What's new
What exactly would I need to set up a ttx+ system?
Taito type x plus really?

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=678

Or did you mean taito type X2?
Ttx2 shows up on yahoo auctions Japan regularly if you can stomach the $100+ shipping. I like the seller kachanvega fwiw. One guy (I think it's gfront) has a bunch of them on there right now, but I'd wait for one that's shown working and has a hard drive in it (blazblue shows up often)

FYI : MY TTX+ turned up inside a TTX2 case.

Not complaining as the psu is loads better in the TTX2.

I picked up a "junk treatment" TTX for 5000 yen (for the case & JVS card) cost about the same again to sea freight it back to the UK.

Sorry I meant any of the typeX hardware not just plus.

So should I shoot for the jvs card or is there a better approach to getting max compatibility like just getting a cheap core 2 PC or something with r232

All of the games work fine on a pc aside from KoF13 not-climax may have issues as well as Samurai Showdown Sen. If you're wanting JVS output your options are to find the JVS header card which isn't sold very often separately to put in a different pc or to buy a X2.

The video card & JVS card are going to be the sticking points for building a clone system to run a non-taito game disk.

My TTX had an AGP 9600SE, A P4 2.4Ghz Celeron CPU and 512Mb ram (Upgraded to 2Gb), games boot from an IDE HDD.

My TTX2 had a PCIe 7900GS, a P4 3.4Ghz CPU and 1Gb ram (Upgraded to 4Gb), games boot from a SATA HDD - works fine with Niko's multi and the hacked TGM3 image.

MATX motherboards with onboard sound - Nothing special apart from the custom bios chip and the USB dongle.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before. I think I checked all pages in this thread after the 1.4 release...

I'm having an issue with the multi such that I'm unable to start any game. The menu comes up fine and I can control it to select a game, but when I pick one I see a commandline pop up saying "Starting whatever game", the screen does some adjustment, then I am kicked back to the menu.

Here is a video of what I'm seeing:

The other weird thing I noticed is that a few seconds after opening the command line, the system resets, then seems to reset a second time, then finally boots again.

More info on the TTX2 in question:

Just imaged a 300G HDD with the 128G image I found somewhere. TTX2 is a Core2Duo w/ 2G RAM and a GF9800GT (if the label is to be believed). It previously ran Cyberdriver, but I was unable to test this as I couldn't find the key in the storage closet where this was stored.

I tested with 480P and 720P, both do the same thing. I only tested over DVI on two different monitors, as I don't have a DVI->VGA readily available.

The disk checks out, at least as far as S.M.A.R.T. is concerned. I'm loading up another spare drive to see if that helps.

I'm going to test with the TGM3 image I see in this forum next to see if that boots.

Is this a known issue? Any more tests I could run?

Oh ok. I didn't see that anywhere on the first post, and figured an nvidia card was an nvidia card. Is there any way to modify it to work? Swap the drivers w/ the ones on the cyberdriver disk, maybe? Not sure if the games have GPU-specific programming or if they only use standard directx calls. Nevermind, I'm reading up elsewhere in the thread now.

Last edited:
Thanks, deibit. I've seen that thread and was wondering why someone might need to flash a 7900. I figured maybe the original ones were just dying. Now I know.

Thanks, deibit. I've seen that thread and was wondering why someone might need to flash a 7900. I figured maybe the original ones were just dying. Now I know.
The originals (Elsa 979) do die as well ;)
So with this you can reflash a standard out ot the box 7900GS or 7900GT and if you're lucky some others like 7950GT

I'll be back in a few days when the card gets in. Thanks for the help. Can the 79x0 requirement be added to the top post with a link to the flash thread?

I'm trying to add Ikaruga to my TTX2 multi setup, but i'm getting an error screen relating to the i/o
I've got a standard X2 setup, plugged into a Vewlix.
coTrxjA.jpg
QEg8zpq.jpg

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong and/or missing?
(Hyper Street Fighter doesn't work either - no error screen, just blank and then returns to AM)

DBAC? Is that a conversion from Steam, or the real deal?

DBAC? Is that a conversion from Steam, or the real deal?
Not sure you follow post what so ever, but he is running the package i built for the x2, to install nesica gui, with extra themes I enjoyed; as stated in that post it contained artwork for all known games regardless if they are "playable" or not.

On the typical of Darius, the "steam" port isn't really a full fledged port the game still opens a nesys pipe even on steam so you go to arcade mode, it is literately 1 to 1, with a proper screen rotation fix. 2nd monitor on original board is flipped on top of the test mode is still accessible

Hello everybody. I use a fast I / O board and RFID. I have installed version 1.4 but I missed a step all the games I have an error jvs board !!! what is the dipswitch for fast I / 0board?

Hello everybody. I use a fast I / O board and RFID. I have installed version 1.4 but I missed a step all the games I have an error jvs board !!! what is the dipswitch for fast I / 0board?
Are you using a crossover cable for fast io rather than normal ethernet wire? Have you used you ever used your fast io setup or is this first time?

Make sure you setup a config.ini file with "gametype=jvs" for each of the JVS games.

Back