would be the right Graphic card.

I know it has probably been answered before but which Ram do I exactly need for the Upgrade?
DDR2 was it?
X1 and X2 Games will work on the multi?
Niko Multi also Supports Examu Games? Will this work on the fly, or are there special files needed?
Are there any Guides of Setting up everything up already?
Somewhere I read that there was a version of the Multi already loaded with Games?
Is this file still available?

Cheers!

Hello Niko
is there any way or any plan to work with 9800GT video card for multi ?
is it possible or not in the future
thanks...
I currently do not have any plans to make a multi for the 9800GT. Its too easy/cheap to just swap it out for a 7900GS which 99% of the X2 games where designed for.

Hey Guys,
I didn't follow this thread for a long time. I hope somebody can help me our with my questions.
I'm going to Japan in 2 Weeks and was planning of getting a X2 there. In before I get back from my vacation I want to prepare everything so I can start setting it up.
So most of the X2's in Japan come with 512MB Ram Equipped many with 7900GS which would be the right Graphic card.

I know it has probably been answered before but which Ram do I exactly need for the Upgrade?
DDR2 was it?
Niko Multi also Supports Examu Games? Will this work on the fly, or are there special files needed?
Somewhere I read that there was a version of the Multi already loaded with Games?

Cheers!
You want DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM.

X1 and X2 games will work on the multi, but I only "officially" support X2 games. Some X1 games have slight graphical glitches when played on an X2, nothing game breaking though.

I did port the Examu games to my multi, but you will need the versions setup to run on my multi.

There was a torrent at one point of time, but its pretty old at this point. I need to create a new one. Now that there are some new games, I will do that. So stay tuned.

Hey Guys,

DDR2 was it?

Cheers!
You want DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM.
X1 and X2 games will work on the multi, but I only "officially" support X2 games. Some X1 games have slight graphical glitches when played on an X2, nothing game breaking though.

I did port the Examu games to my multi, but you will need the versions setup to run on my multi.

There was a torrent at one point of time, but its pretty old at this point. I need to create a new one. Now that there are some new games, I will do that. So stay tuned.
The torrent is still up you just got to be patient.

Wow! I cant wait to build my own multigame ssd. I bought one of the "original" ones and it is slowly dying so can't wait to play KOF XIII again.

Hey Guys,I didn't follow this thread for a long time. I hope somebody can help me our with my questions.I'm going to Japan in 2 Weeks and was planning of getting a X2 there. In before I get back from my vacation I want to prepare everything so I can start setting it up.So most of the X2's in Japan come with 512MB Ram Equipped many with 7900GS which would be the right Graphic card.

One of my TX2 Multis, was originally a Satellite device with Celeron Processor, X1300LE graphic card and so on.. i bought it for 100$ in Japan

In the end is simply a PC with Q965 Chipset, special BIOS, and some special hardware (JVS card).. so you can always upgrade "every" TX2 to a P4 + 7900GS + 1GB configuration..

Thank you Guys. :thumbsup:

I think I will get 256GB SSD along with the Ram.
I guess this should be enough.

Back