What's new
the second viewlix would have to have a special inverter to play it natively due to the screen being flipped.
Or just mount the monitor upside down. They're rotatable and from what I've seen of the mounting hardware it'd be possible to mount it upside down.
that wouldn't work because it would still be backwards
I'd be incredibly surprised if there wasn't an Extron box for that you can pick up for $20.
better of to just modify the game files, because speed is the big factor.

better of to just modify the game files, because speed is the big factor.
Extron boxes are not generally known to slow anything down. Not even among the incredibly hardware-nitpicky shmups crowd.

Any which way, I'm now curious if the X2 multi supports DB out-of-the-box. Provided you had all the hardware and software and wanted to mirror your second display.

Extron boxes are not generally known to slow anything down.
I think it's more a matter of how it's drawn on the screen.

video data is sent starting in the top left sending data for each pixel in the line, then going to the next line down.

if you wanted to mirror the image vertically you'd have to wait for the entire frame to be delivered because the last pixel of video data on the bottom right would be the first one that needs to be drawn to the screen.

so even a flawlessly fast device would have exactly 1 frame of lag.

And after all that effort, you wouldn't feel like playing the game. Like when you cook a big three course meal, and by the time it's done, you sit down and no longer feel hungry.

Super late to this reply, but yes what @Derick2k said.
I know he did try to use two Vewlix cabs side-by-side to accomplish this, it's not that simple because of the mirrored screen.

I also have two Vewlix cabs, but no FastIO's and no way to mirror that screen back.
So as @rewrite originally said, if you have the equipment to play this game... You likely already own the game. ;)

Obligatory

ezgif-com-resize.gif

the second viewlix would have to have a special inverter to play it natively due to the screen being flipped.
Or just mount the monitor upside down. They're rotatable and from what I've seen of the mounting hardware it'd be possible to mount it upside down.
I'd be incredibly surprised if there wasn't an Extron box for that you can pick up for $20.
There's a box that you can use plus the software rotation application I wrote to do this. Main gotcha is the mirroring introduces around 10ms latency though so it would be less than ideal

http://www.hallresearch.com/page/SC-VGA-2B

There's a box that you can use plus the software rotation application I wrote to do this. Main gotcha is the mirroring introduces around 10ms latency though so it would be less than ideal

http://www.hallresearch.com/page/SC-VGA-2B
Thats the main problem, so you need to invert the mirroring in software, or actually undo it.

There's at least one version of the game "out there" that has the second screen mirrored and flipped, so yeah, it can be done.

I'm still looking for the Export version of the game. The chronicle mode is unplayable in Japanese.

Does an export version even exist?

Regarding the screen mirroring, it can be fixed in software quite easily. You're still on the hook for a FAST I/O or rigging up an emulator. Our favorite Austrian sells a version of the game on one of the multis he has available.

Hardware solutions also exist to correct the screen mirroring; you can read a pretty lengthy guide here (in Japanese).

Well thanks To people helping test, we have now confirmed the last issue should be fixed, So I present the drag and drop edition

READ the included readme but here are the highlights

This is not a "port" of my theme , Am Or any of the pre released software, this is 3 applcations(A game.exe, a multi.exe and a reload.exe) that enable it to run
on the X2 platform, Since AM Runs out of the box This is important to understand You are not tied to using what I have created,
Past or present, And Important to understand "artwork" update or theme updates That I do for My Projects form time to time, do not
need to be ported or converted, They need to only be copied over nothing more so your updates for things like artwork, and theme upgrades
or even if you go to the offical source of AM Or create your own theme You can apply it,drag and drop it, and do with as you see fit.
So to state it so it clear all artwork updates are the same theres not a unquie special sause to this version or any other version.
I have to say this beacuse It royally Ticks me when I see people using it ( the old version Corey setup for drag and drop), and
they havent taken the time to ever change a setting, or upgrade the artwork because they dont understand it isnt special or unquie to the x2

Joystick - Controls movement
Button 1 - Confirm
Button 2- Changes the current fliter mode forward 1
Button 3 - Changes the current fliter mode backwards 1
Button 4 - Toggles the Artwork, to Show between Flyer, Title, Video
Button 5+6 Open Settings menu
Button 2+5 Open the "exit" menu (if selected yes, returns to nikos menu)
Button 2+5+6 Opens the Edit Game menu (Most of this you cant edit with out a keyboard, however you can remove/delete a game off the menu )

I downloaded and installed it when it runs I dont have the nesica menu?
Thats by design, Iv set it to load into the Basic theme I like. Beacuse as stated above, people are unwilliing to change settings,
so you will have to do so to run it

Themes included
NXL HD, NXL SD, NXL VERT ,SegaPras hd, segapras Sd, Blues Flat, Cools,

https://mega.nz/#!Z9IjWBpT!97fuY3d2htlKa0AfP_JTQ3WYt5CcWbDyoV7dEeifCOY

Inside you will find the E and D Folders, copy them to the corresponding drives
Included Is a RomList with every single game. nxl ttx-ttx3 and examu
And all of my TTX/NZL Artwork set assets

