What's new
I agree it's a tough situation. However a shitty arcade op that doesn't want to pay Taito could already play these games on a standard PC with I-PAC or similar, so updating the multi shouldn't be considered damaging IMO.

Hopefully arcade ops in this day and age know they should pay for these games and keep the arcade scene alive.
In my opinion, this attitude is slightly wrong. I'm sure many operators would love to pay Taito if they were able. Taito has to make equipment available for this to be an option at all. Even if it wasn't super profitable, the option would have been worth it. You could totally just get a bunch of cabinets and charge by the hour and fill them all with consoles or I-PAC or whatever but it's not nearly as good and goes against the purpose of opening this kind of business in the first place. Here are the contents of 2 emails I received from Taito when I inquired about purchasing units for use in an arcade setting:
Hello MY REAL NAME,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Since we do not have them in stock, we need mass order to arrange the reproduction.
Technically Nesica x Live is not officially released, in the US.
As you know, it is working at Round 1 there, but it is still a location test.

At this point I inquired whether it would ever be possible to have the service outside of Round 1 in the US and if there was any place where news regarding their service could be readily attained in English and this is their response:

Hello MY REAL NAME,

Thanks for your reply.
There is a possibility to bring it to the US officially in the future, but nothing is certain for now.
That is all we can say.
Of course we would love to bring that service in the US, but there are still many problems to solve.
Licensing, networking, etc.
Nothing proceeds unless the result of Round 1 location test goes pretty well.
Hope this answer would help.

This is in the last few months. There is a distinct possibility that the service will never be made public in the US. It's also possible that even if they do make the service public, it will be prohibitively expensive for businesses that are not Round 1. There is a good reason why it costs about $2,000,000 to open a Round 1, and their prices definitely reflect it. There's a lot more to say about this, but it's outside the scope of the conversation I think.
This...Oh so much this.
Giving Taito money is not even an option for someone in the US. All they are doing right now is helping out round 1 with their monopoly on particular jap titles. This actually really pisses me off as its helping a japanese owned company hurt smaller US owned ones furthering the take over of businesses here by outside countries.
As far as I am concerned any pain taito gets from releases is a good thing.

How would you guys feel, if I went ahead and released the new multi, but didnt implement "coin" support for the Nesica games? I would implement coin support later in the future once Nesica was shutdown. Basically you would have to set all the games in "Free Play" until then.

How would you guys feel, if I went ahead and released the new multi, but didnt implement "coin" support for the Nesica games? I would implement coin support later in the future once Nesica was shutdown. Basically you would have to set all the games in "Free Play" until then.
That seems fair, provided it isn't easily worked around.

Would the new multi play all the old non-Nesica titles as well, Niko?

That. That right there, is actually a very smart idea.

It seems to me very well, not implement "coin" support for the Nesica
Thanks Niko for all the work

That seems fair, provided it isn't easily worked around.
Would the new multi play all the old non-Nesica titles as well, Niko?
Yep, and coin would work for all non Nesica titles. All Nesica games would be forced to "Free Play" and have the coin switch disabled.

Disabling coin support is a killer idea. I was going to throw that out there in my last post, but wasn't sure if it was possible.

Just in case there's any confusion: I'm pretty neutral to this as a whole. I'm not impatient, and support the decisions of the brains/talent that produce things that benefit me. So whatever Niko decides ultimately I support wholeheartedly...

..that being said if he could just release en-eins perfektiwelt for the multi like tomorrow I personally would be really happy and would have no problem waiting until whenever for the rest of the titles :D :D :D :D

Unpopular option: not adding Coins changes nothing, the people that want to bootleg and use it in a negative way already are So by not adding coins, you don't stop any one that wants to use this as a bootleg form using it

As of right now on that "thread" their is a Keyboard to fast io emulator if someone wanted to use coins that badly and fool people that can use the JVS to keyboard emulator that is open source and bind the entire thing to keyboard inputs.... that then gets translated into the fast io and boom you have coins working on a Real TTX2

Oh and doing it via this method even lets them bind exit keys easily since the real jvs is just a keyboard in windows at that point.

no the kb to fast io dosent have coins either.

This isnt to stop the bootleggers its to stop the people who will jump on the chance to have these games for free in their establishments and then charge people for it. also to curb the skillless people cashing in on the un-informed.

It would actually be very convenient for the arcades that charge for time rather than by the play. A lot of arcades do that already and put everything on free play. If you really want to screw over ops trying to operate them then force 20 coins per credit with no option to change. :P

Not perfect but definitely inconvenient.

It would actually be very convenient for the arcades that charge for time rather than by the play. A lot of arcades do that already and put everything on free play. If you really want to screw over ops trying to operate them then force 20 coins per credit with no option to change. :P

I actually laughed out loud. That's super funny. The problem is I only keep like 6 tokens on top of my machine. I would have to bend over and fish out all my tokens multiple times every time I got my dick kicked in playing Ikaruga or something and then still not get them all in in time to continue :(

Never fear. The timer usually resets at every coin drop on games.

no the kb to fast io dosent have coins either.

This isnt to stop the bootleggers its to stop the people who will jump on the chance to have these games for free in their establishments and then charge people for it. also to curb the skillless people cashing in on the un-informed.
I agreed with this statement.. the games are out and people are bootlegging it and nothing stops the internet.. I will support wherever decision is made by the brains that make the Taito Type X2 magic happen.. We have Steam versions of the games, We have Xbox 360 version of the games.. and now we can play the real games arcade versions on the PC.. Yes.. I can wait to play them on the Taito Type X2 hardware and on the Vewlix..take your time :thumbsup:

I actually laughed out loud. That's super funny. The problem is I only keep like 6 tokens on top of my machine. I would have to bend over and fish out all my tokens multiple times every time I got my dick kicked in playing Ikaruga or something and then still not get them all in in time to continue :(
After a few rounds of that I bet you'll be 1CC'ing that game in no time.

Back