What's new
As has been pointed out earlier, it would help if someone could donate a: NAVJ2 to @Niko

Be sure, that your P1 & P2 coin meter has been "bridged" like described here on the bottom:
triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/t…/default.asp?stockid=1718
Yeah, I don't think this has been done in my cabinets but I thought they actually had coin meters installed. I will check and if they don't I will do the mod and re-test.
As has been pointed out earlier, it would help if someone could donate a: NAVJ2 to @Niko
I have PM'd @Niko regarding this. I may have a spare he can use while I repair a cabinet.

Be sure, that your P1 & P2 coin meter has been "bridged" like described here on the bottom:
triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/t…/default.asp?stockid=1718
Yeah, I don't think this has been done in my cabinets but I thought they actually had coin meters installed. I will check and if they don't I will do the mod and re-test.
I have PM'd @Niko regarding this. I may have a spare he can use while I repair a cabinet.
Also I think some KOFXIII version requires a 2nd coin meter, so besides the installed coin meter #1 I had to put a resistor on coin meter #2 to get it to boot.
This is with a Sega Type 1 IO, but I assume it is the same with your IO

Ok, so I've done some testing of the new V1.4 Multi for those of us with Namco Noir cabs or cabinets using the NAVJ2 IO boards. Here's what I've found.

On a single player Namco Noir Cab not linked

These games have all got the dreaded coin error:
-KOF Ultimate Match
-KOF XIII
-KOF XIII Climax
-Senko no Rondo Duo (the fault was in Japanese but I'm assuming its the same)
-SFIV
-SFIVAE
-SFIVAEE
-SSFIVAE 2012
-Trouble Witches

When Linked to a second cabinet
-The multi defaults to P2 cabinet for control and P1 controls don't work even after resetting out of a game as they did in the previous version.
-With the P2 cabinet linked you no longer have the coin errors that are present with a single cabinet however there is a bunch of new issues.

Chaos Breaker - Players reversed
Gigawing Generations - IO error then reboots
Homura - boots no controls at all
Raiden III, III Export and IV - P2 cabinet controls act as Player 1 and no P1 cabinet controls at all
Shikigami no Shiro III - doesn't boot at all, just freezes
Spica Adventures - same as Raiden games
SFIV - no longer boots "JVS ERROR 0005: Connection out of spec"
SFIVAE - as above
Trouble Witches - same as Raiden games

Games not mentioned worked without any noticeable issues in the respective cabinet configurations.

@Niko if you would like me to do anymore specific testing let me know. Hope this helps a bit. I haven't found any info on the Namco IO cards anywhere so I will try asking Namco support for some info. I don't like my chances though. There are a few dip switches that must do something.
Thanks for the feedback.

With the multi, all games run as they would on an OEM game drive. So the games communicate directly with the JVS I/O board. For the coin errors, you'd need to either hookup coin meters or use a resistor to fake their presence.

For the linked cabs, I have the multi menu setup to read inputs from the first I/O board detected in the JVS chain. I could possibly add support for dual I/O boards in the future. It just hasnt been a priority since I think most people play in a single cab setup.

As for the game issues with a linked second cab. As mentioned above the games communicate directly with the I/O board(s). So there isn't anything I can really do there outside of sitting between the game and the controls to intercept the JVS traffic and fake different JVS rev, features, etc. Which isnt something I really want to do.

I was mainly interested in knowing if the menu controls worked now with the Namco I/O? I had heard before that they would only respond for a few seconds before they just stopped all together. Is that still happening?

All in all, it sounds like these Namco JVS I/O boards are just not 100% compatible with the Type X / X2 games. Getting the coin meter hooked up will probably fix majority of the in game issues you have, outside of the cab 1 and cab 2 controls being reversed.

This is this last time I will bother to say this. You dont need a mame release, niko has released a jvs tool, take the time set it up when the "game" in this case mame runs your jvs will become a keyboard you then can set all the games up to work with keyboard controls. and Coerey Released the same exact tool, but for fast io, either way you gain a keyboard. to configure and run ANY APPLICATION EMULATOR GAME PROGRAM whatever runs on windows xp sp2

Want to run old school gulity gear XXreload ? melty blood the doujin release shocker you can.
Wish I had the patience / Know how to figure out which versions of which games I could get running. I tried it with some but I could not figure out which files I or libraries I was missing or how to even install them. I definately need help / detailed guidence when it some to software stuff lol.

I did figure out how to use the CJVS creation tool to correct the issue I had with Crimzon Clover. I followed Cory's directions and it works!

Thank you guys for all of your hard work thus far!

This is this last time I will bother to say this. You dont need a mame release, niko has released a jvs tool, take the time set it up when the "game" in this case mame runs your jvs will become a keyboard you then can set all the games up to work with keyboard controls. and Coerey Released the same exact tool, but for fast io, either way you gain a keyboard. to configure and run ANY APPLICATION EMULATOR GAME PROGRAM whatever runs on windows xp sp2

Want to run old school gulity gear XXreload ? melty blood the doujin release shocker you can.
Wish I had the patience / Know how to figure out which versions of which games I could get running. I tried it with some but I could not figure out which files I or libraries I was missing or how to even install them. I definately need help / detailed guidence when it some to software stuff lol.
I did figure out how to use the CJVS creation tool to correct the issue I had with Crimzon Clover. I followed Cory's directions and it works!

