What's new
Ended up with a few fully assembled CPS2IOI's, PM me or use the form on my website if you need one.
If you're like me and got excited, it is closed now.

These aren't just useful for CPS2! They are great for JVS Systems with their own VGA/Audio Out when you are using the Capcom IO, examples are Namco System 2x6 and Sega Naomi 1/2.

Is it normal to lose the ability to turn the system on and off via the I/O switch when using the 6 pin instead of the ATX?
Is there a revision where the dsubs are not upside down?
Is there an alternative for the Digital AV functions being tied into the volume controls? Can I just wire separate buttons to the case instead?
Is there a trick to get the scaler (or whatever down is) to fit your screen just right?

Re the power switch, that's normal behaviour. ATX has logic to control power via grounding a certain pin. Using a terminal power supply no such method is available.

Is there a revision where the dsubs are not upside down?

Is there an alternative for the Digital AV functions being tied into the volume controls? Can I just wire separate buttons to the case instead?
Is there a trick to get the scaler (or whatever down is) to fit your screen just right?
2. No.
3. Yes, just don't solder the cables to volume control buttons but to separate buttons.
4. I don't believe so.

The CPS2’s native resolution is 384x224, which the digi AV board upscales to 1920x1120 (5x), meaning that 20 pixels need to be cropped from the top and bottom to fit the image in a 1920x1080 frame.

The board currently only supports 1080p output, but I believe marqs’ plan is to add support for different resolutions in the next few months.

I got a few messages about the CPS2 I/O Interface and I decided to assemble one more small batch. It will be available in around a week from now! If you wish to pre-order yours, please go here.

49627210072_da8b6c4e7d_z.jpg

Last edited:
This is @RGB's project, not mine. He should be better able to answer you on this.

@FakeNoose I don't maintain the BOM, but most are pretty much off the shelf parts, you don't need to buy them from the shop I linked to.

sorry for asking noob question, for that ATX power connector, possible to use pico ATX with it?

Sure, it will work, but a standard ATX PSU will be safer.

After preordering form are we supposed to get an email?

Not immediately after preordering. I will contact everyone when their order is ready for shipping.

Back