One thing not covered in the readme, that i didn't take note of until niko asked why omly 18 games Is the fliter mode selects the options the inlcuded fliter modes can be swapped at any time with buttons 2 and 3 the selection of filters id all games+Clones A-Z (All games no clones) Genre nesica TTX TTX2 And examu

Quick update attached a list of expected folder names, due to games having same names
Tags [nesica] and [ttx] Must be used.
Akai Katana Shin[Nesica]
BlazBlue ContinuumShift II[TTX]

You can Find the full List of expected folder names to keep in mind.
Artfate, I donwloaded this file, but when trying to decompress it, it says it is not a RAR file. Any idea why?copy the folder, to my HDD I dont have D and E partions but C, D, and Games. Not sure which one is the supposed E. What is supposed to be in E?
Nesica will not be we-did-it-for-you level of support until the service is decommissioned by Taito. If you have your own Nesica dumps, you can make them work with the multi with just a little effort. Just look at how the other games are launched, and mirror that process for other games.

Dariusburst isn't useful for 99% of users (dual monitors, 2 Fast I/O's, etc). If you have a compatible setup, you probably already have the game. Whether or not the multi in its current state supports DB or not, I'm not sure? Feel free to toss in your dump of the game and try it out and report back to us.
Thanks! Actually my technical skills are none. I have a HHD with a non-matching USB dongle, still haven't been able to figure out which games are they for...

Last edited:
Hardware solutions also exist to correct the screen mirroring; you can read a pretty lengthy guide here (in Japanese).
The biggest issue with "mirror flipping" in software is its going to add lag.
Being that this game uses two screens side by side, to have lag on one and not the other would be disorentating at best.

As I see it, for a quality experience you only have two choices.
  1. Add an equal amount of lag to the "normal" LCD, so side by side it would be in sync with the "mirror flipped" LCD.
  2. Turn the software algorithm into ASIC that could perform the transform much faster than programmable logic.
BTW, I freaking love that he has Darius II in a Burst cab! :love:
dariusac-top-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember someone having a cabless setup in norcal for DBEX and I think they modified the game to flip the image, no external hardware at least. I sadly don't remember who it was, just that they lived in San Jose. I do remember them selling the setup on eBay several years ago though.

The biggest issue with "mirror flipping" in software is its going to add lag....

Turn the software algorithm into ASIC that could perform the transform much faster ...
You have that completely backwards my friend. If the mirroring was done in software on the x2 itself it would have 0 lag because it would have access to the whole frame before it output the x2. Meanwhile even a asics based hardware mirroring would take at minimum 1 frame because you'd have to wait for the last line of resolution to exit the x2 before you could start displaying the first line of resolution out of your hardware.

Our favorite Austrian sells a version of the game on one of the multis he has available..
Not really though. He posted that on his site, what, a year and a half ago that he had a one screen solution to put on his multi? I've poked him every 3-4 months since and he just keeps saying it's "almost ready" and he'll email when it is. Still doesn't seem to be available for purchase.

Our favorite Austrian sells a version of the game on one of the multis he has available..
Not really though. He posted that on his site, what, a year and a half ago that he had a one screen solution to put on his multi? I've poked him every 3-4 months since and he just keeps saying it's "almost ready" and he'll email when it is. Still doesn't seem to be available for purchase.
Got the same answer from him way over a year ago. It wont be ready because the game is completely unplayable when used on one screen the way he showed it.

Last edited:
So...the question becomes how do we make the OS in the TTX2 mirror the image back on the second display??
It's XP Embedded, isn't it?

The card's new enough that nVidia Control Panel should support it, and that supports rotating a display 90, 180, and 270 degrees. Not sure if it works in XP though.

EDIT: Quick Google shows that there are versions of nVidia Control Panel for XP. So that's probably the easiest answer.

I remember someone having a cabless setup in norcal for DBEX and I think they modified the game to flip the image, no external hardware at least. I sadly don't remember who it was, just that they lived in San Jose. I do remember them selling the setup on eBay several years ago though.
That was alamone, and he was using the same external hardware processors linked in the Japanese guide to flip the image to the correct orientation. He didn't modify the software.

The biggest issue with "mirror flipping" in software is its going to add lag....

Turn the software algorithm into ASIC that could perform the transform much faster ...
You have that completely backwards my friend. If the mirroring was done in software on the x2 itself it would have 0 lag because it would have access to the whole frame before it output the x2. Meanwhile even a asics based hardware mirroring would take at minimum 1 frame because you'd have to wait for the last line of resolution to exit the x2 before you could start displaying the first line of resolution out of your hardware.
This is correct, using the external solutions will add ~1f lag, which is generally okay. Modifying the software itself results in zero lag, I'm pretty sure it's as simple as modifying an .inf file :P

Got the same answer from him way over a year ago. It wont be ready because the game is completely unplayable when used on one screen the way he showed it.
He's selling it now, try emailing him again.

That was alamone, and he was using the same external hardware processors linked in the Japanese guide to flip the image to the correct orientation. He didn't modify the software.
Oh, assumed it was software cause he had posted this of the game running windowed without needing to be flipped by hardware. http://alamone.net/image/Clipboard03.jpg
Not sure if that's just the nature of forcing it to run in a window and fullscreen will always be flipped.

Last edited:
Back