What's new
Finally!, thanks to @jassin000 for helping me out! As always :thumbup: Video looks amazing. :rolleyes:

Question though: does this mod not support audio from the HDMI? Only way i got audio was from the RCA cable. I don’t think we missed any steps.
Yes it supports audio. The audio is generated from the IC I have highlighted in my install. Try testing the audio in the configuration menu.

Attachments

• DSC09112 - installed_audio.jpg
    DSC09112 - installed_audio.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 246
testing the audio in the configuration menu
We did, his was silent as could be.
And I soldered thos 4 feet you outlined in red above (maybe the order is wrong? your PCB is different looking so I can't really compare).

Have you tried the 'powering it up with the volume down depressed trick'? I don't think this will work though as you say you are getting audio through the RCAs. Although my board is different, the IC is the same.

trick and nothing
It won't work for you because you have audio... just via RCA jacks only.
The "trick" is that it restores audio IF your audio isn't working at the CPS2 A-board level (sometimes after writing a game on DS multi).

Again that's not what's wrong with yours...
I don't think its hooked up correctly, and so far no one can give me a clear indication of what go's where (just low rez images or different revision PCBs).

I said I would help out with this, and really the mod does look fantastic... But man, this takes the cake for worst install directions ever.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone in its current state. :thumbdown:

it's hard to tell from the pics, but did you bridge jumpers J3, J5 and J6 on the AV board (step 3 in the instructions)?

it's hard to tell from the pics, but did you bridge jumpers J3, J5 and J6 on the AV board (step 3 in the instructions)?
I don’t believe we did sir. I will check
Very tiny. If you trace your finger from the intel chip on the AV board, Start at the "I" and go left, you will see them. Took me forever to find them, almost illegible.

Also, A lot of people seem to be doing RGB's method of installing the coax cable. I followed the original instructions and went to the underside of the board. Probably doesn't matter but it may be worth a shot.

Make sure C1 and C2 are bridged.

I don’t believe we did sir. I will check
Very tiny. If you trace your finger from the intel chip on the AV board, Start at the "I" and go left, you will see them. Took me forever to find them, almost illegible.
Also, A lot of people seem to be doing RGB's method of installing the coax cable. I followed the original instructions and went to the underside of the board. Probably doesn't matter but it may be worth a shot.

Make sure C1 and C2 are bridged.
thanks man ill look into this bridging j3, j5 , j6, which all 3 are supposed to be bridge together right? Anyone got a picture of that when they where doing their installation?

It might be a good idea to post pics from your installation, because the official installation guide pictures aren't clear regarding the coax.

thanks man ill look into this bridging j3, j5 , j6, which all 3 are supposed to be bridge together right? Anyone got a picture of that when they where doing their installation?
Yes sir ... i posted some pictures, there are full instalation. check this pbs.twimg.com/media/EEohcnDWwA…format=jpg&name=4096x4096 (look on the middle on that 3 solder joints - where is U11) . here you can check if it's the same as yours

Yes sir ... i posted some pictures, there are full instalation. check this pbs.twimg.com/media/EEohcnDWwA…format=jpg&name=4096x4096 (look on the middle on that 3 solder joints - where is U11) . here you can check if it's the same as yours
I seeee, we definitely did not touch U11, so its as simple as adding some solder to those 3 abd done? They dont look bridge to me on that picture, or do they automatically become “bridge” once you add soldering to all 3 of them individually?

I seeee, we definitely did not touch U11, so its as simple as adding some solder to those 3 abd done? They dont look bridge to me on that picture, or do they automatically become “bridge” once you add soldering to all 3 of them individually?
3 pads on the middle of U11 ... that 6 pads must have solder on them (bridge those) and the result will be that 3 jumpers soldered (3 joints)

look on this picture to see how looks unsoldered

3 pads on the middle of U11 ... that 6 pads must have solder on them (bridge those) and the result will be that 3 jumpers soldered (3 joints)
look on this picture to see how looks unsoldered
You areee the besttttt man thanks for having patience with my noob ass lol ill try this tonight and see was up.

question since ya are more advanced then me, does those jumper j3,j5,j6 have to do with the sound?

yMDfF1l.jpg

I already buttoned everything all up so I cannot take a ton of pictures but I do have this showing my install of the coax cable on the underside of the board.

Reactions: RGB
8dR4CHa_d.jpg

“Bridge” is connecting two pads with a bunch of solder. Just heat both pads and apply solder until the blob covers both pads. Do that for each pair, it looks like

Back