What's new
I use a mac to download it before,I just download it again with a windows machine and its working now. :thumbsup:
I think it's really related to some corrupted file while download. Or relate to a mac....... not sure cause I use mac to try 3 times before using windows to do the job. ?(

its possible but also unlikely there is a filename no compatible with mac that could be getting changed during unpacking.
thats the only theory i have regarding it being a mac issue

more likely corruption while downloading though.

I think using windows is better, cause I always find some hidden file like ds_store when transfer file from mac to windows.
Those file may break something...~ ?(

And Corey how can I update from your frontend image file to niko 1.3 multi? thx a lot.~~ :thumbsup:

Is it possible to lower the amount of time it takes for the multi to auto start the selected favorite game? 99% of the time people just want to play 2 player super street fighter IV but they pick the wrong game from the list. Then ask why they can only play 1 player. Id like to change it to something less than a minute maybe 10 seconds. Just enough time for someone who knows what they are doing to select a different game.

Is it possible to lower the amount of time it takes for the multi to auto start the selected favorite game? 99% of the time people just want to play 2 player super street fighter IV but they pick the wrong game from the list. Then ask why they can only play 1 player. Id like to change it to something less than a minute maybe 10 seconds. Just enough time for someone who knows what they are doing to select a different game.
not really in the current version. The next version of the multi supports booting directly into a game from startup like a legit drive would.

I assume the next version is the one coming out with the Nesica games? Ive never wanted a company to stop supporting something more in my life. Oh well, like someone mentioned in another thread the longer nesica is supported the more games we will have when the new multi is released.

Not necessarily, they seem to be moving on to the newer TTX platforms, even BBCF has been transitioned to TTX3 (at least according to wikipedia.)

I'm not sure Taito will kill Nesica 1 anytime soon tbh. You may have to stick to some kind of N-1 release model for the still somewhat current games? But even that might be risky.

Yep, I've been putting in quite a bit of work on the new multi. Just got the FastIO to JVS driver working Yesterday. Which allows people who wish to use a FastIO setup to play all the original JVS only games.

The new BBCF ( BBCFv2) was launched on both NxL and NxL2. Taito is slowly transitioning over toward NxL2 but until they get some exclusives Ops wont bite.

Last edited:
So will the new multi work on the x2 with all games playable? USF4? I just want to be prepared for when it is released. Will it work with JVS or will FastIO be needed for some games?

So will the new multi work on the x2 with all games playable? USF4? I just want to be prepared for when it is released. Will it work with JVS or will FastIO be needed for some games?
Yep all games will be fully playable. Even USF4, with all 3 builds of the same version 1.05 without patching.

The multi and all games will work with either JVS or FastIO. The I/O is all 100% seamless. If you have a JVS I/O connected then the multi emulates RFID and converts JVS to FastIO automagically. If you have just a FastIO connected then the multi emulates the RFID reader and only converts FastIO to JVS for the JVS only games. If you connect an RFID reader then the multi lets the games talk directly to the card reader. If you have nothing connected to your X2, and your X2 is really just a box of Captain Crunch then the multi probably wont work.

Sounds like you have done a lot of work. You probably should get some testers for it. I'm available. :D

A member educated me on the current status of things.. Basically, the best way to play the Nesca games right now is on a modern PC with a JVS emulator tool (sorry forget the name right now) to allow you to use a JVS I/O setup on a Vewlix or to use a fast I/O right out of the box the games will run.. My understanding is that the x2 system is not powerful enough to properly run the Nesica games without lag or performance issues, specially USF4. Also, USF4 has not been publicaly released like the rest of the games.. Based on my understanding a X2 will be very nice to have but nothing is stoping us from playing the Nesca games on our cabs..
[/quote]

Last edited:
My understanding is that the x2 system is not powerful enough to properly run the Nesica games without lag or performance issues, specially USF4. Also, USF4 has not been publicaly released like the rest of the games.. Based on my understanding a X2 will be very nice to have but nothing is stoping us from playing the Nesca games on our cabs..
This is not true. The Nesica games where designed to run on the X2. Thats what the games run on in the Arcades. if you go to a Round1 or any arcade in japan and play a game on Nesica, you are playing on an X2. This is like saying the Neo Geo wasn't powerful enough to run its own games....

Now you can certainly run the games on just about any modern PC. People have made keyboard to FastIO emulators that you can set up in a cab.

Thanks for the feedback on the X2..

Is there any plans to publicaly release USF4 any time soon?

Yep, I've been putting in quite a bit of work on the new multi. Just got the FastIO to JVS driver working Yesterday. Which allows people who wish to use a FastIO setup to play all the original JVS only games.

The new BBCF ( BBCFv2) was launched on both NxL and NxL2. Taito is slowly transitioning over toward NxL2 but until they get some exclusives Ops wont bite.
Sounds like someone will be getting more beer soon!

Yep all games will be fully playable. Even USF4, with all 3 builds of the same version 1.05 without patching.
The multi and all games will work with either JVS or FastIO. The I/O is all 100% seamless. If you have a JVS I/O connected then the multi emulates RFID and converts JVS to FastIO automagically. If you have just a FastIO connected then the multi emulates the RFID reader and only converts FastIO to JVS for the JVS only games. If you connect an RFID reader then the multi lets the games talk directly to the card reader. If you have nothing connected to your X2, and your X2 is really just a box of Captain Crunch then the multi probably wont work.
Huh wow so if I have an X2, there's no reason at all to buy an x3, fast IO, or RFID?

Back