Go grab Orcals Vbox, and install windows xp sp2 , Or use a program called depencay walker
and look at the dlls it calls,
Or in Vbok case, run the game and see what dll errors it throws those will be the same dlls needed to run on an x2 ( since it is windows xp sp2)
Then just include those dlls inside the game folder,

Wish I had the patience / Know how to figure out which versions of which games I could get running. I tried it with some but I could not figure out which files I or libraries I was missing or how to even install them. I definately need help / detailed guidence when it some to software stuff lol.I did figure out how to use the CJVS creation tool to correct the issue I had with Crimzon Clover. I followed Cory's directions and it works!

Go grab Orcals Vbox, and install windows xp sp2 , Or use a program called depencay walkerand look at the dlls it calls,
Or in Vbok case, run the game and see what dll errors it throws those will be the same dlls needed to run on an x2 ( since it is windows xp sp2)
Then just include those dlls inside the game folder,
Oracle VirtualBox 5.2 .. CHECK!
Windows XP Home SP2 .. CHECK!
Dependency Walker 2.2 .. CHECK!

Trying to find a game that runs or figure out how to locate install the dependencies .. mind goes numb...

I guess I need to get my hands on a Windows XP dependency library. Then I need to figure out what I do after I get a game working .. no idea how to create a game.exe that injects the CJVS so I can use my arcade controls.

Guess it also does not help that I am sick too.

Last edited:
just attempt to run the game see what errors it throws then google the dlls you need,

and sammy just gave a ghetto way to load cjvs
just rename the real games exe to crimsonclover.exe
then copy n cjvs and the files + the created exe

What might be useful is a CJVS tool that can be named as game.exe (or whatever) that reads the filename of the actual game executable from a cjvs.ini file, then runs it.

just attempt to run the game see what errors it throws then google the dlls you need,

and sammy just gave a ghetto way to load cjvs
just rename the real games exe to crimsonclover.exe
then copy n cjvs and the files + the created exe
Sooooo one of the first games I try is Guilty Gear X .. and well I ran it through Dependency walker and spit back at me it needed like 70 DLL files. For a game that is supposed to be a Windows XP game that's a crap ton to try to chase down.

It seems like a bulk of the errors / missing DLLs seem to be ones calling out for direct3d stuff. Is there a way to just install Direct3d on the TTX2? if so which version and where might it be located?

I just got a vewlix cab and currently only have fast io board. How can i get the controls for examu games to work with it?
The same games on hdd works in my other cab but it is using jvs. I will have jvs io soon but wondering how to get them working for meantime.
I noticed there is a unijvs file in all the games that are not working. Is there a unifast file or something like that?
Using v1.4 there is a config file. Do I need to have a certain setting on ini file for fast io support? Ive tried not having config, gametype=jvs, gametype=fast, gametype=fastio all with no luck. Im not sure what options are for config

Also I having a problem with crimson clover besides the controls not working with fast io when i load it with jvs cab the resolution is off and is zoomed in which prevents showing whole picture. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Last edited:
I just got a vewlix cab and currently only have fast io board. How can i get the controls for examu games to work with it?
The same games on hdd works in my other cab but it is using jvs. I will have jvs io soon but wondering how to get them working for meantime.
I noticed there is a unijvs file in all the games that are not working. Is there a unifast file or something like that?
Using v1.4 there is a config file. Do I need to have a certain setting on ini file for fast io support? Ive tried not having config, gametype=jvs, gametype=fast, gametype=fastio all with no luck. Im not sure what options are for config

Also I having a problem with crimson clover besides the controls not working with fast io when i load it with jvs cab the resolution is off and is zoomed in which prevents showing whole picture. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks
so I figured out one of my problems. I was able to fix the resolution on crimzon clover. It was pretty stupid of me to not figure this out sooner. I changed resolution by going into setting and just changed full screen resolution to desired setting.

I still can’t figure out how to get controls to work for examu games and crimzon clover with fast io on v1.4

FastIO support for the Examu games and Crimzon Clover was never implemented as I stopped supporting those games since they all got official Nesica releases which do support FastI/O.

I imagine Nesica support will come this year, Taito hasnt really done anything with it in quite awhile.

Last edited:
FastIO support for the Examu games and Crimzon Clover was never implemented as I stopped supporting those games since they all got official Nesica releases which do support FastI/O.

I imagine Nesica support will come this year, Taito hasnt really done anything with it in quite awhile.
Thanks its good to know It wasn't me like the resolution issue I had.
Nesica support sounds much better anyway

What exactly would I need to set up a ttx+ system?

Any old computer?

A serial port?

TypeX jvs pci card?

An actual typeX PC?

I'm not finding clear answers even though I'm sure its been asked over and over

What exactly would I need to set up a ttx+ system?

Any old computer?

A serial port?

TypeX jvs pci card?

An actual typeX PC?

I'm not finding clear answers even though I'm sure its been asked over and over
What's your end goal? To run my multi?

Run multi only no other shit with Sega type 3 io and bare minimum emulation.

The PCI card seem almost unattainable because I'll surely be out bid so is a USB to serial port a possibly?

Back